{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Ford SCAM buyer beware  (Read 3988 times)

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Ford SCAM buyer beware
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
In March I took my less than one year old ford truck to Buriram Ford for scheduled service. I put less than average mileage on the vehicle so oil changes become due based on time not KM on the clock. So while there they offered me a service plan which I looked at carefully. Bottom line is I would save a couple thousand baht if I bought the plan which covered that service and the next.   Since their service interval is really too narrow I didn?t want a longer plan.

Jump to today. Wife gets a phone call from Ford telling her my ?coupon? expired in October. Mind you the sticker they put on the windshield indicates the service is due yesterday! 

Well I called the number on the windshield sticker and spoke to someone at Buriram ford who confirmed my coupon expired in October!

Very long story about a very heated discussion with several staff including the manager I informed them of the error in their ways and that I would most certainly be receiving the scheduled service that I paid for and there was no coupon involved.

They said I had to come in on the 25th to get the service!  After informing the manager that they are in no way shape or form going to get me to come in on the 25th.

The service is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I determined they do not have the capacity to schedule next service based on date of last service. It is based only on the date you buy the car.

Buyer beware.

Offline DeputyDavid

Re: Ford SCAM buyer beware
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »
So I arrived at Ford as scheduled. They were waiting for me. I showed them the window sticker indicating service due in December. A loud Ohhhhhhh in unison. Many many apologies from Ford staff.

It simply is a matter of what goes in the computer comes out of the computer. There is no reasoning.

A very pleasant experience with the Ford staff today. Everything resolved.

But truely if you get a contract like this know when it starts and what the service interval is.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:50:01 AM by DeputyDavid »

Offline Smithy

Re: Ford SCAM buyer beware
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:29:51 PM »
It simply is a matter of what goes in the computer comes out of the computer. There is no reasoning.

A very pleasant experience with the Ford staff today. Everything resolved.

So not a SCAM, just a misunderstanding  :blink:

:biggrin:

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod