{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Looking for workers to build a wall  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Looking for workers to build a wall
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »
Hi there,

I am looking for workers who can build me a wall, working on a day rate.
The wall will be roughly 115 mtrs long, 79 mtr blocks and 36 mtrs with iron work ( which i can also have delivered by an ironworker if they can not do it)

I want to pay them 500 thb per person per day....i'm guessing it is a 3 man job, correct me if i'm wrong....(might be 4 if it speeds it up)
I need them to build this wall in Januari.
Does anyone know workers for this job, please let me know.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:31:59 PM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Looking for workers to build a wall
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:15:40 PM »
Obviously up to you but would suggest you avoid doing a day rate deal and negotiate a rate per metre or per 3 metre span between each pair. Pretty much guarantee that the work rate will be ridiculously slow if paying by the day.
Where do you live. I used a local guy in Non Tacrong ( Lam Plait Mat).
Wall is 1.6m high. Steel reinforced poured concrete piers, steel reinforced poured concrete bottom, and top beams. Double block for 5courses them single. Labour cost was 1400 baht per 3 metre. 2 man job and they did about 200 metres in all.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:19:22 PM »
Also....when you say iron work. Do you mean wrought iron or stainless steel inserts?
At any rate, unlikely the wall builders would do this. Usually you tell the builders tha dimensions you want the wall buil the steel guys will come and measure up, make up the panels off site then come and fit once wall is rendered/complete.

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »
Obviously up to you but would suggest you avoid doing a day rate deal and negotiate a rate per metre or per 3 metre span between each pair. Pretty much guarantee that the work rate will be ridiculously slow if paying by the day.
Where do you live. I used a local guy in Non Tacrong ( Lam Plait Mat).
Wall is 1.6m high. Steel reinforced poured concrete piers, steel reinforced poured concrete bottom, and top beams. Double block for 5courses them single. Labour cost was 1400 baht per 3 metre. 2 man job and they did about 200 metres in all.
Hi Freddy . I live in Buriram city...1400 thb per 3 metres sounds fair to me. It is  lower than any price i got so far. That is why i would prefer a daily rate. It would be cheaper in any condition , unless they are sleeping all day...:). i know how long it should take and am not afraid to sack them when too slow....But again 1400 per 3 meters sounds fair to me and then i would agree on a fixed price...For the steel, I don't mean stainless, just iron and indeed normally i would have a seperate guy make this and place it, but you never know some guys are allround....have one now who can do it all, but just not happy with the price he gave me for the whole job (price p.meter etc.)
Could you share with me in a pm maybe who did the job for you. I would like to get in touch with them...( is this include the rendering?)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:16:43 PM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 05:21:33 AM »
Ill ask him but I don't think he will take on the job in Biriram. He only has a motorbike and tends to take work on locally. My post was to give you an idea of the labour price I paid which did include rendering but only on our sides of the wall apart from the front of the property which was both sides. It was 2 years ago so may be a little more now. His current day rate is 400 baht but I I always agree a price for the job by estimating how long I think it will take and then tagging on a few extra days. I'll see if he knows anyonee in Buriram he can recommend and get you contact details.

Tassie

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 05:40:26 AM »
Hello Jeroen1.  Presently, I have a very professional team building both my house and wall.  If you would like to see the work in progress send me a PM.
Regards

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 07:18:00 AM »
Hello Jeroen1.  Presently, I have a very professional team building both my house and wall.  If you would like to see the work in progress send me a PM.
Regards
i think i've send you a PM, but not sure how that works so let me know if i didn't haha
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:33:44 AM by Jeroen1 »

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 07:31:15 AM »
Ill ask him but I don't think he will take on the job in Biriram. He only has a motorbike and tends to take work on locally. My post was to give you an idea of the labour price I paid which did include rendering but only on our sides of the wall apart from the front of the property which was both sides. It was 2 years ago so may be a little more now. His current day rate is 400 baht but I I always agree a price for the job by estimating how long I think it will take and then tagging on a few extra days. I'll see if he knows anyonee in Buriram he can recommend and get you contact details.
.i know i;ve build several houses before and that is why i am looking for workers on a daily rate..or like said a fair rate per meter or per 'lock' . I know how it works . but thank anyway for the advice.a good hint is never wasted. I need workers now.. with prices that work today....if he has a price per meter or per 3 meteres as he wishes,  and he wants a job, i'm open to negotiate of course but it seems not easy to have a guy from Lam PLai Mat with only a motorbike.....since they have to bring their own tools
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:41:55 AM by Jeroen1 »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 01:07:07 PM »
Send a message to Urleft ,he has lined up a planeload to build Trumps Mexican Wall

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »

You are more right than you know. I can show him 2 separate walls we had built and then put him in contact with the builders.  In one case we provided the materials and then was charged so much a meter, in the 2nd they did it all. 

However, I don't have the contact info at my fingertips, further the walls were built several years ago so prices have likely changed.  So I did not respond to the op because I'm not sure if either would meet his financial requirements. 

My advice to the Op is to talk to Bob at Ruangsangthai.

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:47 AM »
For those still interesed..:):)
Found me a worker for the wall. made a deal for the work and provided all materials myself...almost finished now.
Looks to be ending up around 1000 THB a meter all in...
This guy also is a welder , steel worker, and is able to do complicated rebar and concrete work. has been in Bangkok for 10 years, and is now back with his family here, and always looking for more work...

so if you have a job...who knows...let me know

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM