{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Land Cost  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Conor

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Land Cost
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:26:45 PM »
What?s a rough price for a 400sqm plot of land about 15 mins from Prakhon Chai and an hour from Buriram? I?m guessing 220,000 is very expensive

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
Re: Land Cost
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »
If it's rural land..more like  an average of 80 K thb per Rai..(1600sqm)...if it's on a road or some sort of path, with electrics  i suppose ( not knowing the land ) no more than 150K to 200 K a rai, but can be a lot cheaper too...more..no way..i can find something else..

This is for plain rice land to be filled up yet.

if you give us a picture and location it is so much easier.

Big roads..and other landmarks and infrastructure can  change these numbers...

But yes 220.000 is way too much..you can buy a rai at less than 5 km of Buriram city for this money
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 04:19:13 PM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Conor

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
Thanks, it has a small road going through the village with electric etc. Im planning to build a house on it.

The main road is Highway 24, the land is about 3km south of that and pretty much right on the border with Surin. The only landmarks I can see on google maps is Ban Prasat Samakee School & Wat Prasat Silaram, both of which are a few hundred meters away, if that helps.

The land doesn't have a Chanotte either and whatever Title Deed it did have has been lost and they are trying to get a new one.....

As it belongs to family they seem to think they can just name their own price

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »
What?s a rough price for a 400sqm plot of land about 15 mins from Prakhon Chai and an hour from Buriram? I?m guessing 220,000 is very expensive

1/4 Rai plot in a village......offer them 75k -100K if it's is really where you want to live .

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »
Sounds like an overpriced big headache if you ask me.....a long story with a disapointing outcome and loss of money.
The deed i s wrong and missing..Not easy to fix and many pits along the way....alarmbells are ringing..Only buy Chanoet..( freehold )..The only safe way.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:14:17 PM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:13:48 AM »
If it's rural land..more like  an average of 80 K thb per Rai..(1600sqm)...if it's on a road or some sort of path, with electrics  i suppose ( not knowing the land ) no more than 150K to 200 K a rai, but can be a lot cheaper too...more..no way..i can find something else..

This is for plain rice land to be filled up yet.

if you give us a picture and location it is so much easier.

Big roads..and other landmarks and infrastructure can  change these numbers...

But yes 220.000 is way too much..you can buy a rai at less than 5 km of Buriram city for this money

Most farmland in tha Prakhonchai area (unfilled) is going for 200,000bt/rai and up. The days of 80,000bt/rai are long gone

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 06:18:35 AM »
Similar in my area. I'm exactly 5km from the centre of Lam Plaimat (Hinclon, Non Tacrong). Land midway between the town and where we live is 250-300k rai. Or at least, that's the asking price.

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:47 PM »
Those 80 k days are still very much alive and here.  No problem finding this in rural area's

Any other area around Buriram, good place to build a home for yourself for instance.... i can find many Rai for roughly 200 K   . All at no more than 5 minutes drive of city centre.....Dunno sure why PrakonChai would be so much more expensive than Buriram city,, but these prices i tell you have all been land plots offered to me. personally in the last 4 months.
So  am convinced it is a normal rate....

Come to buriram so much cheaper than.....:) 

GL to OP
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 02:49:52 PM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Conor

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 02:48:02 PM »
I would prefer to live closer to the city and being further away from the family would also be a major bonus.....

PM me if you know of any plots still available, I'll be there from the 12th and will be good to look at other options

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 03:36:24 PM »
Those 80 k days are still very much alive and here.  No problem finding this in rural area's

Any other area around Buriram, good place to build a home for yourself for instance.... i can find many Rai for roughly 200 K   . All at no more than 5 minutes drive of city centre.....Dunno sure why PrakonChai would be so much more expensive than Buriram city,, but these prices i tell you have all been land plots offered to me. personally in the last 4 months.

GL to OP

"Rural" is not 5kms from Buriram.

Tassie

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 04:31:17 PM »
The value of anything is only what you are prepared to pay for it.  Thais love to really inflate the price of real estate especially if it is offered to non Thais.  Thais also like to show off to their friends and neighbours by telling them that their land is worth so much.  Never pay the amount they tell you it is worth.  Use common sence. Play hardball in your negotiations.  Most rural Thais, as far as money is concerned, have the arse out of the back of their pants.  Most are stone cold broke, many on the brink of forfeture to the bank or other lenders.  There is always room to negotiate. Good luck.
Regards

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »

GL to OP

"Rural" is not 5kms from Buriram.
Nope it isn't ..80 K was for rural in the area  the O.P. originally was asking about   ...15 Km of prakonChai and 1 hour of buriram....Around the city here 200 to 300 K....a little further out 150 to 200 K.  Anything inside the ringroad..and the area's next to the 218 / 219 /2074   ..a completely different story and much higher prices. That's all i know out of my own experience..Of course there is so much more for sale that i've never seen and might feel completely opposite of what i am stating now...TIT
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:12:10 PM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »
I would prefer to live closer to the city and being further away from the family would also be a major bonus.....

Wise Man  thumbup

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 07:40:09 PM »

Wise Man  thumbup

If they''re close, they visit. If they're distant, they stay!

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »

Wise Man  thumbup

The pros and cons of living near to your family is all about how your wife handles the situation. If she is strong and appreciates that you are her husband and you have your own things and lives to lead there will be no problems. All but 4 of my wife's 14 uncles and aunts live within 200 yards of us. Mum in law lives in a property on our land. 20 or so cousins also live in the village. Dad in law lives just on the outskirts of the village in a house that we once shared with him for 6 years.

Nothing goes missing, no people coming in to look in the fridge, no money being given out, no one just coming round to sit in the house. All because my wife has made it clear that we are just another part of the family and should be respected and treated that way.

In fact I would go as far to say that it is nice to be near the family. It has helped me to integrate and be part of it. That in turn has helped me be accepted as part of the family too.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick