{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Covid19 in Thailand  (Read 49588 times)

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Covid19 in Thailand
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2021, 04:55:36 PM »
Which part was the put down ?

I think the uneducated people are shitting their pant's !!!!!!  These are one one's that believe the propaganda on MSM and dont educate themselves with the true facts .
If I had a choice I wouldn't wear a 5 baht mask as I think they do FA if you are fit and heathy . I do wear them though when I go out as its the law here . Most of the people in our Village dont wear a masks when out and about in the Village but they do if they go into town were there have been a few reported cases. I think you will find that most case's stem for people being in close groups inside (ie gambling dens and disco's ) , not walking down the road without a mask on .
If someone doesn't want to wear a mask I have no problem with that , there are far to many righteous twats about ,thinking they are something specail by following  f**king woke MSM ( more so in the west )  !!!

Offline Smithy

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2021, 05:24:50 PM »
Anyone thinking of getting the vaccine ...... is a big decision ? choose wisely  :o ::) :blink:

Tassie

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2021, 04:48:21 AM »
The only vaccine for Covid 19 I would use  would be the Russian Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine. It is safe, cheap and really works without all the nasty side effects of the big Pharma money grab vaccines.
Regards

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
The only vaccine for Covid 19 I would use  would be the Russian Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine. It is safe, cheap and really works without all the nasty side effects of the big Pharma money grab vaccines.
Regards

Do you have the evidence to support that statement?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2021, 11:36:08 AM »
We are fortunate in Buriram to have so many Covid experts.

These days the internet can provide you with any source of information to back whichever point of view you hold....the chart from Smithy being a classic case of information (true or otherwise) that has little or no relevance to the current local situation.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2021, 12:08:04 PM »
We are fortunate in Buriram to have so many Covid experts.

These days the internet can provide you with any source of information to back whichever point of view you hold....the chart from Smithy being a classic case of information (true or otherwise) that has little or no relevance to the current local situation.

All I was pointing out was , 'be carful in what you have injected into your body' .Especially when none of these vacines have been tested fully.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/9-student-nurses-experience-side-effects-from-sinovac-vaccine
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 12:17:04 PM by Smithy »

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2021, 01:26:59 PM »

Most of it.

Suggesting that local people are uneducated. Then to assume it is only they that will be afraid, done in a derogatory manner.

I don't think it's polite to try to show some kind of upper echelon status in comparison to others. Not just here but every where.

Smithy you are going a bit hard on the fear factor, aren't you? Many of my family in UK, their friends and their family have been vaccinated with Pfizer or AZ. None have had any side effects other than sore arm and flu like symptoms for a few hours.

Looking at the figures, and allowing for the EU politics that first started the scare, the AZ blood clot theory is just not worth even talking about. The percentage is so low. It has not even been proven whether the blood clot victims would have had such a health scare without the vaccine. Such small percentages could quite easily be put down to coincidence.

Tassie, millions of people around the world, 44million in UK alone, will likely disagree with you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:28:30 PM by Gerry »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2021, 01:43:56 PM »

Smithy you are going a bit hard on the fear factor, aren't you? Many of my family in UK, their friends and their family have been vaccinated with Pfizer or AZ. None have had any side effects other than sore arm and flu like symptoms for a few hours.

Looking at the figures, and allowing for the EU politics that first started the scare, the AZ blood clot theory is just not worth even talking about. The percentage is so low. It has not even been proven whether the blood clot victims would have had such a health scare without the vaccine. Such small percentages could quite easily be put down to coincidence.

Tassie, millions of people around the world, 44million in UK alone, will likely disagree with you.

If you want to take the vacine then be my guest , I think I will take the 'wait and see ' apporach ;)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2021, 01:47:58 PM »

Many have taken the sensible protectionist approach in Lahansai today.

If you want to take the vacine then be my guest , I think I will take the 'wait and see ' apporach ;)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 02:00:53 PM »

Most of it.

Suggesting that local people are uneducated. Then to assume it is only they that will be afraid, done in a derogatory manner.

I don't think it's polite to try to show some kind of upper echelon status in comparison to others. Not just here but every where.

Local people are generally uneducated/poorly educated.

They are also gullible, controlled and usually unable to rationalise things for themselves. A generalisation?  Yes - but widespread in the rural areas particularly.

Only a fool would try and deny otherwise.

I very much enjoy staying in this country that I now call home. However, I lost my rose-tinted over a decade ago. I try to take a balance view of Thailand - and the Thais. I will be a vociferous defender of them both when I encounter extreme Thai bashing - but, I believe I am a realist and I will be equally critical of the stupid things they do.

Whilst the original post was crudely constructed, the underlying point had  some validity. Fear, particularly amongst the ignorant/uneducated is a dangerous condition - and we have seen many examples where fear fear and prejudice have resulted in extreme actions.

I agree whole-heartedly with the rest of your post Gerry and think we are all aware that Smithy has been banging the conspiratorial drum for many months. All I will say is that Covid is real, it is significantly worst than attempted comparison with flu and it is indiscriminate in who it affects. I have said before, I own a crematorium in the UK and our numbers are 30/35% up overall (some weeks +50%)..... a flu epedimic would not see those results.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:03:06 PM by CO-CO »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2021, 02:12:25 PM »

Will you be having the new untested vaccine when available ?

The thing is even those that have been vaccinated can still become asymptomatic and pass on the virus so must follow all the rules as the unvaccinated people . Will we ever get back to normality  :blink:

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 02:27:15 PM »

Will you be having the new untested vaccine when available ?

The thing is even those that have been vaccinated can still become asymptomatic and pass on the virus so must follow all the rules as the unvaccinated people . Will we ever get back to normality  :blink:

I will be having a vaccine.

I have a preference for Moderna as family back in the UK have had that ...... everyone (who wants a vaccination) has their own favourite.

As a friend said, if there was no internet there would be no fear of the vaccine, adding that everyone just had the TB jab when they were young - they did not debate the arse off the pro's and con's.

Everybody knows that you can still contract CV19 even with the vaccine. The main point is the dramatic affect it has on the symptoms.... and it does offer some protection - as does wearing a mask, as now accepted by WHO. It is part of Covid prevention which includes social distancing etc, etc. Something resembling normality is more likely to be achieved when the majority.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:28:54 PM by CO-CO »

Tassie

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 02:29:59 PM »
Regards

Yes I do .  Please PM me if you want to go further with this. Regards

Tassie

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2021, 02:38:30 PM »

Most of it.

Russia sold 100 million doses of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine Sputnik V to India, which was also among the countries that produced it on its territory. In total, four Indian companies planned to produce 852 million doses of Sputnik V in 2021. Furthermore, Mexico was to import 7.4 million doses between February and April 2021, with more doses to be delivered in May. Sputnik V was authorized in over 60 countries worldwide as of April 2021. Russia applied for the vaccine approval in the European Union in January, while several EU countries approved its use earlier, such as Hungary or Slovakia.
Regards

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2021, 03:40:22 PM »
Regards

Yes I do .  Please PM me if you want to go further with this. Regards

Why not share it on the forum. We can all see it then.

You claim that other vaccines have nasty side effects. Are you speaking about the 0.00125% chance of a blood clot? Do you know the chances of blood clots if you don;t have a vaccine? If you don't, your comments mean nothing. One needs to compare to make a point.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick