{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Covid19 in Thailand  (Read 49576 times)

Offline secosteve

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Covid19 in Thailand
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2021, 03:47:03 PM »
Maybe people are sceptical about Sinovac but as said previous it is approved by the WHO, albeit for emergency use, but something is better than nothing and a booster can be injected later.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2021, 05:34:49 PM »
Please not use the bad words about Sinovac vaccine. We know some don't like it but not Chinese people fault.

Please remember many Thai people, me too, have family is from China before. Make bad words is not kind.

Thank you.

+1

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2021, 06:01:23 PM »
Please not use the bad words about Sinovac vaccine. We know some don't like it but not Chinese people fault.

Please remember many Thai people, me too, have family is from China before. Make bad words is not kind.

Thank you.

+1

+2

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion on a vaccine but twice Gotlost posted a derogatory term for the Sinovac vaccine and twice it was removed by Mod . He then went and posted it again in the shoutbox after the deletions. He may get away with that sort of thing on SF where it is a closed forum ( obviously racism isn't a problem for their moderators )  but not on open forums like BE . I'm sure Asean Now ( old Thaivisa Forum ) wouldn't put up with it either . Seems strange Gotlost has done this seeing he was so easily offended when some SF members posted a few light hearted jokes  about a Thai Lady Farmer friend and where she gots her workers .  ::)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2021, 01:40:25 PM »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2021, 07:25:44 AM »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2021, 08:04:45 AM »
An Opinion piece by Codrin Stavri , Romanian persecuted

10 Reasons Why the Panic-demic Will Be Over in a Year

The Covid-related moral panic and authoritarian measures will be gone in a year.

I normally don't make predictions but when I do, I give a timeline for people to be able to fact-check me later. As such, I have been convinced to believe that by next year the maddening song of the pandemic hysteria will be over. At least here in Europe.

I was a bit on the fence about this. They had me in the first half, not going to lie. But after the UK went one-eighty, and after Denmark did the same, I am beginning to come around.

Here are the main reasons why I think this.

1. Muh Far-Right Rising, the blockbuster film

Fringe parties that would never have been anywhere near power are now rising in the polls. You can see this in Canada with the rise of the People's Party of Canada, in Romania with the Alliance for the Union of Romanians, and in Denmark as Mette Frederiksen wants to be re-elected.

It's gotten to the point where you can be as charismatic as Greta Thunberg and have a political party with only one issue - claiming that you will be a tiny bit reactionary on the lockdowns and vaccine passports - and you will easily win 15-30% of the vote depending on which country you're in.

For all you Americans reading, 15-30% is more than enough to annoy the establishment in a multi-party system. They will have a hard time forming governments, as it will be difficult to get a majority and decide on a prime minister, they will have to form alliances with people that they normally would not have and then start giving concessions. And that?s the last thing the establishment wants; in addition to giving the spotlight to the ?fringe? parties which now become mainstream and start messing with the Overton window.

2. The panic-demic never really took hold in Eastern Europe

Sure, we had lockdowns. Yes, we had the media going a tad hysterical because it's good for clicks. But this year, no one really bought "the scare" except in the big cities.

Here in Romania, anyone who travels around the country and turns off the TV knows the pandemic is the last thing people care about - unless you're in some of the larger cities. People not only do not talk about it anymore as they did last year, or mention it, but in my region, they don't even mask up; and the police aren't telling people anything even though by law they should.

I even saw concerts where people had to go in masked up and show PCRs and even though those were the rules, the pictures of the concerts showed a completely different story.

More and more law-abiding citizens use the mask as a "chin diaper" in the hopes that the police officer or the mall guard that feels extra vigilant and goes far beyond the call of duty, pointing out the person should cover his face in shame, will make them have to just lift it up rather than going through the inconvenience of reaching for it in their pocket.

In other words, this didn't go down with a bang but it went down with a whimper; and it will be very difficult to convince these people who can barely pay for heating during the winter season (thank you, carbon tax) that their unvaccinated neighbour is their biggest concern.

They will laugh at you and say that the winter cold in Eastern Europe kills faster than Covid and they haven't figured out how to pay for the heating in December yet. The bad news is that they're kinda right. In other words, it's true that people embrace fascism when they are afraid, but here in Eastern Europe, they are more afraid of running out of food and heat than they are of missing out on the Fauci Ouchie?.

3. Individual countries set the tone for the whole orchestra

Right now, the pandemic volume is somewhere between Denmark, where the music is gone, and Israel, where it plays the loudest. There is the exception of Australia which is like a drunk clown playing a cacophony at the violin and everyone pretends not to notice.

I assume the music is going to be more aligned with Denmark soon before dying out.

We do live in a globalist world after all, and even people that disagreed with libertarians last year are starting to come around and notice the data for themselves.

There is only so much the mainstream/social media industrial complex can do with their "war on noticing" before the average Joe starts to wonder why he has to put up with the fascist shtaco when other nations are not and yet they have similar death rates.

4. The check must be paid when the music stops

Unfortunately, it's true. Most of the people who will forward the bill for the music will be the doctors. When the economic crisis hits, it will hit hard. People will look for someone to blame. And the politicians are going to put the blame on the doctors, because they can, and they will.

This will cause a drop in public trust. Politicians will not be shy to start doing budget cuts (and from Eastern Europe, I can tell you that the two places the government loves to cut the most are schooling and hospitals). This time around, this might be the case outside Eastern Europe too.

I do want to say that there might be an exception with the UK, as they have created what appears to be the "cult of the NHS". But it?s also unironically a place where the medical establishment is "dear white people-ing" the public and wants you to be uncomfortable. As such, this is something way too bizarre for me to be able to make a prediction on. It's like predicting what would happen if a Marxist suddenly developed compassion and empathy for his fellow man. Such things don't have a precedent and as such are out of my area of expertise.

It's also going to be difficult to reconcile between family members who stopped talking to each other during this time. Imagine if a daughter told her mother that she is literally killing her by not getting the vaccine and then broke up all contact.

How do you ever come back from that?

5. The LOL-suits are coming

So far, in most nations, some victories in court have been had. Almost every lawsuit against fascistic measures has been won in court in many nations across Europe and even in the US. I am sure that you, dear reader, may be aware of some lawsuits that took place in your country as well - though most of them did not get as much media coverage, as healthy lawsuits are unhealthy for ratings. But trust me, they did happen and more will most likely come. Especially in the US, people who are getting fired are going to sue.

In fact, there might be an entire industry that is going to be born out of this, an industry ran entirely by lawyers and judicial advisors.

This isn't financial advice or anything but now is the worst time in human history to short sell law firms - and let?s just leave it at that.

6. Protests will get worse until they get better

If you look on social media, you will notice that in France alone, there were over 160 thousand people on the street last weekend.

Videos with police officers bullying grandma "for her own health" don't look good for the camera, and they do go viral on social media, despite the fact that the MSM nervously whistle as they look the other way.

However, as I mentioned before, the economic crisis is coming. People will get fired, wages docked, austerity measures introduced, and so forth. If now, it?s people with a job who take to the streets, what do you think will happen when people are alone in their homes, hungry and have no electricity or gas to heat up the place? Such a person might decide to warm up by taking a stroll down the boulevard with his 999999 friends.

7. The US is a weird case

While in the US, the panic-demic lines are drawn along the state lines and political affiliation, the reality is that Pfizer might genuinely drag America out of the economic crisis.

Vaccines are free only in the mind of the leftist. Unfortunately, the rest of us are normal people and we do not live in la-la land as such, we know it's being paid out of the taxpayers? pockets. And with Pfizer making obscene levels of money with booster shots and countries buying the vaccines hand over fist, it will be very interesting to see the high-score tax returns.

To put it bluntly, Pfizer did what GlaxoSmithKline tried in 2009 and failed (Google it).

As such, even some Republicans in the US will like it if the music keeps going just a bit more. It's why I wasn't surprised when Trump told people a few weeks ago to take the vaccine and he got booed on stage. He knew it wouldn't be popular with his base but he said it anyway because the economy was always his primary concern. Therefore, I predict in the states the mandates will die off but the media will keep the hysteria even after the music stops.

The rift between citizens will become even wider than in Europe and ?Are you up to date with the vaccines?? will become the new "Do you believe trans women are women?" - with similar consequences if answered incorrectly.

8. The biggest damage will be to the government's credibility

I know people forget easily. The average memory of a person lasts roughly from the moment their business is shut down until the next BLM rally. But the economic crisis that will follow will remind them constantly about the panic-demic. It will be similar to a rat that is getting an electric shock every 5 seconds to be deprived of sleep.

The anti-vax movement will grow further due to the way the government handled this, and we are talking about full-on medical scepticism where people who have gotten the flu shot before are now going to raise three crosses at you and spit over his shoulder three times before telling you to get out at the mere suggestion that they should vaccinate their beloved pet cat.

More people will believe exactly the opposite of what the media will tell them, even if the media will be telling the truth.

Which, in turn, will, of course, cause more censorship.

Because the one lesson I learned from this is that the media doesn't learn any lesson. They are too arrogant and they refuse to believe that persuading people is better than censoring them; and that you will never get 100% of people agreeing with you. They will keep denying that there is a moment where it?s better to just cut your losses and leave with what you have than go all in and lose even the little you have left.

9. The Covid passports are redundant in Europe

While the Americans don't enjoy playing "papers please" and neither do the Brits, we Europeans do it on a daily basis since the day we were born.

In many European nations, we need to show IDs even to use a public toilet. And an ID is even required if you want to start a mobile phone subscription. A phone which then carries a "tracking chip" that is turned on by default whenever you use Google Maps.

As such, a Covid pass is not only redundant, but it serves no purpose besides solving the ?took the Fauci Ouchie and forgot to take a selfie? problem. The idea that this will be a universal passport to track people and see their carbon emissions so they can be taxed later as fringe voices on the internet suggest is nothing but a pipe dream that the World Economic Forum is telling people.

In Europe, you already have an ID attached to your phone that also works as a passport. There really is no need for a second paper that most people protest against anyway.

10. The mask will most likely be the last to go

While it is annoying people, the mask is not annoying them as much as the Covid pass or the lockdowns. Most people view it as a negotiation between them and the authorities - as a "Fine, I?ll wear it if you don't lock down my business" type of deal. As such, people do not protest against it, or at least don't protest in large enough numbers.

Furthermore, there are people that genuinely like wearing it, as shocking as that may be. Women, for example, who don't have to use makeup, prefer it. And to be honest, I kinda like seeing the Mileenas and Kitanas walking down the street.

There are also those people whose only pleasure in their life is to moan at others for not wearing it. The government removing this last joy in their life would seem like a cruel and unusual punishment.

More importantly, there is still a bit of cash to be made here and in a time of crisis, every penny counts. In other words, the government can order 3-4 more warehouses of them, irrespective of whether people will actually wear them or whether they are up to standard (notice how the quality of them never gets brought up in the media anymore as it used to at the beginning of the pandemic). I assume countries will keep buying and pushing this as much as possible until people just stop wearing them as they do here in Eastern Europe and cops will not bother to enforce the mandates. Then, the government will just say "ok, we're lifting the mask mandates" and act like it's through their grace and benevolence that you can show your mug in public again and have people see your bad British teeth as you're smiling.

https://www.lotuseaters.com/10-reasons-why-the-panic-demic-will-be-over-in-a-year-14-09-2021

Offline Smithy

« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2021, 12:13:04 PM »
CCSA issues 4-phase roadmap for reopening of provinces

www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006708

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2021, 07:43:17 AM »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2021, 06:17:17 AM »
The changes to Thailand's entry requirements are summed up in the following post taken from ASEAN forum (Scouse123).

When I have looked at the matter closely, I don't think what Thailand is asking is particularly a bad deal. OK, They want double vaccinated tourists, a test before flying and a PCR test on landing and probably a wait of 24 hours to get the all clear.

The UK is allowing us in as double vaccinated without quarantine and no need to take a test on leaving Thailand but we must have a test on or before day 2. If positive, it's 10 days home isolation.

It has been announced today in the UK, that the expensive PCR is being replaced by the far cheaper lateral flow tests from October 24th, which is more good news for those destined for UK, however, you must have filled out a passenger locator form before being allowed to travel and have your test booked for Day 2, or you cannot complete the online form without this test booked and paid for.

This doesn't strike me as being very different from the COE terms which are to be replaced by the Thailand Pass scheme.

We then have the issue of Covid19 insurance, which hardly affects me as I buy annual insurance for LOS and that includes Covid19.

If anybody was to test positive and be required to enter quarantine in Thailand, better it is in Bumrungrad hospital or similar, with top class facilities in which case the price of the extra insurance premium would be money well spent.

I think in the UK these days expats and Thai visitors as well as all other foreign visitors do not have access to the NHS system with the exception of A and E, so they would be advised to have travel insurance anyway in these uncertain times.

The last point and this would and will be a sticking point for many, is the delay in opening up areas of entertainment and beer bars as well as restaurant facilities. All these are mostly open in Europe and the UK. However, our vaccine programmes are further down the line.

We can see what is happening here in Thailand and they are making it obvious, they are desperate to open the country because tourism is on its knees, but their vaccination programme is so far behind, that these types of venues where large crowds can gather, such as concerts and live events are potential flashpoints for the rapid spread of the Covid virus.

There is no answer to that except to speed up vaccinations, You can't have your cake and eat it.

All in all, I think it isn't that bad a deal to start opening the country and its certainly enough to tempt me back to the air. Unless disaster strikes  today, I will take my flight from ' hold ' to ' pay balance ' this Saturday and fly at the beginning of next month.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick