{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Marriage Paper  (Read 11663 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Marriage Paper
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:13 AM »
4. Medical Certificate

If you are getting married to a Thai woman it is required to present a Medical Certificate from a hospital at the time of the Marriage Registration in Thailand if she was divorced or widowed within the past 310 days. This is very important in Thailand and they will not register the marriage without this medical certificate. Note that the Medical Certificate to show that she is not pregnant must have been issued by a qualified doctor.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 10:08:50 AM »

If you are getting married to a Thai woman it is required to present a Medical Certificate from a hospital at the time of the Marriage Registration in Thailand if she was divorced or widowed within the past 310 days.

You would think 270 days would be enough :)

Offline Geordie Boy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »
Things happen much more slowly in Thailand. :D

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2018, 06:08:13 AM »

If you are getting married to a Thai woman it is required to present a Medical Certificate from a hospital at the time of the Marriage Registration in Thailand if she was divorced or widowed within the past 310 days.

In previous times (until April 2017), when the DWP paid Bereavement Benefits to Thai widows (and probably still applies to British widows), a widowed parents allowance was claimable , based on the late husbands NI contributions, as long as a child was born within 1 year of the husbands death! Enough said!

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:33 AM »

In previous times (until April 2017), when the DWP paid Bereavement Benefits to Thai widows (and probably still applies to British widows), a widowed parents allowance was claimable , based on the late husbands NI contributions, as long as a child was born within 1 year of the husbands death! Enough said!

Talking of pregnant women, did you know ......   In the UK a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet   :ohmy:

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2018, 10:43:46 AM »
Update:-
Arrived in Bangkok Wednesday afternoon and attended British Embassy for 10:30 appointment. Don't know about others  past experiences but I found the 3 Thai staff on duty there incredibly helpful and efficient.
I had made a slight error when typing out my declaration document in how they required Noi's address to be laid out. No problem. They had 3 computers set up with the template allowing me to make the correction. There was no issue made about only having a 20 minute appointment window and when I'd corrected the document they processed everything and good to go. Cost for marriage declaration ?50. They are giving a 46ish conversion rate so 2,700.
I also had my passport certified. They told me some Amphurs want this, others don't. Not worth taking the chance so another 700 baht.

Whilst in the Embassy waiting area I saw many British Nationals attending with various issues from stranded with know money to lost passports etc. All were assisted and dealt with very well. Also one guy had flown in from Phuket to get a marriage paper having made no attempt to prepare anything accurately. He was also helped rather than just being sent away and also left with his completed documents.

As already observed, MFA closed for holiday however translation agents outside looking for business. I had asked in the Embassy if any of the agents were to be avoided. Embassy staff told me that they couldn't recommend any particular agent but the ones touting were all usually good and weren't aware of any past problems. Also stated that if any were operating badly the others would see them off to protect their reputations.

So, selected an agent, transported to office a couple of minutes away having negotiated a price of 3,000 baht for translations, MFA presentation and send to me SMS on Monday.
Office was professional, checked all documents thoroughly, business card, proper receipt and showed records and existing files of business they are doing. Signed a Power of Attorney document for them to act for me.

Back at hotel by 2pm. Agent called me 11am yesterday morning (Friday). Confirmed papers with MFA, will collect on Monday and should be with me Wednesday or Thursday latest.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2018, 12:01:19 PM »
Congrats Freddy.

When is the lucky day ?

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2018, 12:30:42 PM »
Thanks.
Probably do the beginning of next week. We did the Thai ceremony years ago so this is just a formality to ensure Noi is eligible for my UK pension should anything occur in the future.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »
Advance congrats Freddy and Noi.

There is no need to "register" the marriage at the Embassy.

I would suggest that you have the marriage certificate (you will receive one each) translated, then send one original + a certified translation to your pension provider for record purposes.

Starman is your man for translations.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »
Thanks Nick.
Indeed, that is the plan and also a copy to my UK Solicitors who will store with my will and my appointed executor. Will cover all bases.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick