{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving  (Read 130521 times)

Offline fishy

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2019, 05:06:11 PM »
It looks like luck of the day if you have to do test etc for motorbike. The two guys I helped only had an Australian Car License. They did not have a bike licence. All they produced was an IDP  which got them both. That was 6 months ago.

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
Replaced my temporary two year driving license for car and motorbike to five years today, 4 days before the old one expired (August-3-2019)

The required documents was:
- Copy of passport ID page
- Copy of Visa page and stamp
- Copy of yellow book and Thai (pink) ID
- Two medical certificate (350 Baht at private hospital)

Done in two hours, reaction test, color test and vision test, no need to watch the video. Motorbike  250 Baht and car 500 Baht .
Almost got six years, the new driving licences expire on my birthday in July 2025

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2019, 11:58:09 AM »
Well at least it appears they have stopped that stupid thing where the current license had to have expired to get a 5 year renewal.

Offline pagan1

• Contributor with future
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2020, 07:12:49 AM »
I have just converted my 2 yr licence to a 5 yr licence at Prakhon Chai. Maybe I was unlucky but what should have been a simple process dragged on and on. My  yr licence expired on Sunday the 5th so on the Friday I went with all required paperwork (medical,Residence let, old licence, copy passport, copy visa, Wife ID, Housebook) to get the 5yr licence. Office was busy and I arived at 2pm. Was told after an hour I needed to come back on Monday before 9am or before 1pm. No problem
Returned Monday at 12.45 and again the office was busy. All applicants were put through the tests (lights, brake, depth + spatial) as a batch. I was held until last. Whilst everyone elce then went off to watch the video & some did the e test I got to sit and wait. All applicants were then processed and started to get their licences. By 4.15 I was still waiting and somewhat preturbed when the woman processing my documents disappeared off to the bank saying he she might or might not be able to process the licence. She returned at 4.45 and after checking her phone and a chat managed to process everything in 5 mins. Got my photo and cards (bike & car) issued 5 minutes later.
So over 4hrs waiting for a 10 minute job. Was the woman on a power trip ? Did she want a little tea money ? Was I just unlucky ? Was it really that busy ?  I don't know but for my next licence in 5yrs time I will choose a different office.

Offline Wozza

« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »
Just completed my 2 year to 5 year car and bike Licence at Buriram , They want 2 copies of everything (1 for each licence application)
Copies of
Passport first page
Visa page (O)
Extension of stay
Yellow book
Pink card
Doctors letter (from clinic)
 Then colour test and depth of field test
Paid the fee picked up the 2 bits of plastic and in and out in 2 hours , it was a little busy in there and I thought it was a little funny each time they were calling names the Thais were called by their name and when it came to calling me it was "Farlang" easy I guess I was the only one there

Offline Bob

« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »
My experience of 2 yrs to 5 yrs renewal my car DL, Few days ago in Buriram :
(O ext. ret.), Submitted Old DL (4 days before the exp. date), Copies of passport's front/extension stamp/last entry stamps,
Residence cert. from Arena IO (500 baht), Medical cert. from a clinic (100 baht).
Came to the office at 8:45 am. First needed to get an appointment.
There is a temp establishment (just outside of building's back entrance) to get a number.
Got an appointment at 1 pm and went to Big C to wait/shopping... (asked back my DL so can drive).
(BTW: at Arena, behind shops and the school, there is a nice little park to enjoy 30 mins slow walking, never knew about one...
Anyways, At 1 pm got inside (2nd floor). Then color test, green/red-go/stop and depth of field test. They sent me to watch the movie. Told them do not need one
but they insisted. 15 mins later they came into the room and said I do not need one. Got into the waiting room and got the plastic
(505 baht, 5 years + up to my birthday) and out at 2:15 pm.
I would say total there were about 100 people but well organized by groups (of 20 persons or so) so not crowded at all. Respect here.
They called Thai people: Khung "name", and me: Mister "B". I was the only one mister at the time in there so it was easy as well.
Hope this info helpful as well.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM