{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram Thai Immigration  (Read 12171 times)

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Buriram Thai Immigration
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2020, 12:48:27 PM »
Thanks for your reply but it is factually wrong in many ways.
(1) Reported income used to be that which was received overseas, it is now that which you choose to deposit in a Thai bank account. This is your net income you will spend in Thailand. Most of us do purchase goods overseas which are normally paid in your home currency as this is more readily accepted
(2) Thai Immigration in Buriram now do not even look at your declarations made to your embassy as it includes your gross income
(3) The local TI office effectively decide your monetary declaration as they do not forward on the evidence you produce, presumably just the local interpretation of what you presented.

This has nothing to do with Thai Immigration . UK ,US ,AUS and Danish Embassies ( and others I think ? )  announcing that from Jan 1, 2019 they will no longer issue any statements confirming the income of one of their citizens, as is required in applying for many types of long-stay permits-to-stay .

It was the Embassies from many of Our home countries that refused to issue statements confirming your income.Not the Thai Immigration fault really.

I have a friend that was in a predicament when this came into force at the beginning of last year .He had his UK pension sent to his Thai Bank and brought his private pension over when he needed it .He would get a letter from the UK Embassy every year to prove his income that combined the two showing over 700k a year ( his was on a Marriage Extension where 40k or 400k was needed ) . He got around this by having his UK pension and private pension paid into his UK bank and 40k+ sent over through Transferwise each month . The first year the IO were a bit lenient but now they have doubled down and your paperwork with the transacting showing for the last year must be in order.
But like me he has now just put 400k in a Thai Deposit account and just leaves it there and has reverted back to having his UK State pension sent to his Thai bank account to live on.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2020, 12:54:22 PM »
Tony,
I understand your frustration but you (and many others) need to realise that the guys at Immigration are not the enemy.
They have no control over stupid rules governments (yours and locally) put in place and no control over exchange rates.
They are just normal blokes, like us they have the odd rotten apple, but generally they are ok.
In your case they are prepared to put their jobs at risk to help you circumvent the rules.
If your next renewal is early next year, you have six months to save 3k a month, and when you pay it make sure to thank the imigration officer for his kindness.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2020, 05:31:29 PM »
Thanks for your reply but it is factually wrong in many ways.
(1) Reported income used to be that which was received overseas, it is now that which you choose to deposit in a Thai bank account. This is your net income you will spend in Thailand. Most of us do purchase goods overseas which are normally paid in your home currency as this is more readily accepted
(2) Thai Immigration in Buriram now do not even look at your declarations made to your embassy as it includes your gross income
(3) The local TI office effectively decide your monetary declaration as they do not forward on the evidence you produce, presumably just the local interpretation of what you presented.

I think you need to sort out your facts from fiction.

You are pissing into the wind, and trying to paddle upstream without an oar, whilst ploughing a lone furrow. You seem surprised that no one is rushing to jump on your crusade wagon................. doesn't that tell you something.

Get yourself sorted out; keep up to date with Immigration requirements, get the right monies in the right place like the rest of us or jolly on down to Pattaya and pay an agent there to get you an immigration stamp in your passport........................... and stop whinging!

Offline Wayne from Aus

• Contributor with future
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 06:19:44 AM »
Maybe Tony T has just had a gutful of the corruption bullshit. Pure and simple

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 06:35:32 AM »
I think we are all aware of the corrupt practices that prevail here in Thailand. They are not likely to change. Too many vested interests

I for one do all I can to avoid any involvement in such practices, and merely observe.

If one is unable to avoid, and does not wish to be a party to such practices,  the only choice available would appear to be to leave Thailand.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 06:45:19 AM »

If that is the case, he may have an uncomfortable time in Thailand.

Corruption, inefficiency. lies, inconsistency.......... all part of life in Thailand.

In this instance it would not be encountered if he met the Immigration requirements.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »

This corruption bullshit does work both ways .
Over the years I can think of many times its helped me out .
One year I did my normal Marriage Extension and got my 90 report slip. But what I forgot was to go back after 30 days to get my yearly stamp. When I did my next 90 day report the IO office pointed out I didn't have my yearly stamp and was on a 60 day overstay .I was told to take a seat and wait.They spoke to my wife on the Phone and said to her for 1000B they would take care of everything.To cut a log story short they stamped up my passport with all the correct stamps and dates ( back dated )  and I paid 1000B instead of 20,000B for the overstay.
A few times I've be caught speeding on long trips ,200 or 400 baht solves the problem,In the UK that would be ?100 ( 3800b ) .I also had my front wall built in the wrong place ,it was 200mm ( about 8 inches ) on Government land . Again for a 1000B they moved the concrete land maker's a little bit ,they could have made me pull my wall down and move it back . No doubt back in the UK some jobsworth would of insisted the wall was moved.
If I was to make a list of all the good reasons to live in Thailand is would far outweigh the bad. For sure , some people come and live here but decide to go back to their Home Country . Normally though for heath reasons ,children's schooling ,lack of money  or they cant stand the heat, very rarely is it because of corruption.
When it comes to Immigration ,you have to know all the rules and latest change's  ( that's why people post on here reports on how they did their Visa extension to help others ) . If you dont or dont meet the criteria or make a mistake then you either pay up or leave ....I've found over the years its best to have everything 100% in order ,its that simple !!  smilenod
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:06:45 AM by Smithy »

Offline TonyT

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2020, 06:15:29 PM »
I did have the requirements put out by the Thai Immigration last year but I cannot find it now.
Could anyone help me as to where it is?
It is a pity that the investment in the marital home (held by one's wife but normally holly funded by the foreigner ) can not be included in the justification to renew a marriage visa but that would be of no interest to TI as it has already been spent and is not an ongoing contribution to help the country to survive!!

Offline pagan1

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2020, 07:53:11 PM »

Tony .....Interested in why you believe Thailand needs all us aged expats to SURVIVE.

In terms of GDP the country ranks 25th in the world. It has a strong currency and high Foreign Currency Reserves. I know what my back of a fag packet calculation gives as the value each year of those on Retirement / Marriage  Extensions is.

I would be very interested to know what amount you believe all us resident expats contribute to the Thai economy each year.

With that figure we could then discuss if Thailand should / should not let all us old guys stay here.

Offline TonyT

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
It would appear that the Thai Government does not give a fig for any opinion we farangs should have. There is a huge difference between what funds someone needs if they are renting a property & what they need if they have fully funded their housing needs.
It is basic fairness to take this into account. Personally I am quite capable to pay these bribes but it really galls me to have to spend my income in such a way.
Both myself and my wife would be happy if we could get a fair price for our house and move on. I am 80 years old with dual citizenship in Aus/NZ but have no ties to either country as most of my meaningful contacts there have passed on. If I have to I will probably hold my nose & pretend that the fees are the equivalent of paying housing rates. That will allow me to give me time to investigate my options for the time that I have left.

Offline pagan1

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »

It would appear that the Thai Government does not give a fig for any opinion we farangs should have. There is a huge difference between what funds someone needs if they are renting a property & what they need if they have fully funded their housing needs.
Agree with both points

Personally I am quite capable to pay these bribes but it really galls me to have to spend my income in such a way.
You only need to pay the bribe if you do not meet the stated requirements

Both myself and my wife would be happy if we could get a fair price for our house and move on

As every Estate Agent will tell you house prices are determined by what people will pay. As for moving on, Thailand has relatively easy rules concerning immigration. Look at the requirements to take your wife to Aus or NZ. Having taken my wife back to the UK on 2 occasions the immigration requirements and restrictions are way beyond those for me entering Thailand.

Again apologies if my statements come across a little hard. In 20 yrs time when I reach your age I may well be in a similar position. However i would hope that I will not rail against Thailand (with it's option to circumvent the system) but try to work out how I dig myself out of a hole.

Pleased to hear that you are now looking at options rather than wasting money on a lawyer.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2020, 10:19:32 PM »
It looks like this post is going to on forever, the rules for extension of stay are simple (you can dowload them from the website), I admit there are a couple of other forms specific to Buriram.
If you cannot meet the requirements there are other options available, they however require you to enter the "black" financial area.
I wonder if the OP would be happy with non citizens availing themselves in either of the countries he holds a passport for?

Offline TonyT

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2020, 10:30:30 AM »
Geordie Boy, Do you or anyone else have the write-up that TI  put out last year or possibly tell me where I can find it. I did see it then but did not keep it at that time.
As Pagan1 noted I am now looking at other options as it is probably better than trying to move the "Immovable Object".
Thank you for your advice even it some was quite harsh!
Cheers

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »
Sorry if I appeared harsh, was not intending to.
You mention a "write up", not sure what you are looking for.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 12:54:55 PM »
Geordie Boy, Do you or anyone else have the write-up that TI  put out last year or possibly tell me where I can find it. I did see it then but did not keep it at that time.
As Pagan1 noted I am now looking at other options as it is probably better than trying to move the "Immovable Object".
Thank you for your advice even it some was quite harsh!
Cheers

The only recent write up posted on here was regarding extensions based on retirement and the rules regarding seasoning of funds. There have not been any recent changes regarding marriage extensions.

That said, it was reported some time ago that UK,USA,Aus and Danish embassies had stopped issuing income affidavits. Therefore, nationals of those countries now have to prove income entering a Thai bank, from abroad, each month. The criteria is quite simple.

For a marriage extension, applicants must show a minimum of 40k baht entering a Thai bank each and every month. The alternative is to show 400k in the bank. Seasoning periods for this method may vary from office to office and should therefore be check with your local office.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick