8 (61.5%)
I don't like it.
0 (0%)
The color doesn't matter at all.
3 (23.1%)
Other/ Post it in the forum!
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Forum-Website Ideas/Suggestions.  (Read 50088 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Forum-Website Ideas/Suggestions.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »
JanAndersLarsson, Thank you for the advice, I will check it out, even though I think it was just slow connection making the background to be black just before its finish to download all the design of the website (Which is constructed in 3 levels).

Let me know if you are experiencing any more difficulties with the site and I hope you will enjoy your book soon. 
UPDATE US with the delivery time of the book when you get it.. wave1

boloa

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Dear Mr Admin
I suffer from a mild form of Dyslexia ( word blindness ) .Even though I read all of my post's 2 or 3 times and use a spell-checker I still make stupid spelling/grammar mistakes.The one fault I have with this site is the limited amount of time you have to modify your post's.Nothing bugs me more than seeing a stupid spelling/grammar mistake that I have posted  and to discover you only have about a 4 minute's to correct your error.Please is there an chance of extending the time limit to say 30 minutes .Why is it that BE is the only forum I use were the poster is refused an option of correcting his or her post ???
Thanks
OBLAO  :laugh:

DOH !!!!!!!!

BOLOA  thumbup
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:43:50 PM by boloa »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »
Dear Mr Admin
I suffer from a mild form of Dyslexia ( word blindness ) .Even though I read all of my post's 2 or 3 times and use a spell-checker I still make stupid spelling/grammar mistakes.The one fault I have with this site is the limited amount of time you have to modify your post's.Nothing bugs me more than seeing a stupid spelling/grammar mistake that I have posted  and to discover you only have about a 4 minute's to correct your error.Please is there an chance of extending the time limit to say 30 minutes .Why is it that BE is the only forum I use were the poster is refused an option of correcting his or her post ???
Thanks
OBLAO  :laugh:

DOH !!!!!!!!

BOLOA  thumbup
I think this subject has been discussed in the past and I explained the reasons of this feature settings.

Time extended to 15 minutes and of course(!) can't edit your message if someone replied to your message even if before the 15 minuted time expiry for the obvious reasons.

*Spell Check option is not always accurate so please review your message more carefully before posting, however I don't think it is something that should bother you so much considering the fact we have many forum members from various nationalities which are not Native English speakers.

sawadi
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:54:47 PM by Admin »

boloa

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »

I think this subject has been discussed in the past and I explained the reasons of this feature settings.

Time extended to 15 minutes and of course(!) can't edit your message if someone replied to your message even if before the 15 minuted time expiry for the obvious reasons.

I understand but isn't that why  we have the quote option ,so people can't change their post to win a debate or not look stupid !!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »

I understand but isn't that why  we have the quote option ,so people can't change their post to win a debate or not look stupid !!!
Not all people use quote option and this decision has been made after mistake & correct experience long time ago and this method is being used in most forums all over the world.
sawadi

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »

All the changes in the World won't help you there boloa !  punk

boloa

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »

All the changes in the World won't help you there boloa !  punk

I only change my post's for spelling/grammar mistakes Rays , as my opinions and views are never wrong   :P ::) :laugh:

Dave the Dude

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
Admin
I notice that the latest banned members posts are still coming up with his name against them, unlike the previous post here above. is that intentional or an error?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
Admin
I notice that the latest banned members posts are still coming up with his name against them, unlike the previous post here above. is that intentional or an error?
Not an error.

'Boloa' dismissed himself.
'Phi Nu' was banned.

sawadi

Dave the Dude

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 09:20:28 AM »
My mistake, sorry.
is it not a good idea to do the same with banned members, I think most people would agree to this? They deserve to be 'written off'

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »
Almog,

Speed is what matters.  You have really improved it.  Frustrating waiting for Adds to load. 

Every Add needs a map option for visitors (like me).  I can find major towns (e.g. Buriram, Surin, Korat (once I learned it meant "Nakhon Ratchasima").  Was just looking at Nookies Thread, there is not a map, needs to be one.

Remember, a new Expat is lost with what you take for granted as knowing where.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
Almog,

Speed is what matters.  You have really improved it.  Frustrating waiting for Adds to load. 

Every Add needs a map option for visitors (like me).  I can find major towns (e.g. Buriram, Surin, Korat (once I learned it meant "Nakhon Ratchasima").  Was just looking at Nookies Thread, there is not a map, needs to be one.

Remember, a new Expat is lost with what you take for granted as knowing where.

Thank you for the advice.
I will add map to each Ad today.
sawadi

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »
After reading the recent post about Buriram Cinema in the Restaurant&bars section, it might be a good idea to merge these 2 forum sections. Just a suggestion????

Farang Life style - fun, entertainment and Expat life
Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Buriram.

BARS AND RESTURANTS IN BURIRAM AND THE SURROUNDING AREA
Farang Life style - fun, entertainment and Expat life Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Buriram.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
After reading the recent post about Buriram Cinema in the Restaurant&bars section, it might be a good idea to merge these 2 forum sections. Just a suggestion????

Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Buriram.

Farang Life style - fun, entertainment and Expat life Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Buriram.

No reply to last suggested improvement so here goes with another one.....

Admin
Many other forums have an 'ignore' function so you don't have to see posts/threads from a person that you have no interest in. Could this be an option used in BE and if so, I keep getting unwanted PM's from one member which I no longer wish to receive. Is there a way of stopping them, other than obviously not using this forum anymore?   

Offline buckwhelk

• Contributor with future
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »

No reply to last suggested improvement so here goes with another one.....

Admin
Many other forums have an 'ignore' function so you don't have to see posts/threads from a person that you have no interest in. Could this be an option used in BE and if so, I keep getting unwanted PM's from one member which I no longer wish to receive. Is there a way of stopping them, other than obviously not using this forum anymore?
You could add the member to your Ignore List which is contained in the Buddies / Ignore List section of your profile. This should stop any further emails / PMs from that member.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:33:30 PM by buckwhelk »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM