{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: TM30  (Read 12092 times)

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: TM30
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »
@ Freddy

Just out of curiosity, which Honda Big wing did you have the drama with, Korat or Buriram?

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
TM30 is suppose to be used every time you stay away from your registered house! i.e. you stay somewhere else, even for 1 day and come back. the house/hotel you stay at is, by law, required to register you as staying there! It is so they can keep track of Alien movements in Thailand.

Everytime I have a holiday somewhere else in Thailand, I visit the immigration office within 24 hours with a completed TM30 form to register as being back home. we can now do this online, although, not been away since being able to do so.  :biggrin:

Offline Smithy

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »
Everytime I have a holiday somewhere else in Thailand, I visit the immigration office within 24 hours with a completed TM30 form to register as being back home. we can now do this online, although, not been away since being able to do so.  :biggrin:

I'm fairly sure if everybody did as was stated by the rules they would soon get #issed off with the extra workload ...................so lets do it  thumbup

http://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 11:45:07 AM »
TM30 is suppose to be used every time you stay away from your registered house! i.e. you stay somewhere else, even for 1 day and come back. the house/hotel you stay at is, by law, required to register you as staying there! It is so they can keep track of Alien movements in Thailand.

It has been reported a couple of times that Buriram Immigration are not interested in reporting after a trip within Thailand.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 06:45:06 PM »
@ Freddy

Just out of curiosity, which Honda Big wing did you have the drama with, Korat or Buriram?

Buriram. Apart from that the service was great.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 09:17:14 AM »

It has been reported a couple of times that Buriram Immigration are not interested in reporting after a trip within Thailand.

Not what khun Arcade told us at my recent extension renewal - exactly the opposite. He said "not required" after returning from an overseas trip.

Offline maraudingscot

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 11:21:35 AM »
 :-\

Not what khun Arcade told us at my recent extension renewal - exactly the opposite. He said "not required" after returning from an overseas trip.

:-\ lol I was told to do it on line!! If I can remember how to do it :(

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 11:37:53 AM »

@Coco

Maybe both then. The reports I know Immigration were only asked about trips within Thailand. I have heard of other immigration offices saying that only a permanent change of address would mean a new TM30 was required.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 12:30:36 PM »
TBH this whole TM30 thing is a bit of a joke , although the rules are set out quite clearly it is always down to the discretion of the IO you sit in-front of on whether he wants to try and make a few baht out of you or not .
The rules state "  It?s the owner that will be fined, so the overall responsibility is with the owner of the house you are staying in."......so if you are asked to pay a fine I would say " Go and see the owner as it his/her responsibility not mine "
Even though you can register on the owners behalf will also need a signed proxy from the owner stating that he/she gives you permission to act on their behalf. !!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:41:24 PM by Smithy »

Offline maraudingscot

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »
TBH this whole TM30 thing is a bit of a joke , although the rules are set out quite clearly it is always down to the discretion of the IO you sit in-front of on whether he wants to try and make a few baht out of you or not .
The rules state "  It?s the owner that will be fined, so the overall responsibility is with the owner of the house you are staying in."......so if you are asked to pay a fine I would say " Go and see the owner as it his/her responsibility not mine "
Even though you can register on the owners behalf will also need a signed proxy from the owner stating that he/she gives you permission to act on their behalf. !!!

chairhit
The owner of the property is the wife, which means I would pay in the end lol

brick1
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:34:55 PM by Mod »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 04:15:18 PM »

chairhit
The owner of the property is the wife, which means I would pay in the end lol

brick1

Yes I understand that . :biggrin:

But as Freddy has said

However, then another officer sitting at end desk on right plonks a TM 30 form in front of me and tells me I have to register as not on system, 300 baht to register. Been here 4 years on retirement extension, had a house visit, done 13-15 90 day reports and I'm sure I must have filled out a TM30 previously.

Unless he has worded his post wrong  ( and his wife was with him ) it's not down to him to register and NO money should have been asked of him !!, plus did he have signed proxy from his wife giving him permission to do so ??  ;)

Offline Somnat

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
@ Freddy

Buriram. Apart from that the service was great.

Thanks Freddy.

I had similar problems with Big wing Korat a couple of years ago. I did not have a Yellow Book, which wouldn't have made any difference. as they would only accept an Embassy COR !!!!!! I asked about an Immigration or Police COR, No go. They were quite happy to put the bike in my wife's name, which we did.

bike038 bike038 bike038

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 05:57:06 AM »
My wife wasn't with me at the immigration office and I filled in and signed all sections of the TM30.

i was in Big Wing yesterday and my wife was with me. They have all the paperwork they asked for now but my wife once again asked why they had needed it. Apparently the bike is going to be in my name and her I'd, Housebook and the COR was needed as some sort of guarantee.

I'm not convinced. Will see when I go to get the plate a green book in a couple of weeks.

Gotta say they seem to be very disorganised at Big Wing. After purchasing I ordered and fitted rear LED indicator and tail lights to tidy up the back end a bit. What I didn't know is that because of the low power draw from LEDs the relay thinks the bulb has failed or blown so you get hyper flash on the indicators. Having done some research it just means changing the relay that is under the tank. So last week I went to Big Wing, had them fit a couple of other bits and discussed the relay. I also have some bar end mirrors to fit. No problem they said, will order the relay and bring back next week.
Asked yesterday, has the relay arrived. What relay, the relay for the indicators I reply.
Boss spoke to mechanic who had done last weeks work. No relay ordered. Will order now, will be here Saturday. Great thanks, call me when it arrives and I'll bring the bike in next week. What day shall I come I ask. Come Saturday they say. I can't come Saturday I reply, I can come Monday or Tuesday. OK they say , up to you.
Just pulling away on the truck and the Manager runs out. Need you to pay for the relay now. OK, no problem how much. 530 baht. I hand over the money and wait. Blank looks from the staff. I ask for a receipt, no receipt they say, relay not from us we get from another company. Doesn't matter where you get it from I say, I've given you money and I want a receipt. Can't do they say, we have to go buy and you get receipt from company we buy from.

Maybe not here but Honda do a big range of LED replacement lights in other countries so shouldn't be a big thing. When I got Home I called the company I bought the LEDs from. They are a big custom place in Bangkok with several branches in Thailand.
Ask about the relay and they say we don't sell because fast indicators no problem here and people like because makes bike more noticeable. Not sure I agree but that was the answer.

Appreciate now well of the subject of TM30 (apologies for that). Just amazes me that these places are so disorganised. Big Wing in Buriram is a small dealership but packed with staff behind the desks, on the floor and in the workshop. Decent management badly needed.

On a more positive note the promise free gift of a Go Pro had arrived and they're not cheap. Not the latest model ( Hero 4) but 10,000 baht worth I think.

Offline Wozza

• Contributor with future
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 08:41:19 PM »
Hello
Been visiting Thailand for the last 15 years around 4 times per year and have now retired full time to Buriram on an O.A visa, I arrived yesterday and the Mrs took me straight to Immigration to report where I was staying,(first time ever) my place of course. , took a number sat down and was called up immediately. he said you dont report she does. okee then , so she did and we were out of there in 15 minutes , They were very polite and with a bit of humour thrown in.  I hope to meet some of the B.E regulars around town. Wozza.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 09:20:05 AM »
On Wednesday afternoon I was sitting with some gentlemen and partaking in some light refreshment. The subject of TM30 came up. Out of 7 people, 2 had never registered. The 5 that had all said that they were told by immigration that there was no need to register again, even if they left the country and returned, unless there was a change of address.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick