{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Covid testing & fit to fly certificate (inEnglish)  (Read 10197 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Covid testing & fit to fly certificate (inEnglish)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 12:21:57 PM »

So you are really saying that you would choose a terminally I'll self over your healthy grandchild, wife or children?

We don't have to make that choice and it's easy for people to say they will do something but when it comes down to it, I think not many will make the same decision they said they would do! And especially in a case of life and death!

So that's why Doctor's make that decision!

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 12:29:24 PM »

So you are really saying that you would choose a terminally I'll self over your healthy grandchild, wife or children?

We don't have to make that choice and it's easy for people to say they will do something but when it comes down to it, I think not many will make the same decision they said they would do! And especially in a case of life and death!

So now you see my point?

That is exactly the decision that was made. Norway are struggling to get enough vaccine to go round, as most countries are. They are making these decisions.

Sadly there becomes a point of "survival of the fitest".

If I had a terminal illness I would take the decision away from everyone and refuse the vaccine.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 12:34:46 PM »

So now you see my point?

That is exactly the decision that was made. Norway are struggling to get enough vaccine to go round, as most countries are. They are making these decisions.

If I had a terminal illness I would take the decision away from everyone and refuse the vaccine.

If I was terminally Ill I would do the same as you, and refuse it, BUT If the Doctor makes me choose to deny or give the vaccine to a Terminally Ill patient, I would give it to them and NOT deny it, they have the same right to live as anyone else.

Offline Gerry

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »

So now you see my point?

If I was terminally Ill I would do the same as you, and refuse it, BUT If the Doctor makes me choose to deny or give the vaccine to a Terminally Ill patient, I would give it to them and NOT deny it, they have the same right to live as anyone else.

I have never asked to deny a terminally I'll patient a vaccine right out. I was suggesting that there are others who could make better use of it.

It seems this whole conversation is based on you not interpreting my comment correctly.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 12:59:03 PM »
Maybe, but did you not wrote

I have to ask, why are terminally ill people being vaccinated?

Doctor's have made the decision to give it them

Have you heard about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:02:29 PM by iammike »

Offline Gerry

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 01:15:43 PM »

Yes, I did write that. However, it was a question and not statement.

Ethics is a good subject to bring up as this falls right into it. Decisions doctors need to make based on ethics.

I believe it would be ethical to try to prolong a life of a healthy person rather than one who has been given less than 6 months to live.

Based on your comment here "If I was terminally Ill I would do the same as you, and refuse it," I believe you do too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:18:15 PM by Gerry »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 01:27:41 PM »

Ethics is a good subject to bring up as this falls right into it. Decisions doctors need to make based on ethics.

I believe it would be ethical to try to prolong a life of a healthy person rather than one who has been given less than 6 months to live.

Based on your comment here "If I was terminally Ill I would do the same as you, and refuse it," I believe you do too.

IMHO a healthy person has a better fighting chance to beat Covid-19 (without the vaccine) then a terminally ILL patient. so IMHO a terminally ill patient deserves the Covid vaccine (maybe) more then a healthy person!

Yes. I would deny it if I was terminally Ill, BUT I would never deny another person a Vaccine just because they are terminally Ill (or whaever other reason).

Edit: Added (without the Vaccine)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:32:01 PM by iammike »

Offline Gerry

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »

IMHO a healthy person has a better fighting chance to beat Covid-19 (without the vaccine) then a terminally ILL patient. so IMHO a terminally ill patient deserves the Covid vaccine (maybe) more then a healthy person!

Yes. I would deny it if I was terminally Ill, BUT I would never deny another person a Vaccine just because they are terminally Ill (or whaever other reason).

You are misunderstanding me once again. I am not saying that people should be denied a vaccine. I am questioning how to prioritise. Most countries are prioritising certain groups. Usually by age and occupation. I don't see you arguing about that.

It is my opinion, and that of many others, that those that are terminally ill should be considered a lesser priority.

There are reports of shortages of vaccines in EU, Italy are particularly worried. Time to trim the priority list? Who goes first?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 09:08:44 PM »

You are misunderstanding me once again. I am not saying that people should be denied a vaccine. I am questioning how to prioritise. Most countries are prioritising certain groups. Usually by age and occupation. I don't see you arguing about that.

It is my opinion, and that of many others, that those that are terminally ill should be considered a lesser priority.

There are reports of shortages of vaccines in EU, Italy are particularly worried. Time to trim the priority list? Who goes first?

I agree 100%........................... a priority list is exactly what it says - the contentious point is in compiling that list and, personally, I would not prioritise the terminal ill. Even that is too bland a statement because people can be terminally ill but with a longer life expectancy than someone who is, say, bedridden in a hospice and only a short time to live.

Offline Kawa

• Contributor with future
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 10:22:46 AM »
So basically ,judging by all the off topic posts ! oldmanwithstick oldmanwithstick
Know one is aware of any places local this can be done? nowinkbar nowinkbar nowinkbar nowinkbar

Oh well never mind

Offline Gerry

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 03:55:03 PM »
I saw a report saying that BKK hospital in Korat do it.

All documentation issued in English too. I believe the fee is 4500 baht.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick