{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: lockdown  (Read 54261 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: lockdown
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2020, 11:51:38 PM »
Your write their, Smithy. Holes in the glass house. 5555

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »
Back to the Lockdown news .

I went to do my weekly shopping at TESCO today and as normal I took my own shopping bags and face mask .
Now when you enter TESCO , not only do you have to have your mask on and your temperature checked but now you either have to be registered on an online app on your telephone or write down your contact details on a form as your enter .Plus you must log out when you leave.
I have seen reports they have been doing this in the big Shopping Malls in Pattaya and Bangkok but surly there is no need for all this in a small local Tesco in the back of beyond ???
I always oblige with a smile as there is no point in telling the staff that maybe this is all over the top as they are only doing as they are told
When is all this craziness going to end  loco

Even though I think its over top all these precautions I still comply .You never know there could be a million to one chance of catching Covid-19 and dying here in Thailand ....and an email could have warned or saved you .
I only have an internet connection on my phone at home ( wifi ) so I signed in with my email address and name . I did see on one of the forums I read  sometimes that some idiot ( thinking he was clever ) said " I sign in as Mickey Mouse (in English) so no-one can read it OR just ignore it all and walk on in. "  Well if you are going to sign in why not use your real details ffs.
I have read that some say it a "infringement of civil liberties" or "it's just like 1984" but at the end of the day it is there for everyone's benefit and writing down your name is hardly like wearing an ankle bracelet or being micro chipped....is it    :)

Offline Smithy

« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »
Your write their, Smithy. Holes in the glass house. 5555

But as they say  ( 7 months ago , not 4 years  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) ........ as someone posted " I guess you got this very often and now you want to show it to others. "  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:02:15 AM by Smithy »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2020, 11:15:00 AM »

I did see on one of the forums I read  sometimes that some idiot ( thinking he was clever ) said " I sign in as Mickey Mouse (in English) so no-one can read it OR just ignore it all and walk on in. "  Well if you are going to sign in why not use your real details ffs.

Oh Dear  ...it looks like other local Expats see it the same way as I did  smilenod

https://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/x-all-that.27435/page-2

Offline Smithy

Offline Smithy

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2020, 02:50:23 PM »
Thai Cabinet officially extends emergency decree for another month until end of June..click here

No surprise really  ::) ...Thailand need to get this Covid-19 under full control !!!  wildman

Offline Smithy

« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »
CDC Confirms Extremely Low COVID-19 Death Rate... click here

Quote .....  Most people are more likely to wind up six feet under because of almost anything else under the sun other than COVID-19. ::)

Offline Smithy

« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »

I did see on one of the forums I read  sometimes that some idiot ( thinking he was clever ) said " I sign in as Mickey Mouse (in English) so no-one can read it OR just ignore it all and walk on in. "  Well if you are going to sign in why not use your real details ffs.

Oh Dear  ...it looks like other local Expats see it the same way as I did  smilenod

He  ( Ivor the Engine / Staff Admin ) posts something  that makes him look stupid and then says he only did it as a 'ruse'  to get an to get a reaction and as a trap to get someone to post or comment about him ....LOL ( if you believe that your believe anything )  :D :D :D

Offline Smithy

« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2020, 05:27:29 PM »
The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is a world scandal

More and more reports coming out like this  :o

The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is a world scandal

There is still not a shred of real proof that the planet's reckless stay-at-home experiment made any difference

We have detonated the global economy to pursue a lockdown experiment that may not have worked, according to the latest evidence. This diabolical revelation should be a world scandal. It should also be a sobering moment of enlightenment for Britain, as we seek to salvage our economy while learning lessons on how to better protect the vulnerable. Instead the Covid narrative becomes ever more surreal.

The broadcast media is more interested in scalping lockdown flouters than questioning whether shutdowns have served any useful purpose. World-class studies that suggest lockdown did not alter the pandemic?s course are mysteriously vanishing into internet obscurity on first contact with the official narrative. Our greatest minds have resorted to unpicking the issue on offbeat YouTube webinars. No global NGO or lockdown country has launched an investigation into their impact.

This is a scandal so overwhelming that there is only one good place to start: the evidence as it stands. In accordance with pro-lockdown theory, if stay at home orders worked, you might have expected to see daily deaths spike 3-4 weeks after such measures were implemented. (Studies estimate Covid has a symptom-free incubation period of rougly five days, and fatalities typically die 2-3 weeks after showing symptoms.) But, in Britain, infections may have peaked a week before lockdown, according to Prof Carl Heneghan of Oxford University, with daily deaths in hospitals plateauing a fortnight after it was introduced. We are not an anomaly: peak dates across Europe also seem to confound the official theory.

Don?t just take my word for it. A University of the East Anglia study posits that Europe's ?stay-at-home policies? were not effective. A JP Morgan investigation suggests the virus ?likely has its own dynamics? which are ?unrelated to often inconsistent lockdown measures?. But such insights have failed to induce even the vaguest quiver of serious mainstream debate.

Nobel prize-winning mathematician Michael Levitt has fared little better, despite his valiant one-man effort to expose the inconvenient truth about Covid numbers. He has claimed, sensationally, that the modelling that justified lockdown made the fatally incorrect assumption that Covid-19?s spread is continuously exponential. In fact, his research has found an uncanny pattern across numerous countries whereby the virus grows exponentially for two weeks, before slowing seemingly irrespective of lockdown and social distancing measures.
In a more sensible world, such findings might stir thoughtful debate about whether Covid was burning out naturally before lockdowns began. It might also prompt a global effort to put other pieces of the puzzle together ? for example, establishing whether there is a correlation between countries with high death rates and countries that failed to protect care homes. (They make up half of fatalities in Belgium, which has suffered the worst Covid death toll per capita).

But as the holes in Project Lockdown multiply, its advocates flap incoherently to keep their theory afloat. Not least in Britain, where the goal of lockdown lurches from ?flattening the curve? to staving off a ?second wave? ? to, apparently, averting the first wave?s ?second peak?. But if the UK?s hunger for second wave speculation has proved insatiable, the raw data is disappointingly bland: with countries across Asia, Europe and beyond opening up, the only countries experiencing material second waves are... Iran and Djibouti, where data lacks reliability to say the least.

The poorest look set to pay the highest price for lockdown hysteria: while half of people on ?10 per hour face the sack, deprived areas in the North are predicted to be the worst hit by soaring joblessness. Meanwhile, in Italy, industrial jobs collapse and Spain?s endemic poverty spirals into an existential calamity.

Such too is the tragic arc of Covid-19?s story in the global south, where following in the West?s footsteps could yet ravage the vulnerable. Take Brazil. Western media?s relentless narrative that the country is gripped by an unprecedented coronavirus catastrophe because President Bolsonaro has been belligerently sceptical of lockdown is misleading. In fact, with deaths per million still five times lower than in Britain, and an economy weeks from total collapse, there is perhaps time yet for the West to lead a humanitarian effort to help Brazil and other Latin American countries.

We should be doing everything we can to help them isolate their vulnerable, placing them in Covid-free facilities if necessary, while the healthy carry on. Instead the WHO, in its disgraceful 25 May press conference, effectively sold poorer countries a defeatist half-truth: in the absence of ?tremendous capacities? for measures like track and trace, their only hope is full-scale lockdown.

Which brings us to the central reality of this crisis, almost too horrific to consider: that the truth will out when it?s all too late. Is that now really the best we can hope for?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2020, 04:02:03 PM »

Richard Barrow in Thailand
Page Liked ? 1 hr ?

Air Asia has announced that they will start flying between Bangkok and Buriram in Northeastern Thailand from Monday 1st June 2020. They will fly four times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays and return to Bangkok on the same days.

* It is your responsibility to find out in advance if your destination has quarantine or not. There are also some destinations that do not allow foreigners who don?t live or work there. I have heard from some people who were refused boarding even though they had a valid ticket. Sadly the airlines don?t seem to be helping much. They just seem keen to sell you the tickets.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2020, 08:28:37 PM »

He  ( Ivor the Engine / Staff Admin ) posts something  that makes him look stupid and then says he only did it as a 'ruse'  to get an to get a reaction and as a trap to get someone to post or comment about him ....LOL ( if you believe that your believe anything )  :D :D :D

I wouldn't worry about it A Smithy (nearly used your real name then but I have more decorum). You know what he is like. Most people that know him know what he is like. Those that know both of you know exactly what he does and why he does it.

He has tried it with many people and it usually back fires on him. He tried to take the piss out of me for ordaining, it back fired. Many times, when my wife owned BuriramPieMan, he tried to undermine things, it backfired. Most times he has had a go at you it has back fired. Remember he used to try and spread rumours that you were poor and could not go out anywhere? Well....who is now retired and enjoying life and who is working????Huge backfire.

I could go on but won't. The truth is that when one lies they have to remember what they lied about. Nobody needs to remember the truth as that is what it is. Time to move on. Let him dig his own grave, he hardly needs help.

Anyway...LOCKDOWN. Any news on the alcohol ban?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »
Like most things in Thailand.......you can get it if you want it.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2020, 09:27:58 PM »

All sorted then. Flights to Buriram, alcohol.......just need flights to Suvannaphumi, health insurance, health certificate, letter from Thai embassy in London (closed) and I am good to go. 555.

Lots of good beer here. Honest Graft, Hobgoblin, Bombardier, Guinness, IPAs and all for only a pound per 500ml can. Just need some Thai chilli to keep the non drinkers happy. 555

Offline Smithy

« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it A Smithy (nearly used your real name then but I have more decorum).

Yes .....he's always Doxing me ( Doxing for those that dont know means is to publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent. ) I always though people used Nicks so they could remain anonymous if they wished .He would be the first to be up in arm if I or someone posted his real name , address and telephone number ( all things he has done to me in the past ) on internet forums . This is done by someone that is a Moderator and Admin on SF , someone that should know better  chairhit
I think he thinks he is being clever , but it just makes him look a bigger c**** then he is already , he's just to stupid to realize it  :biggrin: :biggrin:

I dont drink, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage for those that do in our Village  rolleyesbar

Offline Smithy

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM