{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Laying Chickens  (Read 13240 times)

Tassie

Re: Laying Chickens
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
You will need to up the percentage of protein you feed your layers to at least 21%.  Get your compost heap up and running and stock it with worms.  Feed not less than 2 large worms per day per chicken. Worms are an excellent source of protein.
Regards

Offline RocketOz

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »
Just a quick update on my girls, all 20 are doing well, they are Isa Browns and were bought at near to Point of Lay, from the 20 get between 13 to 18 depending on the day, feeding on a layer mix but trying to get our own feed up and running, Sunflowers grew well(saw a good article to cut the sunflowers off at ground level after harvest and let the roots break down to help improve the soil and open it up a bit) , but corn got attacked by all and sundry, just testing for corn now in the one paddy we share for stuff(i grew sunflowers and corn there and MIL grew long beans and cucumbers and she put in for me a long bed of peanuts for me).
It will be a learning experience my first wet here, went thru a few in Chiang Mai, everything has just taken off growing, a purple flowered weed the girls like is growing faster than I can keep up with it.
Nanglong, yes my GF sells salads here in LPM and if lucky she sells some of my eggs when extremely lucky 10 at 50 or 45, just wish the thais knew how good mine were and the crap the battery hens get put into them and the conditions, we are trying to hook up with someone in Surin to sell a few.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 06:31:04 PM »
LPM =Lamplaimat??  If so I?ll be interested in the eggs for sale!

Offline RocketOz

• Contributor with future
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 07:36:16 PM »
Yeah its Lam Plai Mat will private message you

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 08:51:26 PM »
 :-* party6

Tassie

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »
For those that already know, please forgive me.  When it comes to diets for poultry for optimum health, growing and laying percentage, the higher the protein level of manufactured poultry feed the higher the price.  For those backyard layer farmers, keeping prices down is a real consideration.  In addition to the commercial feed, adding supplement protein will reduce the cost of the food you feed your chickens. This means you can buy a lower protein level of commercial poultry feed, thus saving you money, and up the protein percentage by adding additional protein to their diet.  Scraps from the table, and of course feeding the mighty worm do wonders at reducing your poultry costs. Chickens love fruit and vegetables and you can give them this daily. Vegetable peels, bananas (peeled) , paw paw, carrots, coconut, rice and broccoli. You are safe to feed chickens pretty much any vegetable or fruit except any raw green peels (such as green potato peel) and any citric fruits such as oranges and lemons. Poultry on such a diet produce harder shells, orange yolks and more eggs.
Regards

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM