{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: NEW British Consulate in Jomtien,Pattaya  (Read 11458 times)

dave the dude

NEW British Consulate in Jomtien,Pattaya
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »
Hi
With all these changes to interest rates and Ferang Husbands income now only accepted for Visa Extentions if married to a Thai, I thought i'd just like to mention my recent experience at the above office.

On Soi 5 in Jomtiem, Pattaya just after the Thai Immigration building, there is now a small office of the British Consolate and its open between 9am to 11am weekdays. I called in last week and asked for an income letter and gave as evidence 2 documents. One was proof of a Private Pension (taken early, Honest!!), the other (which I was a little concerned about) was no more than a signed letter stating a family member had repaid me 'x' amount during the last year.

Whilst I am not suggesting giving false evidence party6, I am never-the-less surprised that 'no questions were asked.' It seems as simple as you pay your money and you get your letter the following day. FANTASTIC!!

For those brits who are not aware of this new office, it could be a good excuse to visit SinCity in preference to BKK. love3

Dave

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: NEW British Consulate in Jomtien,Pattaya
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:16:21 AM »
Hi
With all these changes to interest rates and Ferang Husbands income now only accepted for Visa Extentions if married to a Thai, I thought i'd just like to mention my recent experience at the above office.

On Soi 5 in Jomtiem, Pattaya just after the Thai Immigration building, there is now a small office of the British Consolate and its open between 9am to 11am weekdays. I called in last week and asked for an income letter and gave as evidence 2 documents. One was proof of a Private Pension (taken early, Honest!!), the other (which I was a little concerned about) was no more than a signed letter stating a family member had repaid me 'x' amount during the last year.

Whilst I am not suggesting giving false evidence party6, I am never-the-less surprised that 'no questions were asked.' It seems as simple as you pay your money and you get your letter the following day. FANTASTIC!!

For those brits who are not aware of this new office, it could be a good excuse to visit SinCity in preference to BKK. love3

Dave
I have heard rumours that Barry Kenyon,the honourary consul you saw is retiring after this year.............If its true,I Hope his replacement turns out to be as helpful as he has been over many years.

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
Re: NEW British Consulate in Jomtien,Pattaya
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »
I have heard rumours that Barry Kenyon,the honourary consul you saw is retiring after this year.............If its true,I Hope his replacement turns out to be as helpful as he has been over many years.

Hear! Hear! ......... Barry has been a goldmine of info over the years, especially for local Pattaya expat's  8)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:58:19 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM