{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New to Buriram. Info wanted  (Read 5754 times)

Offline joydiv

New to Buriram. Info wanted
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:42:22 PM »
Hello all.

New to Buriram, just moved here with my wife and daughters, been in Bangkok for the last 2 years and got sick of it to be honest, the traffic, the pollution etc..
So here we are in Buriram, buying a house near Big C, and want to know, where to go for good nights out, and any good bars for watching sport ETC...
Any info on anything is appreciated

Joydiv

Offline ccarbaugh

Re: New to Buriram. Info wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:05:34 AM »
Sawatdee Joydiv,  I'm new here as well - any luck in finding "good bars" or nights-out?

Offline torrenova

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
I guess it is a case of us arranging to meet and take it frm there. However, I guess many will find this forum and then abandon it due to lack of traffic and updates. Buriram just isn't big enough to require it's own forum.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:12:44 PM »
I guess it is a case of us arranging to meet and take it frm there. However, I guess many will find this forum and then abandon it due to lack of traffic and updates. Buriram just isn't big enough to require it's own forum.

Agree with you Buriram is a small area but you'll surprise how many farangs living in here..
the problem is most of them living in the villages with no internet connection.
Also another fact we in "buriram expats" revealed. most buriramians are shy people due to the isaan enviroment involving with "horse beers" is fatal.  confused4

Seriously: where can be a better place then your own home-forum (this forum..da... :unsure:) to arrange a meeting point in Buriram.
 love5 sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
Also another fact we in "buriram expats" revealed. most buriramians are shy people due to the isaan enviroment involving with "horse beers" is fatal.  confused4

Seriously: where can be a better place then your own home-forum (this forum..da... :unsure:) to arrange a meeting point in Buriram.
 love5 sawadi

I have heard of Gnat's piss but never Horse Beers? Is it worse than Archa?

Dave

Offline claus31130

• Contributor with future
    • Nielsen's Danish Website about Farming in Thailand
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »
Well there's some places where Farangs do hangout,one of them is the "bamboo bar" , but as i've hears the place is not so popular among farang anymore....no far from there though they have found a new place to hang out.....
Is Buriram to small for its own Forum....that depends only on the users.....If the users don't "promote" the website to their friends,then fewer people will know about the website.....actually i think it is nice to have a local forum.....especially if one want to ask something about how's the paperwork done....then u don't get a reply from someone who maybe made it in chiang mai or elsewhere where the paperwork or need for show papers many times is quite different......
A good meeting point is here in the forum.....then if people like maybe they can get together irl......
Maybe somebody should start make a "POI"(point of interest) list on locations of common things as government offices and so on....
BTW i dont live in Buriram anymore but still go into to town for shopping and making some paper work sometimes

Claus

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM