{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Immigration Visit  (Read 11454 times)

Tassie

Re: Immigration Visit
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 07:17:15 AM »
It is very possible that anyone who has had problems with Thai immigration paints a target on their chest or some jealous person has dobbed you in to Thai immigration.  I hope nothing negative has happened by their visit.
Regards

Offline secosteve

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
The vast majority of those people using agents to obtain a visa extension do so because they do not fit the criteria for obtaining a proper one, although some do so for convenience. If you do not fit the criteria then you should not be allowed to remain in the country, it is people who scam the system that causes problems for those that are here legitimately. It is not just visa extensions  but other visa scams also contribute, probably far more.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
Agree Secosteve. They cause the problem and then those of us doing things the right way become a focus because easy targets.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 01:38:16 AM »
So, immigration arrive at my house unannounced, I'm 5 minutes down the road helping a friend build a terrace, the wife calls me and I arrive in work clothes covered in dust, cement etc.
a proble or not???????

If they call unannounced just say your out for the day and can they make an appointment when its more suitable . You hear barroom stories about guys getting taken in for questioning for painting their houses or helping the wife on the familey farm but the chances of that heppening or getting into trouble for helping a friend in nearly zero.

Agree Secosteve. They cause the problem and then those of us doing things the right way become a focus because easy targets.
As I've said before .it could be stopped overnoght if they wanted too and I think it has very litttle to do with House visits.secosteve first one in 11 years roves that .
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:53:34 AM by Smithy »

Offline lindsaywarden6

• Contributor with future
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 06:26:50 AM »
I got a call at 11am while out shopping yesterday saying a visit will be made no later than 2pm and I needed to provide copies of passport and tabien baan. No problem but, of course, at 5.15pm got another call saying we on the way and at Raka intersection Krasang - I moved from that area three years ago and only this month my wife again registered me at the current address during a retirement extension.  They wanted to talk to wife again but she was at the local shop. Eventually they decided it was too late and that they MAY visit at another time.

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 12:43:51 PM »
They always want a copy of my wife's ID, but she is the person on my yellow book.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
A strange one yesterday.

The assistant village headman came round to say that he had received a call from Buriram police. I needed to go to the station with my wife. We needed to take my passport, my wife's ID card and house book.

At the station we located the officer that wanted to see us. Upon his desk he had a letter from Kap Cheong, now Surin, immigration. The letter stated that they were concerned that I was not showing up on Buriram Immigration's computer files. Why had I not ever reported at Buriram? Was I still here? The police officer was as confused as I was. I showed him my passport with stamps from Buriram in them. We did note that my name was wrong on the letter. They had my name in the order of "Surname,middle name, first name". This, I guess is where the problem laid. They were searching for the wrong name.

Anyway, the police were happy with everything. They gave us a letter that confirmed I lived at the address registered and asked us to go and present the letter to Buriram Immigration. We went straight there. I was fearing the possibility of a fine for not reporting address. Nothing. We showed the letter, my wife showed her ID card and I showed my passport. All done and dusted in 5 minutes and no fine.

I am reporting this as a heads up. It seems there is some kind of auditing going on at Surin Immigration and there are cross checks being done to make sure people are still here and have the correct permission to stay.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:43:56 AM by Starman »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
A strange one yesterday.

The assistant village headman came round to say that he had received a call from Buriram police. I needed to go to the station with my wife. We needed to take my passport, my wife's ID card and house book.

Normally when it's something trivial they ask YOU to go to the Station and YOU do all the running around to sort out their problem , but if they thought there was money to be made you'ld have 2 Cars and 4 BiB at your door at a flash.  blink1

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »
A strange one yesterday.

Normally when it's something trivial they ask YOU to go to the Station and YOU do all the running around to sort out their problem , but if they thought there was money to be made you'ld have 2 Cars and 4 BiB at your door at a flash.  blink1

I would have to disagree. As far as they knew I could have been on years of overstay. They had no way of knowing what the situation was.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 12:41:59 PM »
A strange one yesterday.

I would have to disagree. As far as they knew I could have been on years of overstay. They had no way of knowing what the situation was.
If they had thought you had been on a years overstay i hardly think they would ask the Village Headman to poodle round and ask you to pop into the station  biggrin1 .......on 2nd thoughts maybe they would  :laugh:

Offline Smithy

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »
Quote from: smithy
As I've said before .it could be stopped overnoght if they wanted too and I think it has very litttle to do with House visits.secosteve first one in 11 years roves that .

Looks like finally this new Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn is trying to stop it...well at Bangkok anyway  ::)

https://m.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1552150/2-senior-officials-transferred-over-visa-scam?refer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »
A strange one yesterday.

At the station we located the officer that wanted to see us. Upon his desk he had a letter from Kap Cheong, now Surin, immigration. The letter stated that they were concerned that I was not showing up on Buriram Immigration's computer files. Why had I not ever reported at Buriram? Was I still here? The police officer was as confused as I was. I showed him my passport with stamps from Buriram in them. We did note that my name was wrong on the letter. They had my name in the order of "Surname,middle name, first name". This, I guess is where the problem laid. They were searching for the wrong name.

Anyway, the police were happy with everything. They gave us a letter that confirmed I lived at the address registered and asked us to go and present the letter to Buriram Immigration. We went straight there. I was fearing the possibility of a fine for not reporting address. Nothing. We showed the letter, my wife showed her ID card and I showed my passport. All done and dusted in 5 minutes and no fine.

I am reporting this as a heads up. It seems there is some kind of auditing going on at Surin Immigration and there are cross checks being done to make sure people are still here and have the correct permission to stay.

I had half an hour warning of a visit 2 or 3 months ago by 2 Immigration officers.....one I had seen before in Kap Choeng.

They said that the new boss wanted to know where all the Farangs were in Surin/Buriram - because at the moment they had no idea.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »

I had half an hour warning of a visit 2 or 3 months ago by 2 Immigration officers.....one I had seen before in Kap Choeng.

They said that the new boss wanted to know where all the Farangs were in Surin/Buriram - because at the moment they had no idea.

Oke, what's then the use of the Tm30 form that they are pushing to get and you even get fined if you don't have one in your Passport ?? But then again T.i.T. ;)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 06:55:25 AM »
New boss has space for a couple more medals on his chest. Will be on TV by Christmas being commended for cleaning up the province.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick