{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Extension of O-A Visa based on marriage  (Read 17004 times)

Offline alans

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Extension of O-A Visa based on marriage
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 04:36:04 PM »
When it comes time to apply for the extension of stay, I will have well over 12 months of 65,000 baht per month going into my Thai bank account.

Offline Bob

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 05:07:09 PM »
as people said you are the best.
So what was your original question?

Offline alans

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »
It started off as a question about monthly finances, but had you read the whole stream you would have seen that. I don't try to be the best, but I try to do what's expected to stay in this country. Responses like yours aren't appreciated, didn't you like the response I gave to your "captain obvious" statement.

Offline Bob

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 07:43:14 PM »
I am sorry man. Please, forgive me. I am a newby here as well.
However:: you have 2 options for the extension of stay:
1) You would need to have a solid deposit (800k/400k) keep with a Thai Bank
or
2) Monthly deposits of your pension (65k baht every month) 
The letters days are over.
If you have it you are good to go.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:57:04 PM by Bob »

Offline alans

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 07:45:46 PM »
Thank you.

Offline fishy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 10:27:22 AM »
Can anyone confirm that deposits from TransferWise (from Australia) into Bank of Bangkok are still showing as an International Transfer and also is Burriram Imm accepting the deposits for an extension  of Non Imm O. I am considering changing from the 800,000bht/400,000 method. I am 1.5hrs drive to the Imm office and if the above questions are accepted by them I will drive in and confirm with them. I am also looking at using the combination method of deposits and bank book balance to total the 800,000bht for the extension. I believe some IO's are accepting the combination method and I want to be clear on how to do it before I start.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:31:14 AM by fishy »

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »
Can anyone confirm that deposits from TransferWise (from Australia) into Bank of Bangkok are still showing as an International Transfer and also is Burriram Imm accepting the deposits for an extension  of Non Imm O. I am considering changing from the 800,000bht/400,000 method. I am 1.5hrs drive to the Imm office and if the above questions are accepted by them I will drive in and confirm with them. I am also looking at using the combination method of deposits and bank book balance to total the 800,000bht for the extension. I believe some IO's are accepting the combination method and I want to be clear on how to do it before I start.
Have been getting my ducks in a row on this very thing (USA).  Requirements vary slightly between BI and BI-Castle offices (preferred).
Very important points - bank account in your name only (not joint). Have used TransferWise from US; excellent experience and transfers show up at BB as International Transfer.  If transferring 40,000/mo., bank book must show 2 months prior to extension filing.  My drive is similar, from Lahan Sai area. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:53:58 PM by BillH52 »

Offline fishy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 09:26:24 PM »
BillH, You have made my day with your reply. I am seriously looking at going down the path of monthly transfers rather than using the 800K/400k Bht locked up in the bank. I have used Transfewise before.I would not have a problem recommending them. I did an international transfer last week from my (Australian) bank (ANZ) to compare fees cross rates etc sending AUD not THB. This was on a recommendation from a friend who has been doing this for the past 7 years or so. From my comparison cash at Vasu won followed by TransferWise .025% lower and my Oz bank .3% lower than Vasu. TransferWise is only just behind bringing hard cash over here.

Just to clarify your post. Is BI-(castle) the Immigration office>> Burriram Immigration- (Stadium)? The second immigration office?

If transferring 40,000/mo bank book must show 2 months prior to extension filling. Can you explain a bit more... is this 40,000 Thai Baht THB.

I am trying to use the combination method next year (extension) as my bank book is already loaded with BHT. I just want to spend the money rather than have the money locked up in the bank. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:42:12 PM by fishy »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 01:29:49 AM »
BillH, You have made my day with your reply. I am seriously looking at going down the path of monthly transfers rather than using the 800K/400k Bht locked up in the bank. I have used Transfewise before.I would not have a problem recommending them. I did an international transfer last week from my (Australian) bank (ANZ) to compare fees cross rates etc sending AUD not THB. This was on a recommendation from a friend who has been doing this for the past 7 years or so. From my comparison cash at Vasu won followed by TransferWise .025% lower and my Oz bank .3% lower than Vasu. TransferWise is only just behind bringing hard cash over here.

Just to clarify your post. Is BI-(castle) the Immigration office>> Burriram Immigration- (Stadium)? The second immigration office?

If transferring 40,000/mo bank book must show 2 months prior to extension filling. Can you explain a bit more... is this 40,000 Thai Baht THB.

I am trying to use the combination method next year (extension) as my bank book is already loaded with BHT. I just want to spend the money rather than have the money locked up in the bank. 

If using monthly transfers of 40k, immigration will want to see a year worth of transfers.

If using marriage as a reason for an extension (you did quote 40k monthly transfers), the combination method cannot be used. If I have got the wrong end of the stick and you are extending by way of retirement, the monthly transfers must show 65k. I have heard of Buriram Immigration not accepting the combo method for retirement extensions.

The 400k for a marriage extension is not locked up for long. In most cases you only need the money in the bank for 2 months prior to application. Some offices ask for the money to remain in the bank for the duration of the 30 days "under consideration" period also. So a total of only 3 months.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:34:22 AM by Starman »

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 07:04:00 AM »
"Just to clarify your post. Is BI-(castle) the Immigration office>> Burriram Immigration- (Stadium)? The second immigration office?"

My preferred office is BI-Castle (McDonalds, KFC, Stadium)  vs the Immigration office (east of Buriram on 226), 3rd floor. 
My understanding is, if you are in Thailand on extensions, you must show 12 months of 40,000 deposits.  Don't know anything about a possible combination system and would rely on Starman's input.

Offline jmcet

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »
I was at BI a week ago just to clarify if combination was acceptable. Answer: DEFINATE NO. 800K/65K or 400K/40K for one year.
However they will allow combination of 2 accounts if both are in your name only. IE: THB account and FCD. They were not very friendly about anything and the "supposed chief" spoke no English or at least claimed she did not.

Tassie

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2019, 02:24:40 AM »
I got my one year extension on my non O visa at the Buriram B I Castle  Immigration Office, yesterday.  I was told that the new government policy is that every 3 months when you seek to extend you must show proof of your bank account.  This used to be only once per year at the time of the yearly extension.  There seems to be far too much duplication in all the Thai Immigration processes as most of the information they require is already on their computers.  I really do think they are trying to get rid of expats, for what absurd reason I do not know. No Thai that I personally know receives a salary of 40,000 to 65,000 baht per month or hold 400,000 to 800,000 in a Thai bank account. Could it be jealousy, racism, stupidity?
Regards
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 02:28:29 AM by Tassie »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
I got my one year extension on my non O visa at the Buriram B I Castle  Immigration Office, yesterday.  I was told that the new government policy is that every 3 months when you seek to extend you must show proof of your bank account.  This used to be only once per year at the time of the yearly extension.  There seems to be far too much duplication in all the Thai Immigration processes as most of the information they require is already on their computers.  I really do think they are trying to get rid of expats, for what absurd reason I do not know. No Thai that I personally know receives a salary of 40,000 to 65,000 baht per month or hold 400,000 to 800,000 in a Thai bank account. Could it be jealousy, racism, stupidity?
Regards

I'm guessing there was something lost in translation there.

The government have made no such announcement.

There has often been a difference in when to season money with regards to extensions based on marriage. Some offices apply the general rule, 2 months, but some ask for 3 months. My guess is that he was saying the money must be kn the bank 3 months prior to extension.

Tassie

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
No, he spoke good English and when I asked him again  he  replied, yes, every three months from now on, not once a year.  The definition of confusion is Thailand. He volunteered the information first as I did not have any reason to initially ask him.  I do hope that there was indeed a lost in translation episode.
Regards

Offline Wozza

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2019, 03:30:51 PM »
I was there yesterday inquiring re extension for an O base on marriage and he insisted i get a copy of the Kor Ror 2 (proof of current marriage) on the day of application along with the bank requirements,  Most likely the same IO , im going to be wasting the whole day me thinks

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick