{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: weed killer et al.  (Read 8437 times)

Offline tonypace01

• Contributor with future
weed killer et al.
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:59:46 PM »
Looking for a good gardening center where I can get a good weed killer and some good herbal seeds and seedlings.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: weed killer et al.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
Looking for a good gardening center where I can get a good weed killer and some good herbal seeds and seedlings.

Hi TP

A word of warning, not sure what part of the world you come from BUT weed killer and pesticide in Thailand is not the namby pamby watered down stuff you get in UK/Europe, where it is diluted so much for health and safety reasons that it is almost useless.

Over here it is lethal!  I gave our mango trees a spray to kill parasites and next morning found half a dozen dead birds underneath the trees.  confused4 Also when you see Thais spraying or putting down weedkiller they always wear a mask, I suspect it is for a good reason!

So take care.

TBWG sawadi

PS: Also try to make sure you are standing upwind when apply or spray any chemicals over here.  I applied lime and was standing downwind, I finished up looking very anemic.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:09:56 AM »

Hi TP

A word of warning, not sure what part of the world you come from BUT weed killer and pesticide in Thailand is not the namby pamby watered down stuff you get in UK/Europe, where it is diluted so much for health and safety reasons that it is almost useless.

Over here it is lethal!  I gave our mango trees a spray to kill parasites and next morning found half a dozen dead birds underneath the trees.  confused4 Also when you see Thais spraying or putting down weedkiller they always wear a mask, I suspect it is for a good reason!

So take care.

TBWG sawadi

PS: Also try to make sure you are standing upwind when apply or spray any chemicals over here.  I applied lime and was standing downwind, I finished up looking very anemic.
I always thought you looked a little 'odd' party6
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:11:42 AM by nookiebear »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
Go to a 'garden center' & you'll pay twice as much as the local 'gardening' shops in the city/village

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »
I have a thai guy making my garden once a month. 300 baht a visit and he clean the whole area.
the tools are mine but for this price its a no brainer!  king1

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »
I have a thai guy making my garden once a month. 300 baht a visit and he clean the whole area.
Thanks for the info.......BTWF has that got to do with the original question??????

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:57:27 PM »
Thanks for the info.......BTWF has that got to do with the original question??????

simple. I don't have to deal with these problems. he is taking care of everything.  thumbup

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »

simple. I don't have to deal with these problems. he is taking care of everything.  thumbup
So who buys the weedkiller because weeds would be 3 feet high if he only comes once a month

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick