{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Korat immigration Info.  (Read 137884 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Korat immigration Info.
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
Just returned from the soon to be NEW REOPENED KCI. Talked to another immigration officer and they are now having 24 hour security on site. There still has not been any equipment moved in such as computers,pp scanners, etc. The office is still closed. As for the car it belongs to the HNIC of KCI. That is what all our fees go to. bananadance

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »
Just returned from th Kap Choeng Immigration Office. Their phone number is now working (044559278).
 Their new fax number is (04455927). They had 6 officers on duty helping 4 foreigners. Info: They well convert a tourist visa to an O for marriage at Kap Choeng Immigration. Cost 1900 baht

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
Just returned from th Kap Choeng Immigration Office. Their phone number is now working (044559278).
 Their new fax number is (04455927). They had 6 officers on duty helping 4 foreigners. Info: They well convert a tourist visa to an O for marriage at Kap Choeng Immigration. Cost 1900 baht

David presumably they will convert to retirement as well ?

This flys in the face of all the Thai Immigration regulations where it is stated that a Non-Imm O visa must be obtained outside of Thailand. We knew that Chaeng Wattana would convert and recently a friend was apparently converted by Korat (he paid 5k for the convenience having already paid 1,900 in BKK). I now looks even more widespread.

Helpful for foreigners but still outside the official rulebook.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 04:54:01 PM »

David presumably they will convert to retirement as well ?

This flys in the face of all the Thai Immigration regulations where it is stated that a Non-Imm O visa must be obtained outside of Thailand. We knew that Chaeng Wattana would convert and recently a friend was apparently converted by Korat (he paid 5k for the convenience having already paid 1,900 in BKK). I now looks even more widespread.

Helpful for foreigners but still outside the official rulebook.

This was told to me direct by an Immigration officer at 3 pm today. I only asked about a marriage can nretirementout retirment. He did say same for Korat. There was no misunderstandinI'm Next time Im in KCI I'retirementout retirment. In the mean time thanks to the BE EXPATS that stopped by to day and drunk all my beer. thumbup

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »
I hope they paid their bill !!!!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2012, 11:25:53 PM »
Is this Korat Office still Open?   stop1

I have been told it is closed and we have to go to Kap Choeng.   :blink:

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 07:45:17 AM »
Is this Korat Office still Open?   stop1

I have been told it is closed and we have to go to Kap Choeng.   :blink:

Korat immigration never closed it is still opened for residence of Nakhon Ratchasima and Chaiyphum Provinces.

mxyzptlk

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »
Myself & 2 friends who live in Nongki did 90 day reports @ Korat 2 weeks ago. From what they were saying @ Korat, it looks as though you only need to go to Kap Choeng when applying for extensions.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
Myself & 2 friends who live in Nongki did 90 day reports @ Korat 2 weeks ago. From what they were saying @ Korat, it looks as though you only need to go to Kap Choeng when applying for extensions.

By immigration law the office that issued your extension (marriage or retirement) is suppose to honor your 90 day reports until that extension expires at which time you will be required if your address is in Buriram or Surin to do your new extension AND 90 day reports at Kap Choeng.

mxyzptlk

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 05:03:23 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with you gotlost, but one of the guys who did the 90 day report at Korat was told he could continue to use the Korat office for ever for 90 day reports...As we all know, different offices and indeed the individual official who processes you uses their interpretation of the rules. I guess we'll find out for certain the next time someone who got their extension @ Kap Choeng tries to do a 90 day report @ Korat...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:09:59 PM by mxyzptlk »

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »
Did my 90 day report at Kap Choeng this morning ( extension processed by Korat last August ). No queues and a 50km reduction in the round trip as opposed to going to Korat. Great. Glad to see there's been no expense spared in supplying the newly re-opened office with the latest state-of-the-art electronic equipment, errr, well not quite. When I gave the official my passport she said I must complete form TM47 by hand because they don't have a computer. So, when I go back there in a couple of weeks to re-new my extension I wonder how they are going to check my records that are all stored on the computer at Korat ? Both interesting and worrying.   

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
I'm not disagreeing with you gotlost, but one of the guys who did the 90 day report at Korat was told he could continue to use the Korat office for ever for 90 day reports...As we all know, different offices and indeed the individual official who processes you uses their interpretation of the rules. I guess we'll find out for certain the next time someone who got their extension @ Kap Choeng tries to do a 90 day report @ Korat...
From my understanding your 90 day report can be done at any Immigration Office in Thailand.

Offline Various 57

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
From my understanding your 90 day report can be done at any Immigration Office in Thailand.

My understanding too Nookiebear. smilenod

The 90 days address notification can be done at any Immigration Office. Applications for the extension of the permissions of stay, re-entry permits and so on, have to be done at the Immigration Office designated to the province you're living in.

Quote from: immigration.go.th
Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days ::

Offices accepting notification:
1.Immigration offices throughout the country
2.For foreigners who residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
3. For foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial 4.Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact at sub-division 3 Visa extension units, Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18 , Phatumwan, Bangkok.
5.For special Labor of three Nationalities Loas , Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 , Soi SuaPlu , Satorn Rd.
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
Reading other posts especially by Various 57 and Nookiebear regarding the 90 day report -- and please do not shoot me, I'm only the messenger -- last time I did my 90 day report in Korat on 30.04.2012., they informed me that in future, ALL my extension requests AND 90 day reports must now be done at Kap Choeng. They went on to say that if I turned up at Korat to do a 90 day report, they would not deal with it. Obviously, and as has been noted earlier, all immigration officers interpret their rules in their way. Pity really because the misses and I made a day of it going to The Mall etc to buy groceries and passing Do Home was also very handy.

Offline Various 57

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
Reading other posts especially by Various 57 and Nookiebear regarding the 90 day report -- and please do not shoot me, I'm only the messenger -- last time I did my 90 day report in Korat on 30.04.2012., they informed me that in future, ALL my extension requests AND 90 day reports must now be done at Kap Choeng. They went on to say that if I turned up at Korat to do a 90 day report, they would not deal with it. Obviously, and as has been noted earlier, all immigration officers interpret their rules in their way. Pity really because the misses and I made a day of it going to The Mall etc to buy groceries and passing Do Home was also very handy.

I'm sure your correct Finnomick,the problem with Immigration or anything Government run is they all make up their own rules.What's OK at one place is not OK at another.Now that 90 day reporting is computer generated you would think it would make it easier.Lets say you live in Buriram on the border with Korat,why travel all the way to KC when Korat Immigration is so close,it just doesn't make sense ,does it  :wacko:
The rules state all 90 reports can be done by post  but KC doesn't do it ,KC Immigration used to do a Letter of Residency for free but when they moved to Korat it all of a sudden became 500Baht. I paid 300 baht for my new 5 year driving licence and was in and out in 20 minutes even though my old licence was 4 month out of date,others I have read pay 500 baht and have to sit and read the Highway code for an hour .All part of the fun of Thailand  :biggrin:

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick