{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 2010 formula 1 Grand Prix season  (Read 51628 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: 2010 formula 1 Grand Prix season
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
TBWG in Australia, Melbourne.   bananadance

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:10:52 PM by ADMIN »

Lourens

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
For all of those who have been suffering sleepless nights since 21 March:

http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/drv-birpri.html

DRIVERS: PRINCE BIRA
Name: Prince Bira
Nationality: Siam
Date of birth: July 15, 1914 - Bangkok
Date of death: December 23, 1985 - London

Prince Birabongse Bhanutej Bhanubandh was a member of Siam's royal family and was a grandson of King Mongkut, who opened the country to Western influence in the late 19th century and was made famous by the musical comedy, "The King and I". As a result the Siamese royal family became closely linked with Britain and in 1927 - at the age of 13 - Prince Bira was sent from Siam to attend the most famous of all British public schools - Eton College. While he was there there was a revolution in Siam and after considerable disruption including several coups d'etat and other conspiracies King Prajadhipok - the Prince's uncle - was forced to abdicate. Prince Bira decided to stay in England and went on to study at Cambridge University. Another Siamese Prince - Bira's cousin, Prince Chula Chakrabongse, ran a racing team called White Mouse Racing and the 21-year-old Bira thought he might try his hand at motor racing.

In 1936 Chula's White Mouse team purchased an ERA for Bira to drive and he quickly became one of the leading exponents of this voiturette class of international racing, winning the Coup de Prince Rainier at Monte Carlo. He proved consistently successful up to the war. At the same time he met and married an Englishwoman. When war broke out Thailand (as Siam had become in 1939) was occupied by the Japanese army and so Bira decided to stay in Britain, living quietly in a cottage in Cornwall. When the war was over the 31-year-old Prince decided to reestablish White Mouse Racing. There was little motor racing in England in the immediate postwar years and he eventually closed the team and went to race in Europe driving a Maserati for Enrique Plate's private team. He briefly joined the HWM team, then Gordini and OSCA, but by 1953 he was driving his own 2-liter Maserati AC which he painted in the distinctive blue and yellow livery which were Thailand's international racing colors.

Bira later became one of the first private entrants to order one of the new Maserati 250Fs but while his new car was being completed he raced his 1954 machine with a new 2.5-liter engine installed. He used this to win the Grand Prix des Frontieres on the Chimay road circuit in southern Belgium and then finished fourth in the French Grand Prix at Reims with the new 250F. Bira raced to the end of the 1954 season when he married for the second time and scored his final victory with the 250F in the non-championship New Zealand Grand Prix before retiring.

Thereafter he returned to live in Thailand although he maintained a European base in the form of a three-masted schooner berthed at Cannes, close to his other home, Villa les Faunes, at Mandelieu. A versatile and cultured man, Bira died on a London underground station after suffering a heart attack.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:14:53 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »

Hi Lourens

A bunch of bananas is in the post, keep your eyes peeled! hahaha party3 party3 party3 party3

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 03:10:57 AM »

Well Folks

Today I have been to Goodwood to the festival of speed! Thought you might like to see a picture! clap

TBWG sawadi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »
Nice.!  broccoli1

den Buut

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »
Now I understand the name " good wood". happy2

Offline F1ART

• Contributor with future
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
Me and 150 Formula 1 fans met face to face with leading figures from the sport at the FOTA Fans Forum, powered by Santander, in London this week.
The idea for the event, organised by Jamesallenonf1, came from the contents section on his website which has become a conduit for interactivity between the fans and the sport. The forum is an extension of that, putting the fans and the sport together in the same room to exchange ideas.

Led by Martin Whitmarsh, FOTA chairman and team principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and featuring Tony Fernandes, team principal of Lotus Racing, Jock Clear, Senior Race Engineer, Mercedes GP Petronas F1 team, Luca Colajanni, Head of Motorsport Press Office, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro and Paul di Resta test and reserve driver, Force India F1 team, the panel took part in a 90 minute discussion with fans.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 01:05:46 AM »

Hi Bums

It's the big event this weekend, No I don't mean a load of overpaid egomaniacs chasing a ball, I mean a load of overpaid egomaniacs going round in circles, fast! It's Silverstone GP drivinggear

Well if you look closely at the attached photo you can see sponsorship from Amazing Thailand so you now have something to root for! thailandflag

Remains to be seen if it ends in a riot and goes up in smoke!

TBWG sawadi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 10:09:55 PM »

Hi Bums

It's the big event this weekend, No I don't mean a load of overpaid egomaniacs chasing a ball, I mean a load of overpaid egomaniacs going round in circles, fast! It's Silverstone GP drivinggear

Well if you look closely at the attached photo you can see sponsorship from Amazing Thailand so you now have something to root for! thailandflag

TBWG sawadi

Well folks after  The 'Amazing Thailand' Red Bull team were fastest in 1st and 2nd practice today. So Thailand may have something to celebrate come Sunday afternoon.

I put it down to the Singha beer sponsorship which I also spied on the cars. Just imagine how fast they would be if the had Archa backing.  alcoholic

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »

Hi Bums

TBWG sawadi

Well folks after  The 'Amazing Thailand' Red Bull team were fastest in 1st and 2nd practice today. So Thailand may have something to celebrate come Sunday afternoon.

I put it down to the Singha beer sponsorship which I also spied on the cars. Just imagine how fast they would be if the had Archa backing.  alcoholic

TBWG sawadi

Well Bums............

Amazing Thailand does it again in 3rd Practice ~~~ will it be more of same in race? thailandflag

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

Perhaps we should ask Paul the Octopus!! character3

My long shot Kubica! confused4

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 08:19:46 PM »

Well F1 fans

Thailand ties up first row of grid!!! thailandflag

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing_popup.html

Lot's of Singha to be consumed tonight! party12

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »
Hi Bums

Webbo gets revenge ~~~ and wins Brit GP for Amazing Thailand! thailandflag

Mark Webber responded to the Red Bull front wing controversy in the best way imaginable by taking a commanding British Grand Prix victory ahead of Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg and Jenson Button.

Pole sitter Sebastian Vettel's chances of victory were ruined by a first-lap puncture, although he recovered to seventh, and there was further controversy over stewarding decisions after a contentious penalty for Fernando Alonso left the Ferrari outside the points.

Webber made a much better start than his team-mate and reached Copse first, despite Vettel's best efforts to squeeze him. Vettel then lurched off the road at Becketts with a right rear puncture, potentially the result of a slight touch from Hamilton's McLaren at the first corner.

Felipe Massa was also trundling back to the pits with flailing rubber - he had been side by side with his slow-starting Ferrari team-mate Alonso through the first corner and wheel banging at Becketts left the Brazilian with a puncture as well.

Webber therefore led from Hamilton, with this pair rapidly dropping quick-starter Robert Kubica (Renault) in third, who had Rosberg's Mercedes and Alonso all over the back of him.

Pitting slightly earlier than Kubica did not work for Alonso, whereas running a little longer did the trick for Rosberg. Eager not to lose more time, Alonso went down the outside of Kubica into Vale on lap 17, and completed the pass by nipping over the kerbs and cutting the first apex of Club.

He then sprinted away after Rosberg, while Kubica was assured that Alonso would be ordered to let him back through. That became a moot point three laps later though, when Kubica retired with a differential problem.

The stewards therefore ruled that Alonso should take a drive-through penalty, a decision announced just before the safety car came out so that debris could be cleared following contact between Adrian Sutil (Force India) and Pedro de la Rosa (Sauber) that left chunks of the latter's rear wing deposited on various straights. With Alonso having to take his penalty immediately after the restart, he tumbled straight to the midfield.

The safety car was a lifeline for Vettel, who had made little progress up to that point, but then started carving through the traffic with a string of spectacular passes, including one on Michael Schumacher. Sutil - who had also put a bold move on Schumacher after the restart - proved Vettel's toughest rival, and it took many laps of tough battling before the Red Bull driver finally muscled through to take seventh on the penultimate lap.

Far away from this excitement, Webber delivered a masterclass at the front of the field. Hamilton managed to tag along until the pitstops, but thereafter Webber was unstoppable, reeling off fastest laps whenever required and leading by 6s before easing off at the end.

Rosberg returned Mercedes to the podium with a strong run to third, despite losing a barge board when sweeping round the outside of the yet-to-stop Jaime Alguersuari's Toro Rosso mid-race. The German finished just ahead of Button, who surged through from 14th to fourth thanks to a great first lap and staying out much longer than most before his tyre change.

Rubens Barrichello gave Williams its second straight top five finish, with Kamui Kobayashi following him home for Sauber's best result of the year.

By the time Vettel was clear of Sutil that pack was too far ahead to reach, so he had to settle for seventh, followed by countrymen Sutil, Schumacher and Nico Hulkenberg.

Alonso's race got even worse when he sustained a puncture in a brush with Tonio Liuzzi's Force India, leaving him 14th, one place ahead of Massa, who needed a further set of new tyres after spinning on the exit of Luffield late on.

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

The British Grand Prix
Silverstone, Britain;
52 laps; 306.747km;
Weather: Sunny.

Classified:

Pos  Driver        Team                       Time
 1.  Webber        Red Bull-Renault           1h24:38.200
 2.  Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes           +     1.360
 3.  Rosberg       Mercedes                   +    21.307
 4.  Button        McLaren-Mercedes           +    21.986
 5.  Barrichello   Williams-Cosworth          +    31.456
 6.  Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari             +    32.171
 7.  Vettel        Red Bull-Renault           +    36.734
 8.  Sutil         Force India-Mercedes       +    40.932
 9.  Schumacher    Mercedes                   +    41.599
10.  Hulkenberg    Williams-Cosworth          +    42.012
11.  Liuzzi        Force India-Mercedes       +    42.459
12.  Buemi         Toro Rosso-Ferrari         +    47.627
13.  Petrov        Renault                    +    59.374
14.  Alonso        Ferrari                    +  1:02.385
15.  Massa         Ferrari                    +  1:07.489
16.  Trulli        Lotus-Cosworth             +     1 lap
17.  Kovalainen    Lotus-Cosworth             +     1 lap
18.  Glock         Virgin-Cosworth            +     1 lap
19.  Chandhok      HRT-Cosworth               +    2 laps
20.  Yamamoto      HRT-Cosworth               +    2 laps

Fastest lap: Alonso, 1:30.874

Not classified/retirements:

Driver        Team                         On lap
Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari           45
De la Rosa    Sauber-Ferrari               30
Kubica        Renault                      20
Di Grassi     Virgin-Cosworth              10

World Championship standings, round 10:               

Drivers:                    Constructors:             
 1.  Hamilton     145        1.  McLaren-Mercedes          278
 2.  Button       133        2.  Red Bull-Renault          249
 3.  Webber       128        3.  Ferrari                   165
 4.  Vettel       121        4.  Mercedes                  126
 5.  Alonso        98        5.  Renault                    89
 6.  Rosberg       90        6.  Force India-Mercedes       47
 7.  Kubica        83        7.  Williams-Cosworth          31
 8.  Massa         67        8.  Sauber-Ferrari             15
 9.  Schumacher    36        9.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         10
10.  Sutil         35       
11.  Barrichello   29       
12.  Kobayashi     15       
13.  Liuzzi        12       
14.  Buemi          7       
15.  Petrov         6       
16.  Alguersuari    3       
17.  Hulkenberg     2       

For myself the result of seeing the Ferrari's dice their way to the back of the grid was amusing! 14th & 15th!! hahaha

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »

Christmas comes early for Alonso in Germany!

TBWG

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
Alonso albeit by cheating IMHO......................I see Ferrari have been fined $100,000......

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 06:29:16 PM »
Alonso albeit by cheating IMHO......................I see Ferrari have been fined $100,000......
Hi Bums

I've got to get this off my chest ~~~~ Ferrari have pulled this stunt in the past and I am not surprised that they have done so again, but to have effected the change of lead in such an amateurish manner is laughable.

But to then go out and try to deny it in such a blatant manner is insulting mine and everyone else's intelligence and does them nor F1 no credit.

I am used to politicians lying through there teeth and arguing black is white and unfortunately expect no better from them, but I don't want to see in in my sport!

Well I feel better now .........think I will go and have a lie down!!

TBWG sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM