{Advertisements}

Poll

HELP REQUIRED FOR THAI NATIONAL

WHO WOULD SHE CONTACT
0 (0%)
WHERE WOULD SHE GO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: THAI LADY VISIT TO UK  (Read 6857 times)

Offline GEOFFREY

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
THAI LADY VISIT TO UK
« on: April 06, 2018, 10:41:57 AM »
HI IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A THAI NATIONAL TO VISIT UK FOR A HOLIDAY
WITHOUT HAVING TO RELY ON FERANG HELP
IF SO WHERE WOULD THEY GO IN BURIRAM  TO SEEK HELP PLEASE

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: THAI LADY VISIT TO UK
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
A Thai travel agent might be a good first step.  My Daughter has been to the UK in 2017 as part of a school program. Thank you, Mr. Pichai.

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »
Not a snowballs chance in hell I'm afraid.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
Yes, it is possible.

There are financial restrictions she will need to adhere to.

Best place to contact would by the Britiah consular visa services department in Bangkok.

Offline mahdam

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »
Yes, it is possible.

Herein lies the problem Geoff. She has to have a sponsor.
Unless she is minted, or related to Royalty, as i said before. No chance!
In 2005 and again in 2006 I managed to get a visit visa for my GF at the time, now Wife. They will want to know the in's and out's of a cat's ass, about where she will stay, is that accomodation suitable, and a host of other questions.Also they will want proof of her sponsors finances, and above all that she will be asked to prove beyond all doubt that she has reason to return  when or before the visa expires.
Does she have land in her name? Does she have her own business, and books to show? Does she have considerable funds in the bank? If not then good luck with it.
Also please avoid the visa agencies thaf will promise the earth and deliver nothing but a huge bill.
Make sure you have all your Ducks in a row before embarking on this journey, it will be long frustrating and bloody expensive.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:58:25 PM by Mod »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 04:12:12 PM »
Yes, it is possible.

In 2005 and again in 2006 I managed to get a visit visa for my GF at the time, now Wife. They will want to know the in's and out's of a cat's ass, about where she will stay, is that accomodation suitable, and a host of other questions.Also they will want proof of her sponsors finances, and above all that she will be asked to prove beyond all doubt that she has reason to return  when or before the visa expires.
Does she have land in her name? Does she have her own business, and books to show? Does she have considerable funds in the bank? If not then good luck with it.
Also please avoid the visa agencies thaf will promise the earth and deliver nothing but a huge bill.
Make sure you have all your Ducks in a row before embarking on this journey, it will be long frustrating and bloody expensive.

The principal requirements for admission to the UK as a visitor are that the applicant:

is genuinely seeking entry for not more than six months as a visitor;
intends to leave at the end of his visit
does not intend to take employment paid or unpaid, or to produce goods or provide services
does not sell goods or services direct to the public, during the visit;
does not intend to study at a publicly funded school;
can be maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds;
show proof that he/she is able to meet the costs of their onward journey.

I have been told previously told that an amount of 5000 pounds would be acceptable for the last to requirements. The amount would obviously rise according how long one wants to stay.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »
Yes, it is possible.

I agree with Starman that it is possible.... in fact the majority of UK visas are approved for non-sponsored (ie Farang partner) applicants.

The 3 key criteria need to be satisfied:-

1. Genuine reason to visit
2. Financial adequacy.
3. Reasons to return to Thailand.

Thai Widows & Expats arrange UK visas.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »
Not a snowballs chance in hell I'm afraid.

I have done 2 visas for a single lady in Prakhonchai... no Farang sponsor.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 06:29:31 PM »
Agree that it is perfectly possible providing the 3 main points made by CoCo and Starman are evidenced. You only have to declare your travel itinerary but not evidence it so in theory you can say you are visiting for 2 or 3 weeks but remain for as long as the visa is valid. My now wife spent 3 6 month periods in 3 consecutive years with me in the UK before I moved here.
Key is to be thorough with your paperwork, anticipate the things that may be of concern to UK Immigration and provide answers to them. Another good approach could be to buy a flexible return ticket and then just change the rerun date if the plan is to stay longer.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »
Agree that it is perfectly possible providing the 3 main points made by CoCo and Starman are evidenced. You only have to declare your travel itinerary but not evidence it so in theory you can say you are visiting for 2 or 3 weeks but remain for as long as the visa is valid. My now wife spent 3 6 month periods in 3 consecutive years with me in the UK before I moved here.
Key is to be thorough with your paperwork, anticipate the things that may be of concern to UK Immigration and provide answers to them. Another good approach could be to buy a flexible return ticket and then just change the rerun date if the plan is to stay longer.

The only thing to add is that UKVI specifically advise against buying flights before the visa is granted.

In this case it is sufficient to include a budget figure for flights....

Off topic but for a Schengen visa you have to evidence flights AND hotel bookings......a bit pointless when you can use Booking.com and then cancel.

Offline mahdam

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 08:45:47 PM »
In the OP Geoffrey asksed if it was possible for the Thai Lady to visit the UK without help from a Farang.

In your case. Freddy I assume you sponsored your GF, now Wife for those visits? As did I, If that is the case I'm sure you will agree with me that this is no easy task, even if you meet all the requirements.
So can someone explain to me how Geoffs friend is going to get her visa with no UK sponsor?

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
In the OP Geoffrey asksed if it was possible for the Thai Lady to visit the UK without help from a Farang.

In your case. Freddy I assume you sponsored your GF, now Wife for those visits? As did I, If that is the case I'm sure you will agree with me that this is no easy task, even if you meet all the requirements.
So can someone explain to me how Geoffs friend is going to get her visa with no UK sponsor?

By meeting the requirements.

As Coco, who has a lot of experience in these matters said, most visa applications to go to UK do not involve and sponsor. Do you really think that every tourist, that needs a visa to travel to the UK, knows someone there already?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:26:49 PM by Starman »

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 06:58:12 AM »

Yes in my case I did sponsor her but the point I was making was that anyone applying can provide a written itinerary stating they intend to visit for 2 or 3 weeks, which would require less funds being shown but then actually stay for upto 6 months.

On the Shengen visa you also have to show proof of travel insurance.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:39:56 AM by Mod »

Offline mahdam

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »
You were lucky to get three visit visa' for your GF Freddy.
We managed to get two, and adhered strictly to the terms of the visa,
with my now Wife returning to Thailand within the 6 months period granted,
On both occasions.
Bolstered by our succsess, the following year we tried for a third visa.
They turned us down flat!!! The reason given was, insufficiant reason to return??
This seemed to be a strange reason for refusal, given that my Wife had recently been
given some land by an old Aunt that had died. Copies of the Chanote were included
In the application to bolster her case. And yet that was their desision!
I felt there was no point appealing the case, and eventually we were married and she came back to the Uk
On a Marriage visa. A lot of water under the bridge since then, and she is now a British Citizen complete with Passport.

Offline GEOFFREY

• Contributor with future
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »
Thank you all for advise i will pass on the information

it seems a shame its so difficult  although  i am sure it would have been mentioned before that so many other nationality's

can get to uk   

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM