{Advertisements}

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Automotives / Vehicles / Motorbikes / Re: Yamaha XSR for sale
« Last post by finnomick on March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM »
Many thanks.
Automotives / Vehicles / Motorbikes / Re: Yamaha XSR for sale
« Last post by Mod on March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM »
Send photos to me I will resize for you.

My email modexpats@gmail.com.
Automotives / Vehicles / Motorbikes / Yamaha XSR for sale
« Last post by finnomick on March 03, 2024, 07:53:28 PM »
March 2022 Yamaha XSR for sale. Extras fitted at Yamaha are engine crash bars and daytime riding lights. Only 395kms. Matt black. Asking price is 70,000 baht.We are approximately 11 kms due south of Prakhon Chai.
Mick 0902624781 English
Jen  0847667122 Thai and English

Pictures on request - files too large and i don't know how to reduce them  :)
Real Estate / Re: House for sale Lamplaimat
« Last post by Wayne from Aus on March 03, 2024, 05:27:57 AM »
Congratulations on your sale of the house. Lamplaimat is a nice area to live too.
General Discussion / Re: Visa PRoblem
« Last post by Gerry on February 24, 2024, 11:47:56 PM »
I don't understand "application is open for two years". Is that the agent that said that?

At what stage is the application? Has your friend paid the application fee? The IHS supplement payment?

If not, just tell the agency to do one. Wait for the lady to pass the test, and start again. The test certificate is good for at least a year, maybe two, I can't remember.

« Last post by andy on February 24, 2024, 09:37:39 PM »
Hi Gerry.

Thank you for reply and I agree 100% with you in regards to visa shops / agencies.

Anyway we found out the visa application is open for 2 years, so I just hope my friend's wife can learn some English; I thought her English was OK, as it's better than 99% of the Thai English teachers in Thailand (and that includes the fake farang English teachers, which are now everywhere).  She can retake the English test as many times as she likes, I suppose it just depends how deep my friend's pockets are or until he gets fed up of coughing up good money after bad.
« Last post by Gerry on February 24, 2024, 06:36:43 PM »
Hoping someone can help on a visa problem?
My friend has been trying to get his Thai wife a UK residency visa; however, the only part she's having a problem with is the English exam (she's failed it twice, everything else has gone through ok).  Also, she is doing this application through a visa company; however, the visa company is not much use, as all they seem to want is more and more money.
So the question is (actually two questions), does anyone know how many times you can resit the English test or if there's a time limit on the visa application?
Thank you.

Visa companies don't seem to help much. Everyone I know that's applied for a UK visa did it DIY. There is no reason they should be asking for more money for a failed English test. Ditch them.

I've never heard of a failed English test. They are easy for A1 level. Very simple English. I don't recall there being a maximum number of retakes. If she really can't pass, she's going to have great difficulty in UK.

General Discussion / Visa PRoblem
« Last post by andy on February 23, 2024, 04:49:29 AM »
Hoping someone can help on a visa problem?
My friend has been trying to get his Thai wife a UK residency visa; however, the only part she's having a problem with is the English exam (she's failed it twice, everything else has gone through ok).  Also, she is doing this application through a visa company; however, the visa company is not much use, as all they seem to want is more and more money.
So the question is (actually two questions), does anyone know how many times you can resit the English test or if there's a time limit on the visa application?
Thank you.
@Urleft, is there a fee at the receiving bank for OFX transfers? I ask as there are no such charges for Wise transfers.

No, I got exactly what OFX quoted at SCB. 

Thinking the one you mentioned is the one where you pay Thai government 50,000 Baht; meaning, you don't get it back.

That's 31000 Baht more than annual extensions.

Just wiped out the difference in money transfers, and more.

@Urleft, is there a fee at the receiving bank for OFX transfers? I ask as there are no such charges for Wise transfers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 03, 2024, 07:53:28 PM

Re: House for sale Lamplaimat by Wayne from Aus
March 03, 2024, 05:27:57 AM