{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Isaan unwritten rules,  (Read 24723 times)

Offline Jon Terry

• Contributor with future
  • if the fish tastes bad put rotton fish on it
    • www.freewebs.com/jonterryinteriors
Re: Isaan unwritten rules,
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 01:14:16 AM »
A wife to die for!  yes and many have loco
I have been married for five years to My wife from Chaleamprakit, we have done many of the usual spending associated with the farang/thai couple, had kids built a house etc,
And my only advice which was given to me by a expat from Finland was "Jon remember it's your money!"
This has stood me in good stead especially in the beginning of our marriage when I lived with her family at the foot of Panom Rung. In the beginning I was over generous afraid to cause offence, but the advice I received was right when they asked me to buy a mini bus I said no and with great relief the matter was never spoke of again, the following months many other hair brained schemes were proposed and I always said no but no hard feeling were shown and in fact I know now that I was gaining there respect and love. Maybe I have been lucky but I think we all know that most Thai people have a good heart and strong sense of right and wrong.
It is not up to us to criticise people who have seldom seen money or the western world to think that we would not as generous as themselves if they had the money.
I'm sure we have all seen it when a Thai family member has a cash boost within 24 hours it has gone to many family members and friends, It is kindness and necessity that drives this not greed.
If you don't have the money they will understand and if they don't it is your responsibility to explain the western ways and that money is hard to get all over the world. If you act the big king pin don't be surprised if you get i'll feelings for not giving because they WOULD give in your position.
Be true and that should carry you further in Thailand than money, if it doesn't maybe you've found the wrong girl.
Jon Terry

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
I have been married for five years to My wife from Chaleamprakit, we have done many of the usual spending associated with the farang/thai couple, had kids built a house etc,
And my only advice which was given to me by a expat from Finland was "Jon remember it's your money!"
This has stood me in good stead especially in the beginning of our marriage when I lived with her family at the foot of Panom Rung. In the beginning I was over generous afraid to cause offence, but the advice I received was right when they asked me to buy a mini bus I said no and with great relief the matter was never spoke of again, the following months many other hair brained schemes were proposed and I always said no but no hard feeling were shown and in fact I know now that I was gaining there respect and love. Maybe I have been lucky but I think we all know that most Thai people have a good heart and strong sense of right and wrong.
It is not up to us to criticise people who have seldom seen money or the western world to think that we would not as generous as themselves if they had the money.
I'm sure we have all seen it when a Thai family member has a cash boost within 24 hours it has gone to many family members and friends, It is kindness and necessity that drives this not greed.
If you don't have the money they will understand and if they don't it is your responsibility to explain the western ways and that money is hard to get all over the world. If you act the big king pin don't be surprised if you get i'll feelings for not giving because they WOULD give in your position.
Be true and that should carry you further in Thailand than money, if it doesn't maybe you've found the wrong girl.
Jon Terry

Some common sense for a change!

TBWG sawadi

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
Well it seem to be a LOTERY you just keep buying tickets and HOPE!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline roger

• married to boonmee organ (kroptrathon)
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
hi all, thanks for your help and reasureance, i am now feeling a lot more comfortable with things,on many occasions when talking to my g/f she will say, " when you come i show you " backed up by mama as well, and many " i not lie you " "can see can see everything" so apparently i am to go and stay at there house. (no mention of any farther yet and im not sure if i should ask ) ? would that be classed as rude )
yes at the moment i feel things are running smoothly, and am looking forward to coming over to buriram asap.
could anyone please tell me if there are any web sites about non dindaeng/lam nangrong; the only thing i can find is about the dam, g/f tells me very beautiful, she goes there often, but i would like to see a bit more about life there, again thanks for your help party4 
Jon Terry
Jon Terry
well all

well alls ok with me,i came to buriram, non din daeng province in november and meet the family.all was very genuine i meet all the family (extendid) her farther came from korat and we got engaged on december 13th 2009, the party lasted for 3 days, i returned to england 23rd december,i am due back to non din daeng 25 april and will be staying as long as i can, to date i have had very little in the way of problems with my partener, the only problem is comunication & miss understanding each other, & nouthing more than that,i will post here again, and i think we are coming to buriram city in april so i might get to meet some of you in the farang bar. one for the road. roger ( best quote = dont spend what you cant afford to loose )

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »

well alls ok with me,i came to buriram, non din daeng province in november and meet the family.all was very genuine i meet all the family (extendid) her farther came from korat and we got engaged on december 13th 2009, the party lasted for 3 days, i returned to england 23rd december,i am due back to non din daeng 25 april and will be staying as long as i can, to date i have had very little in the way of problems with my partener, the only problem is comunication & miss understanding each other, & nouthing more than that,i will post here again, and i think we are coming to buriram city in april so i might get to meet some of you in the farang bar. one for the road. roger ( best quote = dont spend what you cant afford to loose )

Hope ASH Cloud does not foul flight up for you! confused4

TBWG sawadi

Offline swimming pizza

• Contributor with future
  • amazing thailand.
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 10:44:06 PM »
Isaan unwritten rules:

Never ever ever in your life pass a day without Chilli. redbite

somchai

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »
Women are the same no matter where they may be from Thailand, Europe or America they want stuff, jewely, new clothes and better living conditions and if u can provide the ladies with what they want I believe they will take care of u very well.  Every thing has a cost and u must be ready and able to pay it.

BINGO! This is true, in a broad sense. But many circles are convinced {lay blame to stigma, stereotype, and myth} that these character traits only exist amongst a certain 'foreign' cultural class but not there own. It might even be safer to suggest that average and honest 'good-girls' exist more so in Thailand than the archetype has long presented itself.

somchai

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »
money is a renewable resource, but once faith is betrayed....

Yea right, you couldn't renew some of mine, could you ? :D :D :D

SWINDLED, any chance your a Thai who believes in Ferang Money Tree's ???confused4

Dave
Indeed Dave. Most might understand where you're coming from, as it is also written within the halls of mythology that all Farang are rich bastards! Whereas, if the truth be known, {overwhelmingly} most Farang residents of any such stature are of modest means.

Offline rethumper

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 05:21:08 AM »
hi everyone.

newbie here, has been visiting Buriram g/f 21 years old.
every 90 days,stay a month.

bought the motorbike,gold,16,000 - 20,000 Baht /month, private school for her twins & 7 year old.

met family but was unable to visit due to red shirts & embassy warnings resulting in fewer calls or no answer.

cartoon & other posts have me re-think.

August visit any way to check what she's up to when not planting rice?

your thoughts would be appreciated!...

her i.d. - Right shoulder tatoo "richard e-g 08" for other expats sponsoring her.

thanks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:31:58 AM by ADMIN »

dave the dude

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 11:26:12 AM »
Here we go again!  crazydance :D

Run Forest Run  elephant027 vespa013 drivinggear bike038 bike037

Offline rethumper

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »
thanks dave for taking time.

I didn't want to be to negative.

your post is probably right, she's 28.

I still have all my teeth ,hair , am in shape, saw her 2 and half years.

one of you may run into this Buriram troll.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:53:57 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM