{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Drinking water -Tanker delivery  (Read 7422 times)

Offline pagan1

• Contributor with future
Drinking water -Tanker delivery
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »
Does anyone have a phone number for a drinking water tanker who operates in the Prakhon Chai / Prassat area.
For years our guy turned up in his small little tanker and just pumped water into our big Chinese jars (storage pots). I am being told that the phone number for our guy no longer works and there is no one else does this job anymore.
I appreciate that there is an ever increasing number of home filtration systems but given the number of villages off the 24 I struggle to accept that there is no one doing tanker deliveries .......................... or am I wrong should we mourn the demise of the last drinking water tanker delivery man in Buriram / Surin (perhaps the whole of Thailand).
If you know different and have a contact please let me know the phone number
Thanks

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Drinking water -Tanker delivery
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 04:41:46 PM »
Sorry can't help as I think too far away.

But I wouldn't mourn the demise of them as in our area Lam Duan/ Krasang we know of a least 2 guys that do Drinking Water Deliveries, we regularly get one (450 THB fof 4500 Liters) because we use that water also to shower as In the dry season we run out of rain water to shower (We are working on expanding the rain water storage). (Mains water here is just too dirty and well water don't even wanna discuss that one ;) )

I know that during the rainy season it's difficult for (some of) them to operate because after each rain storm they have to clean out their well and that takes them a couple of hours.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:45:48 PM by iammike »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
Sorry can't help as I think too far away.

But I wouldn't mourn the demise of them as in our area Lam Duan/ Krasang we know of a least 2 guys that do Drinking Water Deliveries, we regularly get one (450 THB fof 4500 Liters) because we use that water also to shower as In the dry season we run out of rain water to shower (We are working on expanding the rain water storage). (Mains water here is just too dirty and well water don't even wanna discuss that one ;) )

I know that during the rainy season it's difficult for (some of) them to operate because after each rain storm they have to clean out their well and that takes them a couple of hours.
We had the same problem-dirty mains water, when available.

We sank a deep bore 42metres, installed a deep well pump, and have had unlimited clean water  for the past 15 years. Cost 14,000baht - only fractionally more these days I believe.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:10:35 PM »
Thx, but We have a well (mentioned in my post that I don?t even wanna talk about it) which is 4x meters deep.

We tried to use that water for the house, but it?s IMHO no good, we have filters, sediment, paper filters (5-10 micron which we change regularly) and also even have seperate Big carbon and resin filters, but for shower it?s absolutely NO GOOD, we tried it many times and we had to suck out the supply of our underground water tank (which supplies the house) also many times (to exchange it for rain water) as it was unusable  so we stopped using it.

Now that well water is only in use to add water to our fish pond and they  seem to like it ;)

BIL lives approx 200 meters away also has a well and his well water is as Salty as can be, ours isn?t but stil unusable to use.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »
Even with 40000 liters of storage we run out of rain water as well. In America at the house I have it costs about 60,000 USD to drill through all the rock so we went with Rainwater collection. The tank is 25000 gallons. I checked here if there was a similar storage system available and there is but it costs more than double what the 3000 liter water tanks cost. Granted water delivery here is much cheaper but you could certainly consider a large tank but it definitely comes at a price.

We have a well here also. The water is so hard you need to chisel it off the wall of the shower. No salt though. I put together a good filter and water softener system and it works great.

Ruangsangthai has a contractor that can put together a similar system for you and I believe they will soon stock the rock salt needed for the softener as well.

I went to one of the other big name stores that sell water softeners and they told me to go buy table salt!  Clearly no clue!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:31:54 PM by DeputyDavid »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »
Thanks @DD

At the moment we use 6x 2500 liter UV safe Tanks (bought for approx 8k THB each) (they are linked) which are normally used to stored drinking water to store our rain water/delivery water.

We stopped using those ?simple? Blue tanks as algae growth was out of control and before that we used concrete ?ongs? but that was a real disaster :(. Want to expand to 10-15 tanks but space is limited as wifey loves her garden biggrin ;)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 08:39:59 PM »
@DD

I HAVE bought the RST water softener system (Carbon / Resin)  but it doesn?t put a dent in that water from the well, so stopped using that water

Before the well water hits the tank (which supplies the house) it goes through 2 paper (5-10 micron) filter, sediment filter, then carbon and then resin (which are regularly back washed)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:42:39 PM by iammike »

Offline pagan1

• Contributor with future
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
Gents
Many thanks for the replies so far. Interesting to hear others issues.
 We have a couple of wells but the water is so hard it makes any idea of a pristine bathroom impossible. There are plans to install a village main and it will be interesting to see how that performs.
With regards to the drinking water I will look at filtration systems over the next few months but something of the throwback in me kinda likes keeping the water in the Chinese jars and the fact that an old guy delivers it in his little tanker. No doubt the HSE types are already scribling out risk assessments on this arrangement but it has worked fine for years.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
@pagan1

For drinking water I fully agree to keep getting that delivery truck. That water is very good. I had ours tested and it came out oke.

Mains waters so/so

Keeping that drinking water in Chinese jars is oke as my BIL also does it but think about changing it to Plastic tanks which are rated for drinking water safe, no algea growth etc and more importantly a lid which you can securly close and thus you don?t have mossies or other insects invade your supply

Good Luck

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 08:53:28 PM »
Mike it sounds like you and I went through the same process. It is interesting though I wanted a 40 meter well put in and the well driller really didn?t wand to go further than 30 because he said he had hit water 3 times by the time he got to 30 and that if I go to 40 meters I would probably hit salt water. So we stopped at 30 meters and the driller doubled his warranty!

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 09:01:31 PM »
For our shower, toilet, kitchen washing up we have plastic storage tanks that fill from mains and/or rain water and the get filtered through a system provided by Ruangsangthai.
For drinking water we just buy the 6 packs from Makro although at 47baht for 9 litres nowhere as cheap as the tanker delivery option which does operate in our area.

Offline fishy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »
Long story short.. I put a bore down to 30mt. We where originally getting water from a well with about something like 3,000lt available until it filled up again. The well water was discoloured brown with sediment and even though washing clothes was clean they took on the brown colour. We used a reverse osmosis filter for cooking/drinking although I never drank the water myself as the primary filter was chocked with sediment. 65,000bht later the 30mt bore is as clean as! I eat my hat as I did not think it would work. I have not had the water tested for residual chemicals or shit (which is in every water supply.. e-collie). You are going to die one day anyway! The primary filter in the reverse osmosis is still clean after 5 months of use. Note.. I am in a good area to put a bore down. The operator of the bore drilling machine (yes I know this is Thailand) guaranteed if he did not find water there would be no cost... Another Note.. He used water divining to locate where to put the bore down. The spot he picked just happened to be a few meters away from  a 220AC power supply.!!!

Looking back good money spent.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM