{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Dog Care -I just don't understand!  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Dog Care -I just don't understand!
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:24:50 AM »
Gonna be a bit long winded this one but wondering what others would do and seeking any advice on best way to approach.

The family across the street have got 2 puppies which are now around 6/7 months old.
One of the pups (male) got sick around 3 weeks ago. He's a lovely dog and I'm told was not cheap( by Thai village standards) very affectionate and beautiful looking.

He got sick a little over 3 weeks ago. I'm not a vet but I think he has a bowel obstruction. He screams in agony when trying to poo and now has a serious infection around his rear end wher he has licked and worried the area troubling him. Open sores now maggot infested.

He has been tied up outside for 3 weeks and on a couple of occassions when they have wanted to move him to another area I've seen them hitting him with sticks to make him walk rather than carry him.

Last night I listened to him screaming until 3am and TBH it's breaking my heart. I'd happily pay now to get him vet care and would have done since the first day he got sick. This family although not well off are not poor by any means but just haven't bothered to do anything to save this dog. When I first saw his condition I thought he would be dead within days but 3 weeks on he's surviving but clearly in agony.

If I was in the UK I'd have already involved Police and RSPCA and/or gone and taken the dog myself. I've literally been so close to just going over and taking him several times but hold off as I know it would cause a huge issue for my better half and family.

What is it with people. Why pay for a dog and then not take care of it.
Also, can anyone tell me what the reasoning is behind lack of Euthinasia for animals suffering animals in Thailand. I'm told vets won't/can't do it here which is a concern for me when our 2 current dogs get old and may be suffering.

Actros

Re: Dog Care -I just don't understand!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
Gonna be a bit long winded this one but wondering what others would do and seeking any advice on best way to approach.

The family across the street have got 2 puppies which are now around 6/7 months old.
One of the pups (male) got sick around 3 weeks ago. He's a lovely dog and I'm told was not cheap( by Thai village standards) very affectionate and beautiful looking.

He got sick a little over 3 weeks ago. I'm not a vet but I think he has a bowel obstruction. He screams in agony when trying to poo and now has a serious infection around his rear end wher he has licked and worried the area troubling him. Open sores now maggot infested.

He has been tied up outside for 3 weeks and on a couple of occassions when they have wanted to move him to another area I've seen them hitting him with sticks to make him walk rather than carry him.

Last night I listened to him screaming until 3am and TBH it's breaking my heart. I'd happily pay now to get him vet care and would have done since the first day he got sick. This family although not well off are not poor by any means but just haven't bothered to do anything to save this dog. When I first saw his condition I thought he would be dead within days but 3 weeks on he's surviving but clearly in agony.

If I was in the UK I'd have already involved Police and RSPCA and/or gone and taken the dog myself. I've literally been so close to just going over and taking him several times but hold off as I know it would cause a huge issue for my better half and family.

What is it with people. Why pay for a dog and then not take care of it.
Also, can anyone tell me what the reasoning is behind lack of Euthinasia for animals suffering animals in Thailand. I'm told vets won't/can't do it here which is a concern for me when our 2 current dogs get old and may be suffering.
Give the dog some meat with blue powder on it.
Job done.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 11:41:28 PM »
Are you suggesting Rat poison. If so then your no better than the family I'm talking about.

Tassie

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 11:56:47 PM »
Freddy, you are between a rock and a hard place.  I can feel the pain and anguish you are experiencing over the health of the dog.  You are right, you will cause irreparable damage between your neighbours and your family if you take any direct action without their consent.  Perhaps you may suggest to the dog owners that you noticed the pain the dog is experiencing and that you would help them by paying for a vet.  This way the final decision would be up to the dog owner.  You then demonstrate you are willing to help and their consent or rejection of help is entirely up to then.  If help is offered with a smiling face then nobody loses face.
Regards

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM