{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Extension of O-A Visa based on marriage  (Read 16971 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Extension of O-A Visa based on marriage
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2019, 03:46:11 PM »
I was there yesterday inquiring re extension for an O base on marriage and he insisted i get a copy of the Kor Ror 2 (proof of current marriage) on the day of application along with the bank requirements,  Most likely the same IO , im going to be wasting the whole day me thinks

My extension based on marriage is due soon, I am going to get the Kr2 the day before I am going to Immigration, but the Bank Letter I will get the same day as going to Immigration. The Bank letter requirement on same day has (AFAIK) always been asked for by them.

Will see what they say about the 1 day late KR2.

Offline Wozza

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
Agree , thats what I intend to do , he did give me some advice ,"start the day early" DOH!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
I think this will be the last time I am going the Marriage route, next year will be extension based on Retirement buuuuuuuuutttttttt I also said that last year.

I wonder what they think of next, Kr2 can only be 10 minutes old (you could have gotten a divorce in the mean time (555555555).

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2019, 09:24:14 AM »
Some questions please.

I am just short of 100k in my Fixed Deposit account to qualify for the Retirement extension (so 700k in the account instead of the 800K required)

1- I understand that the money needs to be seasoned 3 months before applying. Correct?
2- Would an option be, going across to Laos getting a Single (or ME) Entry NON-O (based on Marriage) and then when the money is in the bank for 3 months, apply for the extension (retirement)? Will that work?

3- Or?? Any other suggestions/remarks?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2019, 12:15:10 PM »
Some questions please.

I am just short of 100k in my Fixed Deposit account to qualify for the Retirement extension (so 700k in the account instead of the 800K required)

1- I understand that the money needs to be seasoned 3 months before applying. Correct?
2- Would an option be, going across to Laos getting a Single (or ME) Entry NON-O (based on Marriage) and then when the money is in the bank for 3 months, apply for the extension (retirement)? Will that work?

3- Or?? Any other suggestions/remarks?

60 days seasoning if it is your first then 90 days each year after. As for for Savannakhet that a BIG 10-4. Imo get the 12 month multy based on marriage good for 15 months.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2019, 01:01:08 PM »
Thx GL,

Very clear.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »
@Wozza

Someone told me that you also can get the KR2 done at the (Main) Immigration Office building on the 4th Floor.

Maybe another member can confirm this?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2019, 07:02:12 PM »
@Wozza

Someone told me that you also can get the KR2 done at the (Main) Immigration Office building on the 4th Floor.

Maybe another member can confirm this?

A KR2 can be had at any amphora office in Thailand regardless of where it was originally registered.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »
Yep true, but if as wozza says you need to get a Kr2 on the same day as you are going to go to Immigration it?s worthwhile to check it if you also can get it at the source (read: Immigration office building)

Way easier IMHO (i am not 100% sure if you can get it there, that?s why I asked for confirmation from another member ;) )
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 07:15:45 PM by iammike »

Offline Wozza

• Contributor with future
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »
A
 few months ago i went to Buriram castle office and go inside and no ones there ,i wait what seemed for ever then the IO comes in and apologising to have me wait , he said he went to check if a farang was still married , I didnt ask.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »
Yep true, but if as wozza says you need to get a Kr2 on the same day as you are going to go to Immigration it?s worthwhile to check it if you also can get it at the source (read: Immigration office building)

Way easier IMHO (i am not 100% sure if you can get it there, that?s why I asked for confirmation from another member ;) )

Quite a few recent reports have suggested that the IO at the office by the stadium is prone to making his own rules. The post above, from Tassie, would seem to back that suggestion. There have been no announcements from any immigration office that money needs to be shown every 3 months for an extension based on marriage.

There have been reports that there is the facility to acquire a KR2 at City Hall. I do know for a fact that some departments of Amphoe Muang have moved to that building so it would seem likely.

@iammike....you say that you do not have 800k in the bank and then you speak about getting a Non O based on marriage. Why not just apply for an extension based on marriage? Your bank balance is sufficient already. No need to wait and no need to go to Savannakhet. Go to the immigration at City Hall and apply. Show them the same documents that you used last year. I think you will be fine.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2019, 08:01:11 PM »
Having re read my post I may have been a little unclear. When I said "same documents as last year" I was referring to the list of documents. I obviously should have added you will need an updated bank letter and KR2. Sorry for any confusion.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2019, 07:12:40 AM »
@iammike....you say that you do not have 800k in the bank and then you speak about getting a Non O based on marriage. Why not just apply for an extension based on marriage? Your bank balance is sufficient already. No need to wait and no need to go to Savannakhet. Go to the immigration at City Hall and apply. Show them the same documents that you used last year. I think you will be fine.

I am now on a extension based on Marriage, but my question was how to change to a extension based on Retirement because I am short on the necessary funds (800k) in my Fixed Deposit.

So that's why the question!

I would like to change to Extension based on Retirement, because it's lot less hassle and you don't have to wait 1 (or is it 2 months now?) for the decision to come back to you when you go the Marriage extension route.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2019, 10:52:32 PM »
I can confirm  that you can go upstairs at city hall and get kr2 updated within 10 minutes. Far better than waiting half day at the Amphoe which is what it takes in Lamplaimat.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 03:53:25 PM »
Just done the extension based on Marriage at Buriram Immigration

The KR2 can be a MAXIMUM of 1 day old, so get it today and got to Immigration tomorrow or as DD (DeputyDavid) said, you can get it on the 4th Floor of the building where the Main Immigration office is.

Please note: This is Buriram IO specific.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick