{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Satuk Dragon Boat races 1st & 2nd November.  (Read 13201 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Satuk Dragon Boat races 1st & 2nd November.
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »

HI

Well here is a post from the other forum that I have blatantly cut and paste to save time.... confused4

Hello Sponsors, Spectators and Athletes.

Get your wallets, voices, banners and bodies ready for this years traditional Thai dragon boat racing on Mun River. Last year the exhibition races by 2 farang teams got a great reception from both the organising committee and the many thousands of spectators. The farang races were also broadcasted on 5 national TV stations. And of course the teams, sponsors and fans had a great time as well and were well taken care of by the organising committee.
Reason enough to participate again this year, For those who wanted to be a team member last year but still had a little fear, there is good news!!!!!!!! and reason to join this year.
Last year we were using the crew of 7, traditional Thai boats. Width based on average Thai bums, About 10 cm freeboard based on average Thai peoples weight. No need to tell you what happens when 7 of us try to board that vessel. With 5 of us per boat we still had to squeeze our bums in and use most of our energy only to stay afloat.

Therefore I joined together with sponsor Meuanfun Resort and have since then worked hard to build a brand new boat XXL farang size. Sorry I can not add a picture yet. The boat is still under construction (coating and painting) but will be ready in time for testing and training. This is not a boat. This is a ship. Unsinkable, wide and stable holding a crew of up to 10 XXXL farang.

That is why I am looking for new additional farang team members to join the crew. If you are of normal good health, and have 2 arms to paddle, you will qualify. So don't hesitate and PM me to register. We will train from the 28th of October almost every day and will race on the 1st and 2nd of November. No need to be a local to join the team. Meuanfun Resort will keep accomodation available for team members and/or spectators from afar.
For more information please PM me with your question.

Don't miss it, you will regret it if you do.

Cheers
Arthur J

Well for anybody who still has a pulse this in an ideal opportunity to become a superstar legend in your own lunchtime!  For an idea of what to expect you can read of my exceptional exploits elsewhere in this section (perhaps admin could insert link)

If you would like to join in it is areal fun time whether spectating or participating in front of 5,000 Thais all assembled to watch the farangs utter humiliation!

If you would like more info PM me.

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: Satuk Dragon Boat races 1st & 2nd November.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »

Well you will find the details of my participation in the Boat Races in the Beijing Olympics 2008 thread character4 helpsos

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:23:29 PM »

No comments at all? confused3

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »
I will try to make it TBWG if I am sober. I am sorry I cannot partisipate

Dave

Lourens

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:02:02 PM »
Can you ask the organizing committee to put it off for just a few days?  :tongue2: I won't arrive back in Thailand before the third of November. Anytime after that. No, really - I would love to be there and will be in spirit(s).  party4

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:02 PM »
Can you ask the organizing committee to put it off for just a few days?  :tongue2: I won't arrive back in Thailand before the third of November. Anytime after that. No, really - I would love to be there and will be in spirit(s).  party4

Hi Lourens

Well the boat race committee approached the TV stations to see if the event could be put back to accommodate you. However scheduling put a stop to that!

What they did say is that the only way they would reschedule it would be to accommodate His Royal Highness the King and although you are high up in the pecking order it is just not quite high enough! Sorry!

However your gracious offer to buy a round of drinks for the winning team was passed unanimously by the committee! party1

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »

Hi

For any doubters see pic of HMS character4 unsinkable.

TBWG

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:55:19 PM »

Hi

TBWG

Well I think my request for additional participants must have caused the PM system to crash as so far no offers have succeeded in getting through the system.confused3

So what about it? instead of swilling beer and watching women all day get of your ***** and show off to the girlies :wub:, you never know you might just enjoy yourselves. Also the position of groupie quality control tester  love6 has now been filled so no more applications please, unless accompanied by a fat brown envelope!

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 12:26:03 PM »

Hi

TBWG

Well I think my request for additional participants must have caused the PM system to crash as so far no offers have succeeded in getting through the system.confused3

So what about it? instead of swilling beer and watching women all day get of your ***** and show off to the girlies :wub:, you never know you might just enjoy yourselves. Also the position of groupie quality control tester  love6 has now been filled so no more applications please, unless accompanied by a fat brown envelope!

TBWG sawadi

Guys,please slowly with the forum, flooding the forum with posts and PM messeges will not do any good to the system.
Sometimes you get too obsessive with this Buriram Expats Forum !!  biggrin1
Take a beer and RELAX... madbar

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:26:44 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »

Hi all

Well the boat has now been named  ::)   Thai Tanic party6   h'mm sound vaguely familiar just can't seem to put my finger on it! confused4

TBWG sawadi

Offline rogercmr

• just a gay man looking to moove to buriram
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »
sounds like fun ,shame i will be so far away  ::) As its unlikly there will be eny iceburgs what other disarsters might sink the Thai Tanic  >:D

dave the dude

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »
Just wondered if you all will be wearing fancy dress seeing as it is a DRAG-on boat race(LB's welcome?) love1  confused4

Good name BTW. Someone very clever must have thought of that one.  love5 jumping9
 cool1
Dave

Lourens

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »
Dear Tall Bloke,

Thank you for your relentless efforts to accommodate me in the Dragon Boat races. I understand the dilema with TV scheduling but as it is me who is paying to watch TV, I thought that they could have done better. However, I have gone through h3ll to change my schedule and will now be arriving in Buriram late on 01 November of this year to be able to join forces with the farang invation on Thai Tanic the following day as a reserve pending injuries, hang-overs, scurvy, mutiny and any such like.

However your gracious offer to buy a round of drinks for the winning team was passed unanimously by the committee! 

TBWG

I'll just pretend I never saw that

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »

Well I can now report that after our 2nd day of training we are in reasonable shape, but I am absolutely knackered. Somehow my training regime of spag boll plus Archa has not had the desired effect.

However our team of 2 brits, 2 germans and 1 Italian plus Arthur the Dutchman who built the THAI-TANIC plus 1 Thai to steer (otherwise we have a habit of running aground in amongst the trees) will put on a good show to represent the farang community and Mueanfun Resort our sponsor and will take all the abuse and humiliation dished out by the 20,000 plus Thai crowd with good humour. character4

Anyone who wishes to buy us a few rounds of drinks should just leave a 1000 Baht note behind the bar at Moon River restaurant. blinkbar  party1

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

Dave

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM