Poll

Who is getting Vaccinated

I've had my 1st Vaccine Jab and waiting for my 2nd
7 (29.2%)
I want my Vaccine Jab but have to wait
11 (45.8%)
I'm unsure if I want to get Vaccinated yet, I'll think I'll wait
3 (12.5%)
I dont want a vaccine , I'm not a Guinea Pig!!
1 (4.2%)
I will only get Vaccinate if I'm forced to for traval or Visa reasons
2 (8.3%)
What are these Vaccine's you are talking about ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: July 24, 2021, 02:24:59 PM

Author Topic: Who is getting Vaccinated  (Read 22245 times)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Who is getting Vaccinated
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »
Ivermectin  ::)

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2021/06/india-could-sentence-who-chief-scientist-to-death-for-misleading-over-ivermectin-and-killing-indians.html

Watch a few of the You Tubes at the bottom of the link ( Joe Rogan  ;) )
It seems that one of the main worries about some vaccines is the possibility of blood clots, the odds vary but it appears between 800,000 to one and 200,000 to one chance of having one. For those doubters ask yourself a question, if I had an arthritic hip or knee and needed surgery so I could walk again what would I do, have replacement surgery or be in pain and unable to walk properly for the rest of my life.

You are told before this surgery that the likelihood of a blood clot is 100 to 1 for knees and 200 to 1 for hips. I have had two replacement hip operations and the choice was a no brainer, so the odds for clots after covid vaccine don't seem that bad, shorter odds just to walk again and longer odds to possibly help you live longer.

At the end of the day it is down to the individual, for me the choice was easy, I have had my first two jabs and provisionally booked for a booster in October.

I knew someone who had hip surgery here in Thailand following an accident and sadly died from a blood clot. I recently had to undergo heart surgery, where  the risk of blood clot was raised. I decided that being on blood thinners would help (my opinion) and went ahead with surgery. I am still here to tell the tale.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2021, 11:28:13 AM »

I knew someone who had hip surgery here in Thailand following an accident and sadly died from a blood clot. I recently had to undergo heart surgery, where  the risk of blood clot was raised. I decided that being on blood thinners would help (my opinion) and went ahead with surgery. I am still here to tell the tale.

Please to hear that Nick. Stay safe!

Offline Smithy

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2021, 11:53:32 AM »

At the end of the day it is down to the individual, for me the choice was easy, I have had my first two jabs and provisionally booked for a booster in October.

You are totally correct ...... people should be able to make their own risk assessment on what they do or have put into there bodies .

To quote Herbert Spencer "survival of the fittest".

Judging by worldwide figures from many sources, the fittest appear to be those who are vaccinated.

"survival of the fittest" is correct

For those dying of covid  a large percentage are those are over 65 ( with the largest group being those over 80 ) with 2 or more underlying conditions . So if you are over 65 and a bit unhealthy I would suggest you get the vaccine too , as the stats shows it works for this group  .Whether we should be vaccinating kids or people under 40 with no health issues then that's debatable ,  from the stats i've seen .Maybe for the later group Ivermectin if they show simptons  ?

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2021, 12:05:41 PM »

You are totally correct ...... people should be able to make their own risk assessment on what they do or have put into there bodies .

Judging by worldwide figures from many sources, the fittest appear to be those who are vaccinated.

For those dying of covid  a large percentage are those are over 65 ( with the largest group being those over 80 ) with 2 or more underlying conditions . So if you are over 65 and a bit unhealthy I would suggest you get the vaccine too , as the stats shows it works for this group  .Whether we should be vaccinating kids or people under 40 with no health issues then that's debatable ,  from the stats i've seen .Maybe for the later group Ivermectin if they show simptons  ?

Whilst I agree the Covid19 figures of illness and death show a higher percentage of elder people or those with underlying conditions as victims, post vaccination figures are simply split into two groups. Those vaccinated and those not. The percentage of those that are fully vaccinated entering hospital with covid19 are vastly lower than those who are unvaccinated.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2021, 12:43:57 PM »

Whilst I agree the Covid19 figures of illness and death show a higher percentage of elder people or those with underlying conditions as victims, post vaccination figures are simply split into two groups. Those vaccinated and those not. The percentage of those that are fully vaccinated entering hospital with covid19 are vastly lower than those who are unvaccinated.

The old and the sick are still dying after being vaccinated , mainly due to the fact they are old and sick   :blink:

Maybe we shouldn't be using the phrase " "survival of the fittest" when it comes to Vaccinated old peple but  "survival of the unfittest". Its been reported in the UK that "the vaccine rollout had prevented more than 10,000 deaths of people aged 60 and older by the end of March". So I can understand why many older expats are trying to get vaccinated ASAP . oldmanwithstick

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2021, 12:44:57 PM »

+1

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2021, 02:01:26 PM »

The old and the sick are still dying after being vaccinated , mainly due to the fact they are old and sick   :blink:

Maybe we shouldn't be using the phrase " "survival of the fittest" when it comes to Vaccinated old peple but  "survival of the unfittest". Its been reported in the UK that "the vaccine rollout had prevented more than 10,000 deaths of people aged 60 and older by the end of March". So I can understand why many older expats are trying to get vaccinated ASAP . oldmanwithstick

I think you are swerving off topic here. The point is that vaccination protects against serious Covid19 symptoms. A vaccinated person has far better chance of either not getting coivd19 or not getting serious symptoms. There is less chance of hospitalisation and death.

Hence, vaccinated people would be deemed fittest.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2021, 02:41:40 PM »

+1
+2

I am neither pro nor anti vaccine; but took the easy option when offered the chance to avoid the long hot queues if it becomes a visa requirement - TIT after all.

For every set of figures and graphs proving something, there is another proving exactly the opposite.

Often the opposite view comes from the original source!

If CoCo confirmed an increase in business at his crematorium I might change my opinion.

But until then my initial opinion remains - a world wide panic due to too many zombie apocalypse movies….

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2021, 03:41:55 PM »
 runningdog

Offline Smithy

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »

If CoCo confirmed an increase in business at his crematorium I might change my opinion.

I think CoCo has confirmed this already . Covid 19 had deferenly caused the excess death rate to rise in the UK  An estimated deaths from covid being around 128,000 in the UK with more than 71,000 excess deaths in England and Wales since the Covid-19 pandemic began. My gut feeling is that the covid deaths have been overestimated a little due to the way the figures have been collected.Also the UK Government's  order of DNR for the old and sick in care homes and hospitals may have increased the figures slightly as well
Whether this figure will level themself out only time will tell,  as a large proportion of those that died may well have died in the next 6 month to a year from other medical conditions anyway . I did read that in April the death rate was the lowest for that month since records began in 2001, so maybe April wasn't a good month for CoCo Crematorium business but I'm sure previous months made up for it  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 04:19:22 PM by Smithy »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2021, 06:52:48 PM »
Here is a chart of our cremation numbers (I haven't seen June yet but I believe it will show 'normal' numbers.

Normal numbers are around 150 pm - 35/40 per week.

I think we did 60 p.w. at the peak. Our April/May 2020 figures tend to support that. From July to November 2020 we were running around average. I don't think Suffolk was as badly hit as other areas and infection rates/deaths obviously varied from region to region.

The UK peak of hospital deaths was said to over in April 2020 (we usually get them 2-4 weeks later).

The second wave was late in 2020 and that reflects in the numbers December 20 to March 21.

MONTH   CREMATIONS   MONTH   CREMATIONS
JUL 19   139                   JUL 20   150
AUG 19   159                   AUG 20   149
SEP 19   131                   SEP 20   158
OCT 19   160                   OCT 20   139
NOV19   162                   NOV 20   156
DEC 19   132                   DEC 20   181
JAN 20   187                   JAN 21   188
FEB 20   173                   FEB 21   209
MAR 20   187                   MAR 21   217
APR 20   230                   APR 21   168
MAY 20   228                   MAY 21   149
JUN 20   176                   JUN 21   

I am told that the increased numbers are typically much higher than you would see in a 'bad flu season'.

The reducing numbers (we are only 30 next week), together with the success of the UK vaccination programme,  tend to support the government's decision to come out of any 'lockdowns' later this month.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 06:54:51 PM by CO-CO »

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2021, 09:52:27 PM »
⬆️

Thanks for that dear boy.

Food for thought, but at least these are figures I can trust.

Offline PermaPeet

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »
How do I get on the Moderna vaccine list for Buri Ram?

Offline Pichai

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2021, 05:11:52 PM »
This is Bob Manthey posting. I "signed up" on a list at Ram Buriram Private Hospital months ago and never heard a single word. I did sign up in person at Bangkok Hospital in Korat in April. 9 days ago they called me to say I should try elsewhere as that hospital had no idea when they might receive Moderna.  However if you are willing to drive to Khon Kaen you might be able to book and pay for Moderna at this hospital:   https://rph.co.th/en/    I read on line that some people have also booked and paid through Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. If anyone does have current experiences when they went in person to book at the private hospital in Surin, the Army hospital in Buriram or the private Ram hospital in Buriram I am sure it would be of wide interest to Buriram expats. Below is a post on another forum regarding this subject. KhunBenQ is that forum member who posted:

I had registered interest and recently paid deposit for Moderna at Ratchapruek hospital. Vaccines expected no earlier than October (and steady bad news about further stretching).

Registration was through the THG (Thonburi Hospital Group) website.

Don't know what the current status is.

Your wife can also look directly at the RPH webiste:

https://rph.co.th/en/

Offline Nobby

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2021, 05:21:56 PM »
Total Members Voted: 9

Please make sure you vote ( it is private ) so we can get a general consensus

So far its roughly 4 have or want the Vaccine  and 5 are sceptical about the Vaccine , even though the MSM will tell you otherwise

Total Members Voted: 10   

5 have or want the Vaccine  and 5 are sceptical about the Vaccine..so still a 50/50 split  :)

I need to go off the waiting 'still list' and be added to the 'had first (AZ) jab' list

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick