{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Best GPS NAVIGATOR !  (Read 15415 times)

Re: Best GPS NAVIGATOR !
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:38 PM »
Official mapping systems have come down a long way 5 1/2 years ago ESRI Thailand Official mapping was 1150thb..now you can find many outlets for 500thb  with free update within one year..or download for free....
Mind you Official ESRI did say that BKK would have traffic jam system operating 9 months later (but they still do not have it ) mind you it is a friend of Takki who has the licence for Thailand so what should we expect !

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »
3100034, we still didn't get the gps brand name + model that you're trying to sell.

Few impressions.
Test drive I did today with a Gps Navigator of friend of mine:
Trip: Buriram - Bangkok - Buriram
Model: GARMIN NUVI 200 / 3.5" screen.

The machine itself and the menu is very user friendly but need to play with it a little before you can start your trip.

Screen size:

Screen size of 3.5" is enough to see the route while you driving,
however,it would be nicer to have a bigger screen for another reason; The touch buttons.
I found myself several times trying to push the button of the [+ -] but the machine actually thought I want to click on the map.. I don't have so big fingers so I think a better screen will solve this problem, or.. need to get used to the machine and know where exactly to press..  confused3

Navigation:

Now, I might got the idea in the wrong way but I thought the machine should tell me where to go BEFORE I actually do the turn (right/left or what soever), I find the Gps have few delays and my solution was to look at the screen from time to time to see if I'm in the right lane/route, that's not a good idea when navigating while driving.
Of course I know the road and the route but I've tested it in Bangkok.

The machine brought me into a one way street/soi !   confused4

It happaned like this:
I make destination: buriram.
than I started the trip (GO).
But than I surprised/confused the machine because I saw some shop I want to stop there so I made small U-Turn to stop in this shop. That broke the route plan which the machine reacted in... OF COURSE ! RECALCULATING !!!  sissies hehehe..

OK, recalculating, I thought to myself I just want to make U-turn again back to the original plan..
Wrong ! the machine changed the route and I've followed it just for the try.. back into some small soi with Chinese neighbourhood not far from my location but obviously the ZIGZAG way you'll never choose by yourself if they let you choose.. :)
ONE WAY SOI, Opposite the traffic direction !  confused5

brick1
Back in Buriram, the machine got me crazy with its notes, "keep on right,stay right" every few km's before every exit it will repeat it. I really wanted to close it already, Isn't it enough to just say: keep straight ?!

Overall, I think Gps navigation is a great thing and my confusion might be because I'm not familiar with this thing. 
you still have to look on the signs and confirm what the gps think is the right way.

sawadi
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:55:57 PM by ADMIN »

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »

If you have never been to Thailand and the unit is set up by a long term GPS user and they put in Poi's for you in Favorites you could tour the whole of Thailand without help alone! without the loved one or having the loved one getting angry map reading! . i have traveled over 50,000 kilometersalone except for GPS  and no map it works !
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:46:35 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »
Ok, anyway I'm not familiar with this system so maybe I didn't set it properly.

what do you think about the iFOX ? it looks good and they have also 3D interface which looks really cool compare to the Garmin Gps.
Price also ok.

iFOX website: http://www.ifoxonline.com/

What do you think ?  cool1

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »
When i went to motor show in BKK earlier this year
They had some new models some have video recorder built in so if you have an accident in the front you have video of it endless loop idea!
Some have FM transmiter in them so you can ture radio to applify annoucement! and goes back to SD card music when no annoucements.
I did see in Rayong at the big Mall 3 years ago notebook with GPS built in
By the way my Garmin speaks in 20 languges and 25 written ones.bluetooth and fm reciver for trafice info which is done by local radio....( but if the radio station i bought 20% of had listen to me it would still be in bussines !!)all the toys and all the listener's..maybe why they are more expensive.

But when GPS speek thai it does not say urhhhhh. orrrrrrr ahhhhhh,   or even Ka, and Krrup...so in thai they are very rude!
Funny the News on TV 1st rate Thai.  its a shame its spoken to fast to keep up with it all !

But the way things should go is that they should become less expensive (like the mobiles)
Sorry i posted that i thought Casio did not make one ...wrong they do!  and i think they also make the smallest Gps

www.isystem.co.th

4th floor MBK (B6) 9,600thb to 27,000thb  software 4,500 thb ESRI thailand have not looked to see have web site is offical Garmin been there 4 years ago 11,500 thb  and its no better than others.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 05:09:56 AM »
Hi can you put the URL here ??!

here's a URL
for a good info and maps
http://www.gpss.tripoduk.com/index.htm
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:56:59 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 11:55:17 AM »
Just got my first GPS NAVIGATOR.
Garmin Nuvi 265WT.

Full options, 4.3" big screen, Bluetooth, Handsfree, picture view, etc..
Very useful.
I started to use it today for a test and its great. I would recommend to buy only the widescreen as its worth the extra money.

*Available with our Car Rental Service as well.

redman

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:00:30 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
Just a short report.

It is very good but last time I've been in Bangkok it started to recalculating for no reason, it was raining,traffic jam and under bridges in the city.
After awhile that I just took the turn he said in the first place without his "recalculating" new result, he got straighten up and took me home!!  redman

Offline wildoates

• Contributor with future
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 05:38:36 AM »
There is a guy in Pattaya, that sells Garmin, english man name Paul, All new with warrenty. he also updates garmins and also sells the set up for laptop to be used as GPS.  His number is 0871400839.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »
Does this message comes up in your machine? (See picture below).

"lost satellite reception".

It doesn't happen often but when it does happen I
just keep look at the signs to see I'm in the right direction more often, last time this message came up twice and stayed for about 10-20 minutes each time.. maybe because of the heavy rain?

Overall I think having Sat Nav is increasing safety and decrease accidents as well, because the driver is concentrating on driving only and get less tired than if he need to look at signs all the time, saving gas also, less mistakes on the road, well, nothing new, I just thought to say it here.  party13

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »
Does this message comes up in your machine? (See picture below).

"lost satellite reception".

It doesn't happen often but when it does happen I
just keep look at the signs to see I'm in the right direction more often, last time this message came up twice and stayed for about 10-20 minutes each time.. maybe because of the heavy rain?

Overall I think having Sat Nav is increasing safety and decrease accidents as well, because the driver is concentrating on driving only and get less tired than if he need to look at signs all the time, saving gas also, less mistakes on the road, well, nothing new, I just thought to say it here.  party13

when its raining or just suddenly it does happen but as you said, not often and worth having.
I'm lost without my garmin. confused4

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM