{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Book & Bed restaurant  (Read 23989 times)

Offline swissli78

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Book & Bed restaurant
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »
Was in there yesterday for Lunch, the menu is big, the food is ok but the service was just outstandingly bad. The Restaurant was almost empty and there were at least 4 waitresses working but still they were not at all attentive, and not able to bring the right order to the table. 1 Main course got forgotten and only after sitting in front of  nothing for around 10 minutes while my vis a vis already had the main and then reminding them that there must be something missing it was prepared. and for everything you wanted to order additionally, beverages, or others it took ages to get the attention from a waitress to get her to come over and do what she is actually paid for. Maybe the Boss was off that day! But surely they have to get a lot better than this.

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »
Was in there yesterday for Lunch, the menu is big, the food is ok but the service was just outstandingly bad. The Restaurant was almost empty and there were at least 4 waitresses working but still they were not at all attentive, and not able to bring the right order to the table. 1 Main course got forgotten and only after sitting in front of  nothing for around 10 minutes while my vis a vis already had the main and then reminding them that there must be something missing it was prepared. and for everything you wanted to order additionally, beverages, or others it took ages to get the attention from a waitress to get her to come over and do what she is actually paid for. Maybe the Boss was off that day! But surely they have to get a lot better than this.

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
I had the same experience there a few years ago ... NEVER been there again.

Offline swissli78

• Contributor with future
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
ohh i am calm that's simply a review like any other and in this case it is not my fault that the review has a bad score, reviewing businesses has nothing to do with loving they neighbor, otherwise we all would get fantastic reviews and would never excel in what we do. keep in mind only if people tell you that you do something wrong you can take the necessary steps to correct these mistakes.
And no worries i already have some good reviews about some restaurants in town. just had no time to post them yet  party6 

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »
One of my favourite cafes in M Buriram. Terrfic menu, mostly translated into English. Respectable prices and tasty food. Good selection of Thai & Western dishes and Leo's are cold. Have yet to try a dish that I did not enjoy.

Airconditioned section very appreciated on hot days, or very pleasant outdoors area for cooler days. Quiet location without scooters zooming past.

Tried their pancakes, maple syrup, banana, 3 scoops of the creamiest vanilla ice cream on my last visit. Delicious !!

Yes ... the service can be a bit hit and miss, but doesn't bother me at all. Just need to be a little patient and enjoy the conversation & company of who you are with. We generally go as 3 couples, so it's always a fun & happy night with our best friends.

Always amazes me how many different people the girls' know. Almost before we sit down, the girls are off chatting and giggling with some long lost school friend or work mate also dining in the cafe.

Anyway ... great restaurant, and like Arnie says "I'll be back ..." 

For those unsure of the location, it's directly behind the new Best Western Hotel.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 12:33:01 AM »
One of my favourite cafes in M Buriram. Terrfic menu, mostly translated into English. Respectable prices and tasty food. Good selection of Thai & Western dishes and Leo's are cold. Have yet to try a dish that I did not enjoy.

Airconditioned section very appreciated on hot days, or very pleasant outdoors area for cooler days. Quiet location without scooters zooming past.

Tried their pancakes, maple syrup, banana, 3 scoops of the creamiest vanilla ice cream on my last visit. Delicious !!

Yes ... the service can be a bit hit and miss, but doesn't bother me at all. Just need to be a little patient and enjoy the conversation & company of who you are with. We generally go as 3 couples, so it's always a fun & happy night with our best friends.

Always amazes me how many different people the girls' know. Almost before we sit down, the girls are off chatting and giggling with some long lost school friend or work mate also dining in the cafe.

Anyway ... great restaurant, and like Arnie says "I'll be back ..." 

For those unsure of the location, it's directly behind the new Best Western Hotel.
Great review. Good food in very reasonable prices, that what makes book and bed to be what they are for so many years (Over 9 years in business).
The location is behind "Buriram Expats" office in Soi Hanchana, Jira, Nai muang Buriram 31000
sawadi

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:22 PM »
We hadn't been to Book n Bed for 6 or 7 months so decided to pay a visit Friday lunchtime. Despite being very busy both the service and food were very good and we had a very pleasant meal. Plenty of serving staff working and were very friendly and attentive. They have now enclosed the majority of what was previously the outside terrace, leaving just one external table. That seems to suit most but is a shame from my point of view as I like to sit outside.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick