{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Extension of O-A Visa  (Read 9020 times)

Offline fishy

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Extension of O-A Visa
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2019, 10:16:00 PM »
Banging my head against the wall!!! I did my 90 day report in Burriram today. I am aware of latest criteria to meet the extension of stay cooking 800K bht 2 months prior to extension and 3 months after then cannot go below the 400K Bht limit for the rest of year. Me being me I asked my Thai missus to question the IO about what is required to extend my visa thinking I know the answer anyway but just checking... The problem starts here!!!.. Response from Immigration.. You need 800kBht in bank 3 months prior to extension!!!??? You can not go below 400K Bht in your bank account... Nothing said about having the 800K Bht cooking in bank 3 months after the extension is granted...  . I will comply with the new rules and can also comply with the old rules at the same time but this shit is head banging trying to comply with what the rules are!!!!

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »
Banging my head against the wall!!! I did my 90 day report in Burriram today. I am aware of latest criteria to meet the extension of stay cooking 800K bht 2 months prior to extension and 3 months after then cannot go below the 400K Bht limit for the rest of year. Me being me I asked my Thai missus to question the IO about what is required to extend my visa thinking I know the answer anyway but just checking... The problem starts here!!!.. Response from Immigration.. You need 800kBht in bank 3 months prior to extension!!!??? You can not go below 400K Bht in your bank account... Nothing said about having the 800K Bht cooking in bank 3 months after the extension is granted...  . I will comply with the new rules and can also comply with the old rules at the same time but this shit is head banging trying to comply with what the rules are!!!!

You could politely point them in the direction of this:

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »
Also, here is the link to the Immigration website and the page showing the changes in Thai.

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d1b2d57790945166d324c35

Tassie

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
I have an O visa based on marriage.  See immigration about changing from O - A visa to O visa based on marriage.  Less hastles.
Regards

Offline Bob

• Contributor with future
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2019, 12:48:28 PM »
It has been said and confirmed by TW many times  , every Provincial Imm Office has it's own little difference in the rules (and complains do not work usually). In Buriram they want: 800K 3 months prior (on the day you apply), 3 months after the day you get it. and the same: no low then 400k after. 800K 3 months prior for the next ext.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2019, 01:42:09 PM »
It has been said and confirmed by TW many times  , every Provincial Imm Office has it's own little difference in the rules (and complains do not work usually). In Buriram they want: 800K 3 months prior (on the day you apply), 3 months after the day you get it. and the same: no low then 400k after. 800K 3 months prior for the next ext.

Not according to Fishy. He said no mention of 3 months after.

The new rules were only introduced on March 1st. The date that nationals of US/UK/AUS and Denmark can still use an embassy income affidavit has also only just passed.

I would think that the new rules will trickle through eventually.

Offline Bob

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2019, 04:31:13 PM »
If the question was not lost in translation (or Thai's minds specifics): "Nothing said about having the 800K Bht cooking in bank 3 months after the extension is granted."
It is not the answer on a simple question.
The answer should be either: "No, you do not need 3 months after" or "Yes, you do need 3 months after" .

"the new rules will trickle through eventually." - Agree

Offline fishy

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2019, 09:35:10 PM »
Thanx guys for reply's.. I printed out the new orders and showed the missus saying these are the rules. She say no... he make rules!!!

The only thing the IO said you cannot go below 400k Thb for the year. There was no mention of cooking the 800k Thb 3 months after the extension is granted.

I am about to dip below the 400K Thb on my current extension of stay. My next renewal of extension is in January 2020. From what I have read the new rules do not apply until your new extension application i.e. there is a grandfather clause for existing extension holders so the new rules are not enforced until application of the next extension. I hope I am right on this!

I have timed my trip back to Oz for a holiday and also to cash up for the next year which I will be able to meet both the old rules and new. I will not have to report again to Burriram Imm until my next extension of stay is due. 

Has anybody here had issues going under 400k THB in bank with their renewal application since March 1st??

Offline blackcow

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2019, 08:04:45 AM »

Good luck going under the 400k. You might not get an extension next time.
There is a RULE, not an old rule or a new rule.
O-A visa extension, 800k for three months after approval and 400k ever after. That is what you need to know.
When back in OZ apply for a Non O for marriage and take it from there.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2019, 08:14:56 AM »

Good luck going under the 400k. You might not get an extension next time.
There is a RULE, not an old rule or a new rule.
O-A visa extension, 800k for three months after approval and 400k ever after. That is what you need to know.
When back in OZ apply for a Non O for marriage and take it from there.

An extension based on being over 50 (AKA known as retirement extension) can be done on an "O" or and "O-A".

Fishy's most recent extension was issued under the old police order. That did not include a rule that the money cannot dip below 400k. Neither did it have the rule that 800k must stay in the bank for 3 months after.

The new rules are only applicable to extensions of stay issued after 1st March 2019.

Offline Gerry

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2019, 09:00:37 AM »
Thanx guys for reply's.. I printed out the new orders and showed the missus saying these are the rules. She say no... he make rules!!!

The only thing the IO said you cannot go below 400k Thb for the year. There was no mention of cooking the 800k Thb 3 months after the extension is granted.

I am about to dip below the 400K Thb on my current extension of stay. My next renewal of extension is in January 2020. From what I have read the new rules do not apply until your new extension application i.e. there is a grandfather clause for existing extension holders so the new rules are not enforced until application of the next extension. I hope I am right on this!

I have timed my trip back to Oz for a holiday and also to cash up for the next year which I will be able to meet both the old rules and new. I will not have to report again to Burriram Imm until my next extension of stay is due. 

Has anybody here had issues going under 400k THB in bank with their renewal application since March 1st??

This is an issue I have seen before.

Expat cannot speak Thai so asks his or girlfriend to speak for him. She either does not understand the system or will not stand up to the officer.

My wife would take that form and show them and ask why things are different. By the sounds of it she may have to in February.

I think you should try to do this too.

Offline alans

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »
All these chats refer to having 800,00 in the bank, what are Buriram Immigrations requirements re the minimum monthly income of 65,000 baht, meaning what proof is required? Also have any recent extension seekers been asked about health insurance?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:58:20 AM by alans »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
All these chats refer to having 800,00 in the bank, what are Buriram Immigrations requirements re the minimum monthly income of 65,000 baht, meaning what proof is required? Also have any recent extension seekers been asked about health insurance?

You NEED to show at least 65k entering your Thai bank from a foreign country every month. 63k this month and 67k next month does not work. It MUST be at least 65k every month. You can show this by asking your bank to issue 1 year of bank statements. As mentioned many times before, requirements differ from office to office and even officer to officer. Good idea to check with them first.

The recent stories about health insurance has nothing to do with extensions.

The requirement for health insurance was only when applying for a new O-A visa in your home country. This was supposed to be effective from 1st July but is yet to be implemented.

Offline alans

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2019, 12:28:04 PM »
Thank you.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy