{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Recipe for obtaining Yellow Book and ID card in Amphoe Lam Plai Mat  (Read 7057 times)

Offline Woody

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/

Hi all,
Here is my experience of how to obtain the Yellow Book and the pink ID Card in Lam Plai Mat based on being locally married here:

1) Obtain the Certificate of Recidence from Buriram Immigration Office. That costed 500,-
2) Obtain a thai translation of your Passport. I got this from "Buriram Language Services". Profesionally done and fast service. Tel. 087 239 8546(eng) and 083 372 1619(Thai)
3) Bring 4 passport size photoes (in the end they only needed 3)
4) Bring one full body photo of you and your Wife together
5) You would need the local Village Chief as witness, so he need his ID and blue Housebook
6) You would need your Wife to come with and she also need her ID and blue housebook
7) I also needed to bring my wife's Mother, and her ID...
8 ) cost of the Yellow Book at Amphoe Lam Plai Mat was thb 650.-
9 ) cost of the pink ID was thb 300,-

... We went in around 9.30am, And and was done around 3pm...included lunch break. August 2017

...Good luck to everyone. Remember to stay calm and relaxed... nothing happens in the fast line... :-)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:08:22 PM by svein1969 »

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
Re: Recipe for obtaining Yellow Book and ID card in Amphoe Lam Plai Mat
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 03:29:56 AM »
In Lahansai : cost yellow book = 0 bath , cost pink id-card = 0 bath ... and also no hassle at all !!!

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »
Today I also obtained my Yellow Housebook at the Lam Plait Mat Office.

I'm not married so there was a little umming and arring to begin with and Noi (the better half) was questioned as to why we weren't married. Despite this they commenced process at 0900hrs and was issued with the book at 11:45hrs. This included 2 intermissions where other customers had their Blue books updated as it was considered unfair that they wait whilst my 3 hr process was completed. That really pissed Noi off.

Similar to Svein, I provided:-

Passport and signed copy of main page.
Translation of main page ( provided by Buriram Language Services).
Certificate of Residence from Buriram Immigration.
4 passport size Photographs.
Noi's Blue Housebook and copy.
Noi's citizens ID and copy.
Photograph of Noi and I together.

Also in attendance were our village head man and another village resident ( Noi's cousin).
They both provided Citezen ID cards and copies.

The only additional information I provided upon request was the name of my parents.

Regarding obtaining a Thai ID Card. Svein had his issued the same day as his yellow book.
Because Noi and I are not married, I apparently have to wait a month.
All info for my ID has been taken and documents prepared however my application along with my photo is to be posted on the Village notice board for 30 days. I can return to obtain my ID on 23rd September. I'm assuming that this relies upon none of the villagers lodging an objection or claiming they've never seen me !!?? Who knows -TIT.

Footnote:-
The Yellow book worked. Purchased a new bike today. When advising that the bike was to be registered in my name the sales lady said No, cannot. Farang cannot buy.
After suggesting that she speak with her boss and telling her that a Yellow Book allowed it, she made the call and completed the paperwork.
Not sure if they just don't know or are trying to avoid the additional paperwork. Who knows.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:51:27 PM by Freddy »

Offline Woody

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »

Well done buddy (besides the Pink ID card).
Guess they charged you the same (without any receipt?)...
Anyway, believe you are the 16th now with Yellow Book in Lam Plai Mat? When I looked into the special book where they glue in the picture of yourself (and the better half) it seems to be just a handful of European/American farangs though (less than 5)...

However, welcome to the Yellow Book club :-)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
Svein - Funnily enough I see they charged you 650 baht. They charged me 620 baht. I must be special!!
Of course, no receipt. I muttered to Noi that I was going to asked for one. " No, No, No, Not Do !! "

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 06:34:03 AM »
FYI- NOK air no longer accepting pink identity card - VIP card lol. They say card can only be used in Buriram. Guy at counter got a bit snippy with me so had to set him straight.

They do accept driver license. New rule they say.

Offline Woody

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 08:30:12 AM »
... funny that is... heaps of hurdles to get the pink IC card... easy to get a driving licence...
Anyway, not much to do about it...   Similar story is in Bangkok when taking Air Asia to Singapore... they seems to ask about Singapore IC card for us that are permanent residents there... I tell them to sodd off every time - as a VISA is not required (at least not for me) and my status is none of their business... :-)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »
... funny that is... heaps of hurdles to get the pink IC card... easy to get a driving licence...
Anyway, not much to do about it...   Similar story is in Bangkok when taking Air Asia to Singapore... they seems to ask about Singapore IC card for us that are permanent residents there... I tell them to sodd off every time - as a VISA is not required (at least not for me) and my status is none of their business... :-)

Becoming more difficult now too. Prakhonchai and Muang district offices now require passport translations to be certified my the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. My guess is that other offices will soon follow.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
FYI- NOK air no longer accepting pink identity card - VIP card lol. They say card can only be used in Buriram. Guy at counter got a bit snippy with me so had to set him straight.

They do accept driver license. New rule they say.

I had the same problem with Nok at Satuek. No problem coming back the next day.  Air Asia fine with the card.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick