{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Difference between NokAir and Airasia  (Read 12802 times)

Offline aparasher

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Difference between NokAir and Airasia
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
I use the Coral Executive Lounge at DMK Domestic airside, I produce my Diners card for entry ,not sure who else has an arrangement with them.
The Coral Executive Lounge
Bangkok Don Mueang Intl - Bangkok, Thailand
Hours Open:
06:00 - 22:00 daily.
Lounge Location:
Airside - 3rd Floor, turn right after Security Checks, proceed to Gate 51. The lounge is located on the right.
Telephone:
44 (0)208 865 3222
Entry Conditions:
Domestic departures only - Maximum 3 hour stay - Children under 2 years are admitted free - Non-smoking.
Member Fee:
Please contact your Diners Club card issuer regarding your card features and benefits, including any applicable airport lounge fees.
Guest Fee:
28 USD
Terminal:
Terminal 2

Thanks Wozza. I will give Diner's concierge to see if whole family can get access to this lounge.

Offline Wozza

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »
This one is in the domestic terminal Miracle Lounge slight difference in open close times and how long you can stay even though the directions are the same
Bangkok Don Mueang Intl - Bangkok, Thailand
Hours Open:
05:30 - 19:30 daily.
Lounge Location:
Airside - Domestic Departures, 3rd Floor, turn right after Security Checks and proceed to Gate 51. The lounge is located on the right hand side.
Telephone:
44 (0)208 865 3222
Entry Conditions:
Maximum 2 hour stay - Children under 2 years are admitted free.
Member Fee:
Please contact your Diners Club card issuer regarding your card features and benefits, including any applicable airport lounge fees.
Guest Fee:
28 USD
Terminal:
Terminal 2

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
@wozza

Thx for that I didn?t even know that they have lounges at Domestic. Worth checking out on the way back to Buriram.

Offline Wozza

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »
Free 15 minute head and neck massage too

Offline Hank Gunn

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 03:17:27 PM »
I have never actually flown to or from Buriram.

I live 8kms from the bus station and about 45kms from the airport.

Taking into account the check in times,boarding, disembarking and then travelling home from airport,  I doubt I would save much time than if I traveled by bus.Would I?

Also if travelling to Buriram from Bangkok, NCA have a drop off point 2kms from my house.

Those living in NangRong and NongKi would quite probably arrive quicker by bus.

Hi Starman.

You are correct. It will take us 45 minutes to get to the airport, then bags drop off, security clearance and freshening up followed by flight will take approximately 1.5-2 hours. Flight is around 1 hour and then another 1 hour spent while waiting for baggage to arrive and car hire before getting to the hotel. So we are talking about 4.5-5 hours which comes fairly close to 6 hours travelling by bus.

Personally, I prefer to travel by bus, but now I have a 6 year old daughter and sitting in 1 spot would be an interesting challenge for her. Last time I drove from BKK to Prakhonchai and it was bearable due to various stopovers. Taking plane also avoids road travel that has its own issues. So this time we will give flying a shot. Lets see how it goes.

Sorry Aparasher, I think you're way off on those estimates. I've travelled by both methods and there's no way it's only 1.5 - 2 hours difference. It's more like 4 hours difference at least. Remember, we're not talking about going through San Francisco Int'l across the Pacific with a fully loaded 747. It takes maybe 5 min. to check in and maybe 5 min. (or less) to go through security. That's 10 min. In the several times (4-5?) I've done this flight, I've never waited more than 10 - 15 min. (usually about 10 min.) to get my checked bags from the carousel. With a 50 min. flight, all in that's 70 min.

I happen to currently live about the same distances as Starman does, with regards to Buriram town and the airport. It takes me about 30-35 min. to drive to the airport (Google Maps lists it as a 38 min. drive). To be conservative, let's call it 40 min. So all in, that's 70 + 40 = 110 min. Round that up to 120 and it's 2 hours. NOT 4.5 - 5 hours! And we're not even talking about getting to and from the bus stations on either end, which involves comparatively much more traffic (at least in Buriram). The only hassle is, on arrival at DMK you have to walk about 5 minutes to get to the waiting area to get in line for a metered taxi. On the flip-side, in Buriram AirAsia has a nice shuttle service that picks up and drops off to/from the Best Western and if you're doing a short stay, you can just leave your vehicle at BFV like I did my last trip.

Anyway, if you're on a budget and you have time, go ahead and take the bus. But for the equivalent of an additional $40 or so, depending on what baggage your taking/checking in, I think the speed and comfort of flying to and from Bangkok is way better. Again, it's at least 4 hours faster and much more comfortable.

Just my experienced 2 baht, for what it's worth.

Offline aparasher

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 03:31:18 PM »
Hi Hank Gunn. Thanks for correcting my times. I have never travelled on this route by plane. So my estimates were high. I prefer to be a bit generous with timings especially when travelling with wife and kids. It gives me a bit peace of mind...LOL...My flight depart at 13:50 (meaning 13:30 boarding) and I will checkout from hotel 10:30-11:00. So I have around 2 hours to negotiate with BKK traffic, bag drop off and security clearance.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »
Are you sure,Hank? I have been to Buriram airport to collect people many times. It is at least 25 minutes from landing to actually coming through the doors into arrivals.

Maybe longer if on the A320 because more baggage to unload.

Also, whenever I have dropped people off they have needed to be there 1 hour before to check in.

Offline Hank Gunn

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »
No problem Aparasher. Having done both, I just thought I'd throw in my experience.

Starman, in my experience I've never had to wait more than 15 min. and typically it's only about 10 min. (that's with a full A320 too). Now I'm not saying it could take longer, but in my experience it's never been close to a half-hour.

Yes, you do want to be at the airport an hr. before departure in order to check in, but when taking the bus I'm not going to show up there right when it leaves. I'll typically be there a good half-hour before departure (or at least aim for that lead time) in order to get the ticket and not be rushed.

At the end of the day, it's all personal preference and the bus is cheaper by about $30-$40 dollars depending on whether or not you check in baggage and if so, how much. However, from a time perspective, in my experience it is at least 3 - 4 hours faster to fly. Also, as you pointed out, flying "avoids road travel that has its own issues". For those of us who have driven even a little bit here and have some experience with the roads/drivers in Thailand, this is something worth considering.  :o But again, it's all personal preference and I threw my 2 baht in since the distances you mention (to both the airport and the bus station) are similar to mine.

Offline aparasher

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
Bus was never an option considering a young child with me. If air travel was not an option, then I would have either opted to drive myself like last time 3 years ago, or, hired a driver with car.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »
I've flown Nok Air several times this year, flying again in a week.  I like them because you can get the early flight, 0730, get to Bangkok and take care of some business like an income statement from the embassy and return the same day. 

Currently there are 3 flights a day out of Buriram, 0730, 1620, and 1940. 

I've mentioned in another thread that once you get to DMG save time by walking up to departures and getting a Taxi, I did that in June.  Or go out of door 6 and pick up the A1 or A2 bus for 30 Baht and get to the Mo Chit Skytrain or subway. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 09:19:22 AM »
I've flown Nok Air several times this year, flying again in a week.  I like them because you can get the early flight, 0730, get to Bangkok and take care of some business like an income statement from the embassy and return the same day. 

Currently there are 3 flights a day out of Buriram, 0730, 1620, and 1940. 

I've mentioned in another thread that once you get to DMG save time by walking up to departures and getting a Taxi, I did that in June.  Or go out of door 6 and pick up the A1 or A2 bus for 30 Baht and get to the Mo Chit Skytrain or subway. 
Don't forget Air Asia.....that makes 4 flights a day!!

Offline Wayne from Aus

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 01:44:43 AM »
It wasn't that long ago that there were only 3 flights a week. Now 2 airlines - 7 flights a day? Buriram is certainly moving in leaps and bounds.

Tassie

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 06:41:32 AM »
Are there any direct flights from Buriram to Chiang Mai?
Regards

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 06:45:57 AM »
Are there any direct flights from Buriram to Chiang Mai?
Regards

No, there are not.

Korat Airport is supposed to be reopening soon and will have ChiangMai flights.

Tassie

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 07:13:36 AM »
Many thanks Starman for the info.
Regards

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM