{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: lockdown  (Read 54273 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: lockdown
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 03:38:37 PM »
With thousands of potential cases of the virus worldwide, do you imagine for one moment that any insurer would provide cover for a disease that is spreading so rapidly. It would bankrupt them

Yeah you are right, but in Thailand there is one that has COVID 19 Insurance (max coverage 1 Million THB)

https://www.frank.co.th/en/corona-virus-insurance

No travel insurance though

The insuraance cover appears to be only 50,000 bt or 100,000bt for treatment.  500,000 or 1 million baht would seem to be a payout upon death or almost death, but NOT treatment.

It says on the main page this

** illness with serious conditions or diseases caused by a corona virus infection. (Coronavirus (2019-nCoV))
Coverage 500k or 1 Million THB

**Any illnesses such as coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death that is a direct result from the Coronavirus where a physician has determined that there is no cure for which has been caused by coronavirus (2019-nCoV) virus.

and

Medical treatment from infections (Coronavirus(2019-nCoV))
Coverage ฿50,000 or ฿100,000

But I could be wrong and I don't need it as we have full coverage already

Offline Hank Gunn

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »
Okay, I remembered.  :)

Just got back from driving over to Korat for an appt. at Bangkok Hospital there, and to pick up some prescriptions at Siam Pharmacy. Very little police presence and absolutely not checkpoints as I half-expected on Hwy 24.

By the way, Siam Pharmacy has moved down the street from their old location (only about 60m) into a newer, larger building. If you're driving from the memorial park (memorial for the female warrior) you'd pass where the old location was on the left, and it's now at the next intersection on the right. (I still parked at the public lot, all of 10 baht, near the old location and walked over after my wife asked someone where it is.) Not easy to miss, as the building looks new/refurbished and has a large sign on the side.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »
thx @Hank Gunn for reporting back. Appreciated

But who knows what the situation is next week when we have to go :D

Offline Hank Gunn

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »
thx @Hank Gunn for reporting back. Appreciated

But who knows what the situation is next week when we have to go :D

Indeed, things could change but my guess is the local constabulary are busy manning the airport, bus and train stations.

At the hospital last week they gave me and my wife the quick temperature check at the main entrance. Today, in addition to that, a woman asked me where I lived and where I?d come from. After telling her that I lived in Buriram and had been in the country for about a year (8 months actually since my last trip to the US) there was no problem. I had my passport on hand just in case.

I?d suggest bringing ID to show your residence here in Buriram (e.g. driver?s license) and your passport. If you have no exit/entrance stamps for the last six months or so, you should be okay. But you probably already knew that.

Good luck.

Offline blackcow

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 10:34:39 PM »
Picked up my 12 month Non O ext stamp today at Korat imm and no problems. Temp scan at the door and a blue sticker on my shirt.
In and out around 20 minutes.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2020, 04:25:42 AM »
Reading the comments on Thaivisa, the insurance is problem nr 2 but the major problem seems to be getting the Covid-19-free health certificates as No test kits seem available 

The problem with insurance, will be for tourists applying for travel cover now, not those of us that have annual health insurance./

Why? Do you think they will get refused to get that insurance?

The below link gives details about UK FCO travel guidance regarding insurance policies ,
www.abi.org.uk
it probably is the same for other countries that have advised against foreign travel.
Note that the UK FCO still does not advise against travel to Most parts of Thailand but the Covid 19 advice covers all international Travel from the UK.
Im going to get in touch with my insurers tomorrow  to see if my policy still covers me .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:42:41 AM by Kawa »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 03:51:36 PM »

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 05:04:52 PM »
This is Bob posting for Mr. Pichai. He has been at meetings with the Governor quite often as have many other Buriram Business owners. As of today March 23 we are open with all services including special orders, normal deliveries, Lazada shipments, repairs on at the store and plumbers at customer locations. Frankly the China situation has caused some brands who manufacture in China to cease deliveries, yet they all claim we will receive ordered goods. Brands with goods locally made or from countries other than China are on time with shipments. I will post on all social media should be ever become a "curbside pick up" or "delivery only" store. Right now it is busy (not crowded) in the store and slammed on deliveries. We do have proper hand washing sink station at the front door with a blow dryer and do check temperatures of staff and customers. I am keeping optimistic that we will remain open to serve customers as I would hate to see home building cease or water pumps not fixed. The store is open 7 days a week.

Tassie

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2020, 06:59:33 PM »
Good idea to check temperatures and to practice washing hands hygiene.  Don't forget the toilets including the disabled toilet.
Regards

Offline Smithy

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »
Covid-19: Foreigner fined 20K for breaking quarantine - health certificate didn't help him; Thais warned they are next

The governor of Buriram province in north eastern Thailand announced that a foreign man back visiting his wife from one of the four countries on a risk list has been fined 20,000 baht for not properly quarantining for 14 days.
Even though the foreigner said he stayed in his rental car and had a health certificate from his country that didn't save him.
Now the governor and medical staff in the province have warned that Thais back from Bangkok - now considered a risky area itself - face 20,000 baht fines for not going into quarantine.
The foreigner in the Daily News story was not named and his nationality was not given - he was from either Italy, Iran, China or South Korea.
Residents of the Jira Nakhon housing estate had complained about the foreigner breaking quarantine after he arrived to visit his wife.
The foreigner accepted that he had been out but said he had not got out of the car.
The "Buriram Healthy Passport" application showed his movements.
Governor Thatchakorn Hatthathayakul said he arrived at Suvarnabhumi at 9am on the 19th of March.
He then went to Pattaya for a night where he rented a car.
Next day he left Pattaya at 6 am and drove to Buriram arriving at 1 pm. He stayed at the apartment of his wife.
He went out in the evenings and on the 22nd went out but did not get out of the car.
All this amounted to not following the terms of his quarantine. Even though he had a health certificate from the country where he began his journey that was not sufficient to save him from being fined 20,000 baht.
The governor said he was sorry to foreigners that these had to be his measures in the circumstances; people who own places like hotels who do not report quarantine infractions will be similarly fined.
He went further: Thais returning from Bangkok and surrounding provinces (known as Phuttamonthon) must observe a 14 day quarantine when going to Buriram or they too will be fined 20,000 baht.
Dr Withit Saritdeechaikul who was also present at the meeting at Muang Buriram police station echoed these statements.
He described Bangkok and surrounding areas as a danger area and people returning would be fined 20,000 baht for breaking quarantine under Article 34.
He further stressed that health certificates were of no use.
Thaivisa notes that tens of thousands of Thais and migrant workers have been leaving Bangkok - many on crowded buses and trains - after much of the city was effectively locked down.
The crowds have been heading for hometowns in the provinces and borders.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1155480-covid-19-foreigner-fined-20k-for-breaking-quarantine-health-certificate-didnt-help-him-thais-warned-they-are-next/

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 10:24:13 AM »
As I said on another forum, he should have been deported.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »
not Going to happen, Foreigners yes, Thais NO. Have already an example in our local village, Thai Woman came back from BKK recently and is just walking around the village with NO Mask and eating and drinking with the other locals in the local Shops!!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 10:50:55 AM »
Here the link of that article in Thai

https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/764594

Offline Pichai

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2020, 12:33:54 PM »
Very Good suggestion for even more cleaning of all the toilets. (Several times each day) Yes we are OPEN today and will do whatever to serve customers. The on line orders have shot up, and phone in orders have increased. I am delighted to say our long delayed order of Solar panels arrived this morning at the store in Buriram. We won't sell to other shops, only to our retail customers who are installing DC submersible well pumps, DC surface pumps, or solar power on a farm.I just took two phone orders from customers who have building projects in Udon and they will pick up building materials today at our store'  Unfortunately it seems Global House, Thai Watsadu, Home Mart, Do Home are not open in Udon Thani. We are taking this day by day, yet there are options if in the future, the front door closes to be able to serve house builders, contractors and home owners in Buriram. Mr. Bob posting for Mr. Pichai.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2020, 09:42:33 AM »
Ruangsangthai Buriram Home Builders Merchants is OPEN March 25. This is Bob posting for Mr. Pichai. I have been told that the Buriram Thai Watsadu | Buriram Global House are temporarily closed. When I spoke this morning with Mr. Pichai he said it is "day by day" and he is in contact with Buriram Government officials. I am proud to say that the store staff are repairing water pumps and other critical machines. Plumbers are also installing and repairing solar DC Solar water pumps, Hot Water heaters, deep well submersible water pumps, surface water pumps and petrol water pumps each day we can remain open. If we are closed at the front gate later in the week, I will announce it on Buriram Expats. I realize people often drive a great distance to obtain tools and home building materials. Delivery might be an option as curbside pick up might be an option going forward. 061-028-9292 is a mobile number with English speaking staff you may call during normal store hours for any questions. If you come to the hardware store, staff will encourage you to wash your hands and will check your temperature.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick