8 (61.5%)
I don't like it.
0 (0%)
The color doesn't matter at all.
3 (23.1%)
Other/ Post it in the forum!
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Forum-Website Ideas/Suggestions.  (Read 49847 times)

den Buut

Re: Forum-Website Ideas/Suggestions.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 02:34:48 AM »
Looks good, fresh and up to date, well done. bravo1

Offline wildoates

• Contributor with future
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 04:29:33 AM »
the new format looks and feels great.....keep up the good work...

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »
Can you please explain in idiot terms how i go about attaching a photo to the advert that i placed as i have tried but i must be stupid or maybe you cannot add a photo to a old post!!!!!!!!!! iconurgent

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »
Can you please explain in idiot terms how i go about attaching a photo to the advert that i placed as i have tried but i must be stupid or maybe you cannot add a photo to a old post!!!!!!!!!! iconurgent

If its an OLD post, of course you can't edit it now.
What you should do is simple: Reply your own ad & add the photo/s you want to place there.

See this thread also, explain how to add photo to the body of text (IE: full size):
http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,106.0.html

If you have more questions or want me to add it on behalf of you, I'll be happy to do so.
Our email: info@buriramexpats.com
sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »
Any more ideas / suggestments for things you would like to see in the website or the forum?character4

Please advise, your opinion is important for me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

sawadi

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »
Any chance of you introducing a low resolution, as in html, option as some of us who actualy live here and still have no land line and are using GPRS/EDGE via DTAC to get on-line.  Therefore the icons, emotions etc destroy our limited bandwidth and the pages are super slow to load?

So what do you think?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 09:43:52 PM »
Any chance of you introducing a low resolution, as in html, option as some of us who actually live here and still have no land line and are using GPRS/EDGE via DTAC to get on-line.  Therefore the icons, emotions etc destroy our limited bandwidth and the pages are super slow to load?

So what do you think?

It's possible, All I will have to do is 'Hide' the smiley and set them to open in 'new window' for who want to add the smiley.

Is it really that slow? its tiny icons/small files, all together maybe 1MB.
OK, lets hear more and than I will do what you think best for you.

sawadi

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:26 PM »
Will try your suggestion, but yes it is super slow for us guy’s using edge: As I type this Upload average 13.2 Kbs… Download 11.4Kbs.  Sometime it is as slow as average 580bps.

Dave the Dude

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 05:30:21 PM »
Admin

Have you considered allowing the shoutbox to be only available AFTER log in. I fear that it could be open to abuse from unknown/un registered people saying all sorts of
bad things? I can also see no great business advantage in allowing strangers access.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:01:54 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »
Admin

Have you considered allowing the shoutbox to be only available AFTER log in. I fear that it could be open to abuse from unknown/un registered people saying all sorts of
bad things? I can also see no great business advantage in allowing strangers access.

Dave

Chat Box & Forum: Stay the same.

Most Smileys are now hidden and open in pop up window.

Thank you for your notes. Give me more! wildman  sawadi

boloa

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
Admin

Dave

Chat Box & Forum: Stay the same.

Most Smileys are now hidden and open in pop up window.

Thank you for your notes. Give me more! wildman  sawadi

Maybe DtD would like a chat box  and forum where only he/owners  can have an opinion ....a bit like SF  smilenod

But to be honest the person who was on the chat box today would hardly use his real name so I can't see what difference it make. I can understand why DtD made this comment because if they were members on SF he could ban them ,something  he seems to enjoy doing. party8   

Keep up the good work Admin,BE is looking OK to me thumbup
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:33:26 PM by ADMIN »

EastFife4Forfar5

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 11:11:33 PM »
Admin

Dave

I agree with this.

Not because of the puerile shit that gets posted by a brain-dead few, but because it wastes space in the shout box. Occasionally, there is some useful information (like the price of brussel sprouts at Staffords) and that gets over-taken by this bile.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 11:54:22 PM »
Admin

Dave

I agree with this.

Not because of the puerile shit that gets posted by a brain-dead few, but because it wastes space in the shout box. Occasionally, there is some useful information (like the price of brussel sprouts at Staffords) and that gets over-taken by this bile.

The Chat is for dynamic/changing every now and then info/conversations.
*We have already discussed about it in the past.

More important information should be posted in the forum.

That's also the reason the Chat have less control and more freedom of speech, something that is more taken care of when posting in the FORUM itself.

sawadi
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:07:40 AM by ADMIN »

boloa

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »
Admin , to save me spending loads of time trying to find the post's and as I am a newish member can you explain to me why you think its OK ( although I have no problem with it )for anybody to come on the shout box  and say what they like about anybody under the invisibility of a few numbers .It seems to be upsetting a few of your members but you seem reluctant to make the shout box for members only ,can you explain why again,just for little Ol' me please....:-)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:42 AM »
Admin , to save me spending loads of time trying to find the post's and as I am a newish member can you explain to me why you think its OK ( although I have no problem with it )for anybody to come on the shout box  and say what they like about anybody under the invisibility of a few numbers .It seems to be upsetting a few of your members but you seem reluctant to make the shout box for members only ,can you explain why again,just for little Ol' me please....:-)

OK, I will explain,

Many times its members that can't for some technical reason to logging/forgot their password or just people passing by and want to ask small question about 'where to find __' in the forum/website. while they aren't members yet..

Anyhow, I wouldn't like the shout box to be a boxing ring.. hahaha
I hope all will keep on minimum level of conversation & manners and will use this option wisely! :)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick