{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Samsung audio optical output does not function HELP (please)  (Read 6859 times)

Offline notrub

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
I have 2 Samsung NU7300 55" TVs and 2 pairs of Edifier R1280DB speakers and 2 Asus PCs.  The TV and speakers both have optical audio connector sockets.  The optical output worked on the first one and then stopped months ago.  The new TV setup (in the gym room) did not work at first and I changed all values to PCM in both TVs.  Then I changed the HDMI connector to the second socket in the new one and the optical connection worked.  Tried the same thing on the older one with no luck.  The Edifier speakers work with bluetooth on the computer but bluetooth is not included on the NU7300 TVs.  The TV sound functions on both units and show up on the 2 PCs as the default player device.  Both TVs are connected to the PCs as an extension viewing screen. I tried putting a bluetooth dongle into the USB socket on the TV but had no luck with that either.  I have reset TV factory setting with no luck.  Any ideas please?  Thank you  (I don't know if this is the correct place to put my request for help, is there another forum section that is more appropriate?)

Offline Anthony

Re: Samsung audio optical output does not function HELP (please)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 01:12:48 PM »
Hi,

Just to clarify, both setups are identical. Asus desktop computer connected to a TV via HDMI and both TVs have sound from their internal speakers. The external speakers are connected to the TV via optical SPDIF cable. One set of speakers has sound, but the other doesn't.

1. My Samsung TV sound menu has a speaker setting to set internal or external speaker output - does yours?
2. Swap the working optical cable with the suspect one (and vice-versa) to eliminate a duff optical cable.
3. Swap the speakers too if the above makes no difference.
4. If none of the above help, you could use a not ideal workaround with a stereo jack plug to the speaker RCA sockets directly from the computer.

Hope it helps...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:15:53 PM by Anthony »

Offline notrub

• Contributor with future
Re: Samsung audio optical output does not function HELP (please)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »
Thank you.  I have tried most things and will try a cable swap now too.  I did get them working but the sound was stuttering from the TV.
 A person suggested that if I am only viewing movies from my computer why not us the BT from the PC to the speakers.  Am doing that now and it works well.  No stuttering.  If I want to look at the programs on the TV I can just use the TV sound.  Why are 'smart TVs' so stupid?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick