{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 90 Day Reporting, at the immigration office  (Read 108699 times)

Offline SOM LUCK

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: 90 Day Reporting, at the immigration office
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks for that, where is Kap Cheong

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
When you say you are on the 226 I assume you mean on the way to Lamplaimat?????  If so then you must travel along the 226 in the opposite direction to Korat, and head towards Surin. As you approach Surin you will see a sign to Prasat and a set of traffic lights. Turn right there. When you reach the end of that road, about 15kms, turn right again. Then follow the road. You will pass through Prasat. Continue along, through another set of traffic lights. About 30kms down that road is Kap Cheong.

A slightly longer drive for you but much much less traffic. Plus there is more road that is 4 lanes.

Offline SOM LUCK

« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2013, 06:23:40 PM »
Thanks again, we will give it a try tomorrow morning.  In Kap Cheong is the immigration office on the main road.

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »
Other side of the road to BANGKOK BANK maybe 25 yards before hand up a road about 50 yards it is sign posted.
BANGKOK BANK ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE AS YOU GO IN.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:45:40 PM by binnsy »

Offline SOM LUCK

« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2013, 02:40:32 PM »
I found it, in and out in no time, next trip we'll go to the market.
Thanks all

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »
Thanks all

Yeah, that's a heap of fun the first time :blink:

Becomes a bit repetitive after awhile.

I now plan any trip to Kap Choeng immigration around days I know my wife will be unable to accompany me thumbup

Offline finnomick

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »
Thanks all

I now plan any trip to Kap Choeng immigration around days I know my wife will be unable to accompany me thumbup

I thought the misses works 7 days a week -- how many days in your week ?

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »
Thanks all

I thought the misses works 7 days a week -- how many days in your week ?

Just the 7 Mick  :biggrin:

Wife no longer runs the laundry but is still "busy" 7 days a week.

Offline tonypace01

• Contributor with future
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »
Anybody driving to immigration from Buriram to make a 90 day run  on or before 13/03? I will be happy to share expenses for a ride. I live near the Rama 1 statue just south of Buriram Agriculture College.
Tony

Offline tommynew

• Contributor with future
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
We went to KC today arrived 8.19am straight into office and out again by 8.22am. No fingerprinting yet

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »
Thai Immigration Bureau to blacklist all overstayers of more than 90 days

BANGKOK: -- [thaivisa.com] Over the past two weeks, social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook have been flooded with information on an apparent crackdown by Immigration on foreigners that overstay their visa in Thailand.

Today, Thaivisa.com has been given access to a new Police order proposal that is due to be signed and released imminently, detailing tough new measures for foreigners who overstay in Thailand.

The new measures, which will see overstayers of more than 90 days blacklisted, are as follows:

In the case that alien surrenders themselves:

Overstay more than 90 days > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for 1 year.

Overstay more than 1 year > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for 3 years.

Overstay more than 3 years > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for 5 years.

Overstay more than 5 years > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for 10 years.

Overstay more than 10 years > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for life.

In the case that the alien is being apprehended:

Overstay for less than 1 year > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for 5 years.

Overstay for more than 1 year > Forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for 10 years

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
A very good move! Each case might be different but if a foreigner cannot stay with a proper visa in Thailand and cannot realize by himself he shouldn't be in Thailand, maybe Thailand need to decide for him.

Apart of it, another subject I disagree is the (In my opinion) unfair requirments and status of married couple and people whom have children in Thailand but still yet must show money in Thai bank account (400-700K Baht) for so many years before getting the chance to apply citizenship.
sawadi

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:02 AM »
Nice well thought out comment, Admin. So if I am one day overstay at the airport (overstay less than one year) then I get banned for 5 years?
I notice that no appeals procedure seems to be in place, so if the Immigration oficer doesn't like your face, that's it.
I was recently on overstay, I misread the renewal stamp, at KapChoeng they took some time to decide that I was in fact on overstay, it was a smudged mess, almost unreadable. The border guard at Chom Chung rang them up and told them what he thought of them. My fault of course, but absolutely no ill will intended, I had to go to Vientiane, expensive business plus a new mariage extension..
Of course there are many people around that decide that they will go on overstay, they just don't have /no longer have the required income / bank balance to qualify. (They haven't increased them YET). A friend in Buriram had all his money stolen from him, just after he had built a new house and established a family. He certainly doesn't want to go back to poverty in Germany, and I don't think that he is an evil parasite. Another German guy in Buriram had his 800 000 taken from him by his wife who hasn't told him about the 400 000 requirements for married people, obviously, and is now living from day to day without an extension. He is 83 and doesn't want to go back either. These are problems that have been created by Thailand, not the people that come here and are actually contributing something to society here.
I think that the junta, laudable as its efforts are to correct things, are showing signs of Farangophobia and that this will in time affect all of us, including the holier than thou guys that were celebrating the end of visa runs recently.
(No sleep blues)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »
5 year banned by being 1 day overstay is if your apprehended by the authorities. If you turn yourself in, up to 90 days overstay, your home free.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2014, 07:27:53 AM »
Nice well thought out comment, Admin. So if I am one day overstay at the airport (overstay less than one year) then I get banned for 5 years?
I notice that no appeals procedure seems to be in place, so if the Immigration oficer doesn't like your face, that's it.
I was recently on overstay, I misread the renewal stamp, at KapChoeng they took some time to decide that I was in fact on overstay, it was a smudged mess, almost unreadable. The border guard at Chom Chung rang them up and told them what he thought of them. My fault of course, but absolutely no ill will intended, I had to go to Vientiane, expensive business plus a new mariage extension..
Of course there are many people around that decide that they will go on overstay, they just don't have /no longer have the required income / bank balance to qualify. (They haven't increased them YET). A friend in Buriram had all his money stolen from him, just after he had built a new house and established a family. He certainly doesn't want to go back to poverty in Germany, and I don't think that he is an evil parasite. Another German guy in Buriram had his 800 000 taken from him by his wife who hasn't told him about the 400 000 requirements for married people, obviously, and is now living from day to day without an extension. He is 83 and doesn't want to go back either. These are problems that have been created by Thailand, not the people that come here and are actually contributing something to society here.
I think that the junta, laudable as its efforts are to correct things, are showing signs of Farangophobia and that this will in time affect all of us, including the holier than thou guys that were celebrating the end of visa runs recently.
(No sleep blues)

I am sorry but I really don't understand this comment.

The fact that people go on overstay because they don't understand, or choose to ignore, the rules is Thailand's fault?

I would have thought that those visiting Thailand or coming for a long stay would find out about visa rules before coming.

It is quite easy to get visas local to Thailand.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick