{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: yellow book  (Read 9083 times)

Offline GEOFFREY

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: yellow book
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 08:43:31 PM »
Thank you for your response to my queries BEER LEO
indeed after reading the benefits i can clearly see it as a worthwhile book to have
proof of residency alone can go a long way to prove you do live somewhere that can't be disputed
best wishes geoff

Tassie

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 01:28:33 AM »
Thank you Beer Leo for the comprehensive information.
Regards

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »
As Beer leo has indicated, there are some amphurs that are reluctant to issue the yellow book. Not sure who one can complain to when this happens.

When one eventually obtains the Yellow Book, then the next move is to apply for the Pink ID Card at the amphur office. It is very similar to the Thai ID Card, everything is written in Thai, and it is valid for 5 years unless one is aged over 60, when it is valid for life. There is much information online about this card, and anyone interested should Google it.

Technically it is only permissable to use the card in the province where it was issued, but I have used mine in Bangkok and elsewhere when checking into hotels or flying with domestic airlines where passoports are not required. It will also (usually) allow admittance to national Parks and other places that have dual pricing,  for the Thai admission price.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 08:10:20 AM »
I have also used mine in Bangkok and elsewhere but in Buriram airport air Asia or NOK I forget which refuses it saying the card is only good in Buriram (so I say where the hell do you think we are which only pissed him off!) So I had an English speaking Thai Professor read the back of the card and was told what it says is that it is good to use everywhere BUT if you move from Buriram you must get a new card in your new province. Also my name is written in Thai language on the card but boarding pass is in English. They accept driver license with no problem.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 08:12:39 AM »
I have also used mine in Bangkok and elsewhere but in Buriram airport air Asia or NOK I forget which refuses it saying the card is only good in Buriram (so I say where the hell do you think we are which only pissed him off!) So I had an English speaking Thai Professor read the back of the card and was told what it says is that it is good to use everywhere BUT if you move from Buriram you must get a new card in your new province. Also my name is written in Thai language on the card but boarding pass is in English. They accept driver license with no problem.

Nok Air refused my card at Buriram airport, but acceopted it for the return flight from Don Meuang.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick