{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Beer Chang in new campaign, makeover  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Beer Chang in new campaign, makeover
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
Beer Chang in new campaign, makeover 
Bangkok Post: 12 Nov 2009
Beer Chang gets B100m push

Thai Beverage Plc (ThaiBev), the brewer of Chang beer, is investing 100 million baht in another marketing campaign aimed at helping it regain leadership in the beer market over the next two years.

Charlie Jitcharoongthorn, deputy managing director of Thai Beverage Marketing Co, a subsidiary of ThaiBev, said the Khon Thai Hua Jai Deaw Gun (Thais have the same heart) campaign was part of the corporate rebranding announced in September.

"The local beer market is very competitive. We expect this campaign will help us boost the image of Beer Chang," he said.

The campaign has been designed to tell consumers that Chang has a revolutionary new look and positioning. The company expects to convey this message to 80% of its target customers within a month after the launch yesterday.

ThaiBev is using a comprehensive range of media from free TV, cable TV, billboards, radio, magazines, newspapers and cinema to online media to cover Bangkok and the provinces.

"We are seriously promoting our new look. We believe we will gain a 50% market share or more in the beer market over the next two years, up from 40% currently," said Mr Charlie.

Sorrakrit Lathiham, senior brand manager for the beer group of Thai Beverage Marketing, said that apart from the use of all-inclusive media, the campaign would be supported by companies involved in major sports such as golf and football, as well as musical events.

It has collaborated with Grammy Group to stage more than 1,000 concerts nationwide. The company strongly believes that music marketing is key to communicating with consumers because most people listen to music. "For sport campaigns, we will provide sponsorships for major football matches in both local and overseas, golf and catamaran events," said Mr Sorrakrit.

In addition, Mr Charlie said the company had already invested 40 million baht in its main beer garden at CentralWorld under the concept of "Chang Refreshing the Night".

"We don't expect much revenue from the beer garden. We just want it to help build our image. This will keep Beer Chang as the leading brand in the hearts of Thai drinkers in the years to come," he added.

Beer Chang has 30 beer gardens in Bangkok. The company expects sales from beer gardens to increase from last year now that the economy has started to recover.

Singapore-listed ThaiBev yesterday reported a third-quarter net profit of 1.88 billion baht, down 15.7% from a restated 2.23 billion in the same period last year, on revenue of 21.6 billion baht.

www.bangkokpost.com/business/economics/27287/beer-chang-gets-b100m-push

Writer: Chadamas Chinmaneevong

isanbirder

Re: Beer Chang in new campaign, makeover
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »
Chang, under whatever branding, is not liked in our village;  they're all for Leo.  But in Chiangmai, all the Rajamangala students drank Chang.  I think the taste is too strong for many Thai/Khmers (though if they can drink lao kao I don't see how anything can be too strong).  I usually drink Chang, had a Leo yesterday, and found it insipid.

Offline tonypace01

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
I could have my own Chang promotion campaign. About four hours ago, I went on line while drinking my first beer of the day. There sits now on the right side of my desk a green and gold aluminum (aluminium to our UK cousins) pyramid. And it will grow as the day goes on. However, I do this only once a fortnight, hey. I don't want to convey that I am the quintessential lush. I AM! I just don't want to convey that impression.
Fortunately, my housekeeper and the dog hate beer so I do not have to share it, although I find it prudent to hide the Scotch from the housekeeper and the Merlot from the dog.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:32:47 AM »
My missus sells 60% Leo ,30% Chang,10% Isaan Beer........Lets have some Beer Lao Dark,it knocks spots off them....

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Re: Dentist by Thai Bart