{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Viruses, Trojans, Warms and Antivirus advices.  (Read 31141 times)

accuby

Viruses, Trojans, Warms and Antivirus advices.
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
Hello

I am a stupid when it comes to computers.  I downloaded a mcafee antivirus...software, that was from the school I will go to. And after that and a checking for trojans, I could no longer use firefox or QQ messenger.  I manually deleted them and downloaded them again, rebooted my PC thousands times, but nothing is working.  I keep getting a message that something needs to be done with my fire wall and HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP ports.

Any advice any of you?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Viruses, Trojans, Warms and Antivirus advices.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »
The software telling you to change your firewall setting, go to the antivirus setting and check the setting,check which softwares are "marked" to be blocked.

Probably the softwares you can't use right now.

It's hard to explain without seeing the messeges you get and the software settings.

Hope I helped some..  Good luck happy2
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:36:34 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Fish

• Contributor with future
    • Brunel Park
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:59:58 PM »
If you can't sort it out go to ' help and support' and do a 'system restore' pick a date before you originally installed Mc caffe this will put your computer back to how it was.
you could then install AVG free antivirous and use the windows firewall. This is suitable for most peoples needs.

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

Lourens

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
All good advice but...

to the respondents - untivirus? antivirous? Really....  confused4

Sorry - I couldn't help myself. I make mistakes too. Nobody's perfect.

And this being under the "Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership" topic, I thought it had something to do with a fireproof wall with nuts (wallnuts??) around a house or somfink. What a day!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:09:33 PM by Lourens »

Lourens

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:39:36 PM »
Good - now at least it's in the right place. Thanks admin.

Offline Fish

• Brunel Park
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:36:57 PM »
Over the last few days I have had a big problem with wuaclt.exe and one of the svc host. exe processes using loads of memory. taskmgr has shown up to 160,0000K of mem use for wuaclt.exe and up to 60,0000k+ for one of the svc host.Exe processes, result Pc running at a snails pace
Did all the usual virus checks,nothing there.

After some research on the web it seems to be connected with Windows auto up dates. Turned off windows auto updates but problem came back after a while.

Went to sevices.msc and changed auto updates to manual start up but problem came back so I then disabled the auto updates start up in services.msc.
That sorted it as a temporary measure.

If any  computer wizzes have any ideas on how to solve the problem so that I can get updates again that would be great  helpsos

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:06:12 AM »
Over the last few days I have had a big problem with wuaclt.exe and one of the svc host. exe processes using loads of memory. taskmgr has shown up to 160,0000K of mem use for wuaclt.exe and up to 60,0000k+ for one of the svc host.Exe processes, result Pc running at a snails pace
Did all the usual virus checks,nothing there.

After some research on the web it seems to be connected with Windows auto up dates. Turned off windows auto updates but problem came back after a while.

Went to sevices.msc and changed auto updates to manual start up but problem came back so I then disabled the auto updates start up in services.msc.
That sorted it as a temporary measure.

If any  computer wizzes have any ideas on how to solve the problem so that I can get updates again that would be great  helpsos

I'm not sure its about the updates.
Maybe the updates or one of them came corrupt and messed your windows, also another better possibility is that its simply a virus not related to windows updates but the action of opening the gate to microsoft updates activate the virus/Trojan as well.
What kind of anti virus do you have?

Offline Fish

• Brunel Park
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:29:12 AM »
NOD I have also scanned with malwarbytes then unistalled nod to install Comodo antivirus and do a scan with that.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
NOD I have also scanned with malwarbytes then unistalled nod to install Comodo antivirus and do a scan with that.

What windows do you have?
Need to look closer on these things, many times its not worth the effort of removing the malware/trojan and the fast solution is to make backup(!) for all your documents and photos, install new fresh windows with good LEGAL with updates untivirus.
I recommend on NOD32  confused5 & Kasperski  cool1

but really need to see it, maybe go to the nod32 website for an online check of the system.
I tell you, some viruses and trojans are stubborn and the hackers are getting better every minute finding holes in microsoft so called "safe" system. giggle  stop1

I can recommend you also on a computer shop he dealing with these things, but he probably go for the backup&fresh windows fast solution.

Offline Fish

• Brunel Park
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:21:47 AM »
Windows XP
 I only took out Nod 32 so I could install comodo (they do a free version similar to avg's ) and do a scan with comodo. Have tried a Kasparski trial some time ago but it slowed the system down to much, the same as Norton. Malwarebytes usually gets the nasties that other programs don't get.
I'll put the nod back in tomorrow and try the on line check.

If it comes to the worst I will have to a Dell PC restore but it's a pain putting all  the programs  back on that  the PC did not come with.  bigcry

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 01:38:58 AM »
Windows XP
 I only took out Nod 32 so I could install comodo (they do a free version similar to avg's ) and do a scan with comodo. Have tried a Kasparski trial some time ago but it slowed the system down to much, the same as Norton. Malwarebytes usually gets the nasties that other programs don't get.
I'll put the nod back in tomorrow and try the on line check.

If it comes to the worst I will have to a Dell PC restore but it's a pain putting all  the programs back on that  the PC did not come with.  bigcry

Kasperski slowed down your PC? weird.. I know Norton slow down PC because its big software and the way he crawl in the system (to protect you of course, but in the same time different from NOD32 that prevent the viruses and stop them in the transaction point), anyway, you don't need AVG or any other trial or freeware, you need redbite to solve the problem.
Take it to the shop if you can't solve it by yourself at home.
What kind of softwares do you have on the PC? maybe you should consider an upgrade.
What size is your HD/RAM? today some softwares, especially the new ones are very powerful with many improvements and options but in the same time you need higher ram and memory so think about it also, it will help your PC to "breath" better when you work heavy on the PC.  spiral
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:40:33 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Fish

• Brunel Park
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »
Problem solved  bananadance

Eventually found the cause, IE8, Auto updates uses Internet Explorer for the update service (needs XActive) I found that when the upgrade of IE8 installed it did not do so correctly and was not connecting to the net so auto updates were working overtime trying to connect ( I use Firefox as my default browser so did not pick this up, Firefox does not have Xactive.)
After finally get the corrupt IE8 un-installed ( it was installed before service pack 3 so you have to un-install sp3 first to un-install IE8 and re-install sp3)
IE8 was then re-installed and now works.

Hey ho back to normal .

Thanks for trying help.  party6

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
Problem solved  bananadance

Eventually found the cause, IE8, Auto updates uses Internet Explorer for the update service (needs XActive) I found that when the upgrade of IE8 installed it did not do so correctly and was not connecting to the net so auto updates were working overtime trying to connect ( I use Firefox as my default browser so did not pick this up, Firefox does not have Xactive.)
After finally get the corrupt IE8 un-installed ( it was installed before service pack 3 so you have to un-install sp3 first to un-install IE8 and re-install sp3)
IE8 was then re-installed and now works.

Hey ho back to normal .

Thanks for trying help.  party6

You're welcome, its also a possibility we didn't talked about the Microsoft updates where some are corrupt same the problem you experienced in your pc.
I'm happy to hear the problem solved!!!  type1

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
From time to time as the nature of my job with the Internet I get all sorts of Viruses,Trojans,Warms and other 'goods'... I have a Nod32 antivirus but the software seems to have its limits and not able to detect some kinds of Trojans, Trojans can slow tremendously your PC and work on the Internet can be very frustrating.
Especially for me that I always need to handle files and Data.
I do know how to MANUALLY remove viruses/Trojans but its not a real solution but temporary only.
I consulted with a friend and he adviced me Kaspersky might be right for me, I know Kaspersky for a long time and have a good experience with it so I bought the New Latest Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Version (690 Baht).  jumping8
http://www.thaikaspersky.com/2011eng/index.php

I just installed it and it found the ones I used to delete manually in the past and they got back again so I think Kaspersky is quite good because Nod32 didn't even found the problem...  newargue

We'll see........! cool1

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:22:25 PM by Admin »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »
Anyone using Barclays online banking can have Kapersky Internet Security for free.  http://www.barclays.co.uk/Helpsupport/FreeInternetsecuritysoftware/P1242557966961

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick