{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Air Asia (DMK International OUTBOUND question)  (Read 9255 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Air Asia (DMK International OUTBOUND question)
« on: December 13, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

question please

We are going to Singapore for Christmas and New Years (among other things because we want to escape the WW2 barrage of Sound that is going to hit the village during that time. (Why Thais don't care about their Eardrums, but that's another discussion ;) ))

Has anyone recently flown Air Asia (International) at Don Muang and how was the Check-in ??
How long did it take approx ?
How long were the Immigration queues going out (and coming back) ?

Just wanna guesstimate how much time we need for check-in and Immigration.

Thx in advance, really appreciated

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Air Asia (DMK International OUTBOUND question)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:00:59 AM »
Mike. AA has a good number of check in desks at DMK, and I would think you would be checked in, in under 20 min's. But I would check in online, print off your boarding passes and go to one of the online check in/bag drop lines it will be quicker there. As for security and border control on the way out, it's a bit of a lottery, sometimes it's ramming, others it's much quieter. Worse case 35/40 mins should see you through.
Same applies on the way in, luck of the draw as to how many International flights have arrived close to your arrival time. Also how many officers are maning the desk's, never enough in my opinion.
When deciding on which queue to join, at Immigration both in and out avoid any lines with famlies with kids.
Good luck, and safe travels. Enjoy.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
Thanks @Mahdam.

Unfortunately we don't have the Premium Flex tickets (just waste of money as we only fly with 1 check-in Luggage (and they charge for 2) but for convenience it's worth it) and thus can't use the dedicated line for this.

I will check the online check-in, I thought you couldn't use it when you have check-in luggage?

Offline mahdam

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
Thanks @Mahdam.

Unfortunately we don't have the Premium Flex tickets (just waste of money as we only fly with 1 check-in Luggage (and they charge for 2) but for convenience it's worth it) and thus can't use the dedicated line for this.

I will check the online check-in, I thought you couldn't use it when you have check-in luggage?
You can still use the " bag drop" desk's Mike, lot's of info online. Just do a search for Airasia "bag drop" or something and you will get all the answers. Most airlines now offer this service. You still have to present your passport to the girl, and she will likely issue you with another boarding pass? but it is still a quicker line.
I fly Airasia a lot, but only with a cabin bag. Check in online from 14 days before, print my boarding pass, and go direct to passport control, Very simple. If you have any problems when at the Airport Airasia always have a lot of staff manning the lines who are there to assist you. I think the answer to your original question is, allow yourself plenty of time. Better to spend an hour "airside" having a coffe than panicking because you are late and you arrive to find the place is ramming!!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 04:09:27 PM »
Thx !

Will do. Our flight leaves @11am and we will make sure that we are there at around 8-830am, that is no problem as we are sleeping (as usual) in the Hotel across the road from the Airport. ;)

Edit: I will let you know how it went.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:15:09 PM by iammike »

Offline mahdam

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 04:29:41 PM »
Thx !

Will do. Our flight leaves @11am and we will make sure that we are there at around 8-830am, that is no problem as we are sleeping (as usual) in the Hotel across the road from the Airport. ;)
That's the way to do it, stress free! And the Amari is in my opinion the only place to stay for early flights from DMK.
Enjoy.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »
Thx !

That's the way to do it, stress free! And the Amari is in my opinion the only place to stay for early flights from DMK.
Enjoy.

Forget breakfast at the Amari..overpriced, unless included in the room rate. Try the "Bridge" the restaurant up the stairs from the Amari going to the airport. Good food good prices. For those there later 11am-2pm an excellent buffet

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 05:54:53 AM »
Should have said that the "Bridge" is owned by Amari.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:29 AM »
Thx @PKNick.

We never eat Breakfast there, but we always order Room Service, Wifey really loves their Croissants. What's better to wake up with Coffee (also quiet good) and Croissants. ;)

About The Bridge, walked past there many times but never tried it (no idea why) will have to try it
(But I doubt on not this trip)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 12:27:35 PM »
Is this still OK to directly to passport control? I was told by someone that you still needed to go to the machine and print off one of Air Asia's boarding passes.

My wife and I are travelling to Siem Reap in January. We will only arrive at DM 1 and a half hours before flight time. Being able to go directly to passport control would obviously make things a lot easier.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:31:11 PM by Starman »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »
Is this still OK to directly to passport control? I was told by someone that you still needed to go to the machine and print off one of Air Asia's boarding passes.

My wife and I are travelling to Siem Reap in January. We will only arrive at DM 1 and a half hours before flight time. Being able to go directly to passport control would obviously make things a lot easier.

My 2 children are studying in Bangkok and have flown back to Buriram several times recently (as have I) on Air Asia. The boarding pass downloaded and printed off is fine. Nothing else needed.

Note however that with Air Asia, online check-in for flights to and from Thailand is now 10 days before (previously 14)   Nok Air is only 24 hours before!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 12:38:30 PM »

My 2 children are studying in Bangkok and have flown back to Buriram several times recently (as have I) on Air Asia. The boarding pass downloaded and printed off is fine. Nothing else needed.

Note however that with Air Asia, online check-in for flights to and from Thailand is now 10 days before (previously 14)   Nok Air is only 24 hours before!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Nick.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »
Thx to all who replied, but because of some Health Issues we made the difficult choice that we are not going.

It's a shame as everything was prepaid, train to BKK, Hotel in BKK, Plane to SIN <->, Apartment in SIN, Plane back to Buriram etc etc.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy and Prosperous 2019.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »
Thx to all who replied, but because of some Health Issues we made the difficult choice that we are not going.

It's a shame as everything was prepaid, train to BKK, Hotel in BKK, Plane to SIN <->, Apartment in SIN, Plane back to Buriram etc etc.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy and Prosperous 2019.

Very sorry to hear that Mike. Health must come before everything else. Hope the local noise is not too much of an issue.

A very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy and Prosperous 2019 to you  and your family too.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »
Thx Nick, really appreciated.

Staying in the Village is NOT an option (if you don't wanna turn deaf ;)) so we will be staying in a Hotel in Krasang for a couple of days and for the New Year at a friends house. (Hotel is booked solid from the 30th-1st))

Adding insult to injury, the serviced apartment we booked just send an (automated) email to remind us about the check-in. 55555555

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick