{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: SFH Have Won !!!  (Read 10610 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: SFH Have Won !!!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »

The police won't act until there is a complaint.

My wife, along with one witness, at the police station solved the issue. If your wife and a couple of villagers make a stand the problem will be solved.

Really don't want to get into this again, but as said in a previous post, it's only us that would complain other villagers couldn't be bothered !! And that is something we will not do on our own. (I think you know why, if not I gladly will explain it to you in a PM)

Up to you, as they say.

I and my wife would not, actually did not, allow an arsehole playing loud music to drive us away from our family home that has been paid for with hard earned cash.

Since the event the guy in question has become the bad guy and other villagers have become united in stopping things like this happening again.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 06:18:42 PM »

Up to you, as they say.

I and my wife would not, actually did not, allow an arsehole playing loud music to drive us away from our family home that has been paid for with hard earned cash.

Since the event the guy in question has become the bad guy and other villagers have become united in stopping things like this happening again.

Good for you, but there (in our case) are some issues why other people in the village would not join us in a case against this guy. so we choose to move out. We could have stayed, but for my sanity we moved out.

Not every case (village) is the same, but fortunately it worked for you.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »
Update:

We are still looking for a rental BUT it will be only Temporary (1 year or less) because we have decided to move and build another house far far far away from the SFH. Just kidding it's only 18kms so not really that far away where the SFH are ;) 555555

Ooh you might say but you also have the chance of the SFH near there, yes correct, but were we bought the land (around 3 years ago) there are in the near vicinity of the land 2 foreigners living and they have told us that it's quiet (oke except for the Weddings or other party's but that is NORMAL here in LOS and totally acceptable)

We also went there at different times during the day (night, evening, early morning, afternoon) on several occasions and it was quiet. The only "LOUD" noise you could hear during the night were Kites which make a Noise which what I understand is because that noise scares away insects, because in the area a lot of vegetables and melons have been planted.

The land itself is 3,5 Rai, with approx 2 rai reserved for the House etc etc and 1,5 Rai for water overflow from nearby fields which then go into a lake.

For the time being we often flee to our 4x5m rental apartment when the SFH are in full swing, but lets hope that this new build brings us some desperately needed Piece and quiet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:37:07 PM by iammike »

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2020, 08:22:17 AM »
Best of luck. Tranquility on the horizon!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2020, 10:31:38 AM »
Thx DD yes let's hope so.

Any luck on the Water Softener issue?

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2020, 07:26:43 AM »
Yes!  Had to use two resin tanks and got the type of resin that needs regeneration every week but now water tests show nearly zero hardness.

Offline Bob

• Contributor with future
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
Just wondering guys.
How much it would be to build a really small Thai style house on 2 rai (power and water next to)?
Just a ball park numbers. Any suggestions/projects/contractors? 30 kms souths of Bury?

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »
Really small is relative....if you are talking one bedroom, living/dining area, Thai style kitchen, not insulated with jus5 rendered block walls, roof panels rather than tiles and steel windows then it can be done us8n* local village builders for a very low price......maybe as low as 400k but would be basic.

I?ve known locals do something basic with single bedroom for as low as 200k.

It really depends on what you want and what you can be happy with.

Worth noting and without sounding critical of the rural locals. If it is for your GFs Mother or something like that then I would suggest you keep the budget as low as possible until you see and understand how the property is cleaned and maintained. Improvements can always be made at a later date once you are comfortable tat the property is being looked after and is appreciated.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 03:01:25 PM »
Yes!  Had to use two resin tanks and got the type of resin that needs regeneration every week but now water tests show nearly zero hardness.

Glad to here that, for the new house build I will need your advice then, because the only option there is a Deep Water Well and what I have been told it's hard water. "Soap doesn't even foam" is what they said;)

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2020, 07:48:53 AM »
No problem. Best advice is to have water tested to see where you are. The response from the supplier of tanks and resin is posted below:

For very hard water 590 mg/liter (CaCo3 Calcium Carbonate),
1 time  every 7 days of regeneration process is need ( 10% of Sodium Chloride NaCl by volume of Resin)

There are Calcium Carbonate = 3000 x590 = 1,770,000 mg  or 1,770 g  In  3000 Liter of raw water
To catch 10 g  (CaCo3) need resin 1 liter
(CaCo3) 1,770 g  need Resin 177 liter

You need at least 177 Liter of resin.
Now you have 12x52 contain 75 liter of resin.
At first please try 12x52 one more tank of resin.
For Dowex HCR-S resin  we have for sell, 1 bag 25 liter  ฿2,150-

Offline mudcat

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2020, 09:34:17 AM »
This a village+ home we built for our son and daughter-in-law last year.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/90191999@N06/sets/72157705630795894/
My wife notes that the pad should have been raised one or two block heights.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2020, 04:11:17 PM »
Before we even begun there is already a delay of 3+ weeks.

Reason: We just went to our local Tessaban and they need a detailed plan of the WALL (not the HOUSE, but the WALL) we are going to build before they can issue a permit.

Plus and that is a Major Pain in the ...., we need to get signatures of all people who live around the land/own land next to ours. And some people live in BKK and they only come to there, once or so a year.

House Plan is the one I thought off, but not a Wall Plan :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:13:52 PM by iammike »

Offline Bob

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2020, 12:45:01 PM »
Love the house plan, only I prefer Thai style bathroom and kitchen (outside). but this is what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick