{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: first trip to buriram.  (Read 8516 times)

Offline jessica

first trip to buriram.
« on: June 11, 2008, 09:30:17 PM »
dear,
I would like to advice with you,I'm from germany coming with my familiy to buriram for the first time and need some information about the area,how is it like?do I need to bring things from germany which do not available in buriram ?
I come to buriram to my brother's wedding in village called satak.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: first trip to buriram.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:46:40 PM »
Hi Jessica

Although I am in the UK at present,  I do have a Thai wife and we live in Satuk for 6 months of the year to avoid the European winter.

Buriram airport is nearer Satuk 10km than Buriram 30+km.  Satuk itself has a population of about 25,000 and I should think that you can find the majority of the things you need there.  711 convenience store has most things you would need, there are also daily markets for fresh veg etc. It has a few nice restaurants, try the floating restaurant on Mun River.

It also has several banks with in excess of 10 ATM's so getting cash is not problem. But your brother must be aware of all the facilities in Satuk if he spends  a lot of time there. There are several German expats who live there full time and many who visit.

However a visit to Buriram which must have a population in excess of (guessing) 250,000 also has large supermarkets where everything you might need is available, notably Big C and Makro.

Hope this helps.

If you have any specific questions about Satuk ...just ask

TBWG :)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »

Hi..... found pic of floating restaurant.

Your brothers name is it Peter?

TBWG :wacko:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline topatia

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
Hi Jessica,

I'll be coming to Buriram end of this month. I'm dutch living close to the german border. Wir könnnen uns auch gerne  in Deutsch unterhalten ( ;)

Most products like TBWG said are available in Buriram City (Tweekit, Big C, Makro) however some products are hard to find/get.
I came across problems for e.g. a cleaning tape for a DV Videocamera (bought it eventually in Bangkok).

But if you're going for a few weeks it shoud not be a problem to do without some (local) products.

Offline Herbergier

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »
Hello Topatia,

Do you live in Buriram? I am also from Holland and i have buy a house in "Ban suangklang muang 2" about 1 km outside Buriramtown on the way to Prakhon Chai, near the big elephantstatue.
I still live and work in Holland(Waalwijk) but my wife, she do work in the Buriramcourt, live in the house and in about 2 years i go live there too.
In oktober i be there for a few weeks and maybe we can meet you when you are also in Buriram, i know already about 8 Dutchpeople who live in Buriram and maybe i know you already too.

Joost

Offline topatia

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »
Hallo Herbergier,

I'm living near Enschede in Holland together with my Wife, who is from Ban Dan, Half way between the airport and meung.
This time I'll go on Holliday for about one month.

I regret to say I'll have to go back end of July, and I will not be staying in Buriram in Oktober.

Offline jessica

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Topatia, Grüß Gott!

Thank you for your kind answer,my brother do not live in satak but in bagkok,family of his wife live in satak so we'll stay in buriram for few days,its just few days so it is not really long..

seems like a very nice a quiet place to be , hope we enjoy there,thank you all guys have a good time and take care .
 party1

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM