{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: visa question  (Read 7318 times)

Offline pault

• http://buriramexpats.com/
visa question
« on: September 14, 2017, 03:47:24 PM »
I am considering moving to Thailand as am married to a Thai national. I am under 50 years old - is it possible to get visa for one year and do the 90 day visa run or are there any other options? many thanks for any help

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: visa question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »
You can enter on a Non O Visa and the. Extend to 1 year based on marriage providing you can show 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account ( seasoned for 60 days) or the equivalent monthly income.

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »
You can go to the thai consulate in Savannakhet and apply for a year-long, multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type O visa based on marriage to a thai national with NO proof of financials at all.!!!
You need copies of;
-both thai marriage documents (Kor Ror 2 & 3)
-thai wife's thai i/d card
-thai wife's house book listing
-data page of your passport[/li][/list]

You sign anything with your name on it and your wife signs anything with her name on it.

Take the original Kor Ror 3 (the one with the rose border) because they wanna see it in person as it has a stamp on it.
Those things along with your passport and 5000 baht

You'd have to "border-bounce" every 90 days <- go to the border, stamp outta thailand, in&out of another country and back into thailand for another 90 day stamp but you can wring 15 months in country out of that visa.

Really you can wring 17 months out of it, IF you bounce just before the enter before date on the visa getting the last 90 days entry (taking you to 15 months) and then applying for the "visit family" 60 day extension at the immigration office (which requires NO financials either) for 1900baht.

Good Luck

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »
    You can go to the thai consulate in Savannakhet and apply for a year-long, multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type O visa based on marriage to a thai national with NO proof of financials at all.!!!
    You need copies of;
    -both thai marriage documents (Kor Ror 2 & 3)
    -thai wife's thai i/d card
    -thai wife's house book listing
    -data page of your passport[/li][/list]

You sign anything with your name on it and your wife signs anything with her name on it.

Take the original Kor Ror 3 (the one with the rose border) because they wanna see it in person as it has a stamp on it.
    Those things along with your passport and 5000 baht

You'd have to "border-bounce" every 90 days <- go to the border, stamp outta thailand, in&out of another country and back into thailand for another 90 day stamp but you can wring 15 months in country out of that visa.

Really you can wring 17 months out of it, IF you bounce just before the enter before date on the visa getting the last 90 days entry (taking you to 15 months) and then applying for the "visit family" 60 day extension at the immigration office (which requires NO financials either) for 1900baht.

Good Luck
    You do not need the KR2.

The 60 day extension is "visit wife".

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
    « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 07:41:51 AM »
    The 60 day extension is "visit wife".
    Boy you are sure a one dour SOB.  :o I can't wait to meet you when I get up there  :-*

The 60 day extension is a "visit family" extension NOT just because you happen to have a thai wife.  ::)

I know people who have children out of wedlock and who haven't gone thru family court to get granted parental rights, yet they use the 60 day visit family extension on their 30 day visa exempt entry or their 60 day tourist visa entry every time.

Here's the engrish and thai of the actual clause for that extenion;

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
      • burirampieman.com
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 07:55:27 AM »
    Just a little nudge in the right direction TtheT.

That says "visit child". Not visit family.

When I said "visit wife" I was referring to what you will receive with the documents that you posted.

Jog on.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
    « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
    <snip>
    You do not need the KR2.

Officially you don't need the KR2 at the Savannakhet Consulate, but it was always taken when I got my Non-O there (already 2 times and maybe Number 3 next week), and thus I always get a "new" one from the Amphur (they only cost 20 THB).

The "Holy grail" there seems to be the Original KR3 (the one with the rose border) as they really inspect that. I always take BOTH KR3 with me, but only been asked for one only.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
      • burirampieman.com
    « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »
    <snip>
    You do not need the KR2.

Officially you don't need the KR2 at the Savannakhet Consulate, but it was always taken when I got my Non-O there (already 2 times and maybe Number 3 next week), and thus I always get a "new" one from the Amphur (they only cost 20 THB).

The "Holy grail" there seems to be the Original KR3 (the one with the rose border) as they really inspect that. I always take BOTH KR3 with me, but only been asked for one only.

Quite right iammike.

The original KR3 is a must.

I have never heard of anyone being asked for a KR2, either copy or original.

I have also never heard of anyone needing a letter of request to issue a visa from a Thai wife, which is another thing that some recommend.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
    « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »
    <snip>
    I have also never heard of anyone needing a letter of request to issue a visa from a Thai wife, which is another thing that some recommend.

Same here, maybe at other Embassies / Consulates that is a requirement but not at Savannakhet (ZVK). Mind you I also take the "original" wife with me so when they want an invitation letter she can write it there on the spot.

I (Maybe) have to go there (ZVK) early Next week and if anything has changed I will report back.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
    « Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »
    Maybe superfluously but here is the list of Documents I have prepared if I have to go to ZVK next week

1.   Lao Visa on Arrival Form Filled In (+1 Passport Photo)
    2.   Application Form Thai Consulate Laos Filled in (+2 Passport Photo)
    3.   Copy Passport Info / Photo Page + Signed by Husband
    4.   Original Marriage Certificate (2x)
    5.   Copy of Original Marriage Certificate + Signed by Both of Us
    6.   Wife Housebook + Signed by Wife
    7.   Wife ID Card + Signed by Wife
    8.   Up to date KR 2. New copy from Amphur.

Edit: And it's a 2 day affair, 1st day (between 9-11am) you apply and you get your passport back at 2pm the next day.
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:27:30 AM by iammike »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
    « Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
    Unfortunately (or not ;)) I don't have to go to Laos to get a new visa, but can fortunately go on with my plan to get the Extension of stay at BuriR Immigration;)

But the info I (and Starman and Tod Daniels) wrote about the documents needed to get a Non-O Multiple Entry at Savannakhet Thai Consulate is still what is needed.

Tassie

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 05:40:59 AM »
    I went to the new Australian Embassy on Wireless Road Bangkok yesterday to get an affidavit for my income.  The new building looks great.
    Last year the affidavit service was 600 baht, to my surprise the greedy Australian Government put up the price to 1740 baht.  The service they gave me was:  the lady looked at my passport, stamped my affidavit and the whole exercise was over in about 2 minutes.  Not a bad pay day for 2 minutes work.
    Regards

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
    « Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 11:02:56 PM »
    I went to the new Australian Embassy on Wireless Road Bangkok yesterday to get an affidavit for my income.  The new building looks great.
    Last year the affidavit service was 600 baht, to my surprise the greedy Australian Government put up the price to 1740 baht.  The service they gave me was:  the lady looked at my passport, stamped my affidavit and the whole exercise was over in about 2 minutes.  Not a bad pay day for 2 minutes work.
    Regards

Winging Wombats!!  😊

Brits have to pay about 2,400 Baht for a similar privilege....

Search Option

Advanced Search
    Recent Posts
    Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
    March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
    March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
    March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
    March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick