{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Visa info please  (Read 10766 times)

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Retirement Visa info please
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »
Nearly a year ago I did my extension so Mike your info is probably more current and accurate.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 04:16:37 PM »
Nearly a year ago I did my extension so Mike your info is probably more current and accurate.

Thx. It has been almost 3 months so maybe my info is already outdated (5555555555)

Please guys note this is about Extension based on Marriage (not Retirement)

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
CO-CO : just stop dispensing free good advice, it is like pearls for the swines. As long as you do it for free to help out others they will mock you, have a beer and just help yourself !!! I am speaking out of experience when I came to live in Lahansai in 2002. I'll be there as soon as possible to help you with the beers !!! Don't forget our planned trip to Pub Street !!! Take care of yourself and your missus !!!

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »
Dundee not sure if the advice is accurate that?s why I posted my experience. Obviously I?m not the expert but the best advice given is check with your IO just to be sure. Best wishes!

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 07:10:37 PM »
After thinking about this I must say:  I wouldn?t go to a mechanic for prostate advice, nor would I go to an English language teacher for building advice. However, I would certainly listen to their first hand experience and have that knowledge when addressing IO about immigration issues. So I say this because this is what I think MAY happen come July 31. Just a guess on my part but reason why I post this. August 1 people go to immigration to get a stamp of some sort to stay longer. Immigration says no, you had 3 months to figure out how to get the proper extension or visa. So now you have a 7 day get the hell out of Thailand stamp. So, I read with interest other people?s posts, but for me I go to immigration as required and their direction is what I follow. I hope that what I think will happen is far from correct, but that?s what I think. Save yourself, GO to immigration as directed, but keep in mind the advice given online. Many people have different experiences. But immigration cares not what someone online told you. Oink oink MF!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:12:34 PM by DeputyDavid »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 08:08:47 PM »
After thinking about this I must say:  I wouldn?t go to a mechanic for prostate advice, nor would I go to an English language teacher for building advice. However, I would certainly listen to their first hand experience and have that knowledge when addressing IO about immigration issues. So I say this because this is what I think MAY happen come July 31. Just a guess on my part but reason why I post this. August 1 people go to immigration to get a stamp of some sort to stay longer. Immigration says no, you had 3 months to figure out how to get the proper extension or visa. So now you have a 7 day get the hell out of Thailand stamp. So, I read with interest other people?s posts, but for me I go to immigration as required and their direction is what I follow. I hope that what I think will happen is far from correct, but that?s what I think. Save yourself, GO to immigration as directed, but keep in mind the advice given online. Many people have different experiences. But immigration cares not what someone online told you. Oink oink MF!

Issued by immigration. Notice the phrase "temporarily stay". That is anyone who is here on an entry stamp or a stamp received from immigration. Notice the phrase "all types of visa". That covers everyone too. Simple and from where most people online are getting the info that they share. The whole point of these announcements is so that, in a turn pf phrase "immigration comes to you so you do not have to go to them".

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 09:11:03 PM »

Sorry DD but that is nonsense.

You are recommending that people do exactly what immigration are telling you not to do.

Your 7 day comment is pure fantasy and shows a lack of understanding of the immigration notices.

Don't give Immigration the ammunition to support the argument that Farangs are stupid.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 10:15:30 AM »
I understand what you are saying and I interpreted the notice the same way at first. Someone posted a response from Tod Daniels cautioning those on long stay visas and extensions not to rely on the amnesty, and I have been following the many posts on his page answering this question the same way. So I choose to take the more cautious route.

As far as calling me stupid, I?ll not have a battle of wits with an unarmed assailant.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2020, 10:46:53 AM »
I am not going to beat a dead horse here. I called immigration in Bangkok. In my situation, extension of stay based on Thai wife, with expiration of extension mid June their response to me was ? in your situation you need to apply for your extension in May because you will not have an extension on July31. If you want to stay past that date, amnesty doesn?t apply to you.?

Don?t kill the messenger. This is my experience 5 minutes ago. You can call 1178 and they will be happy to give you an answer based on your circumstances.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
I am not going to beat a dead horse here. I called immigration in Bangkok. In my situation, extension of stay based on Thai wife, with expiration of extension mid June their response to me was ? in your situation you need to apply for your extension in May because you will not have an extension on July31. If you want to stay past that date, amnesty doesn?t apply to you.?

Don?t kill the messenger. This is my experience 5 minutes ago. You can call 1178 and they will be happy to give you an answer based on your circumstances.

Of course that is correct. If you had the 'wit' to understand what is presented to you would know that extensions are not part of the amnesty. They MUST be done as normal.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »
Last word..........

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2020, 05:43:23 PM »

A perfect example of needing to know the correct terminology and to use it. You refer to the advice by Tod Daniels. If you would like to read that yourself you will see what I mean.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 06:21:17 AM »

[/quote]

Of course that is correct. If you had the 'wit' to understand what is presented to you would know that extensions are not part of the amnesty. They MUST be done as normal.

And if your passport has expired because HMPO are not processing new passports at the moment and VFS are not open for either collection of new passports or to submit applications for renewals, what can you do?  You are in Thailand illegally! A hefty fine? Deportation?  Nobody knows and seemingly HMPO and the British Embassy don't care, or if they do are not giving out advice.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick