{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New Immigration requirement.  (Read 13446 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: New Immigration requirement.
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »
Follow-on from previous posts!!!

My friend went to the Immigration Office today to do his 90 day report and to ask about his monetary situation.
The IO said to him 'Nothing has changed ".........My friend replied " It has changed as I can no longer use an Embassy letter " .He tried to ask if what I had suggested would be OK but was just given a blank stare and was uninterested in answering any of his questions. He seemed more interested in getting him out the door so he could deal with other waiting customers .   brick1 . I just don't know why Immigration Office's cant be more helpful  ::) , he is no better off knowing on what to do than before he asked any questions !! . I guess he/we will have to rely on all the arch-chair forum Visa experts if we need to know something at a later date :)
I think the plan is now ........ to bring money over each month until he has 400k in his deposit account and if there is any shortfall 2 months before his visa extension is due I will lend him some money for a 3 months .He will leave the money in his deposit account for any of his next renewals  as DeputyDavid is doing .

Sensible solution I think..

I know some people love IO's................... I hate the jumped up little pricks. But, as we know, they are not here to help us and we have to take a "every man for himself' approach.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »
Follow-on from previous posts!!!

My friend went to the Immigration Office today to do his 90 day report and to ask about his monetary situation.
The IO said to him 'Nothing has changed ".........My friend replied " It has changed as I can no longer use an Embassy letter " .He tried to ask if what I had suggested would be OK but was just given a blank stare and was uninterested in answering any of his questions. He seemed more interested in getting him out the door so he could deal with other waiting customers .   brick1 . I just don't know why Immigration Office's cant be more helpful  ::) , he is no better off knowing on what to do than before he asked any questions !! . I guess he/we will have to rely on all the arch-chair forum Visa experts if we need to know something at a later date :)
I think the plan is now ........ to bring money over each month until he has 400k in his deposit account and if there is any shortfall 2 months before his visa extension is due I will lend him some money for a 3 months .He will leave the money in his deposit account for any of his next renewals  as DeputyDavid is doing .

A sad outcome. I agree that IOs can sometimes be a little unhelpful.

However, I guess that this was Surin immigration and not Buriram?

To be honest, I have never had problems with BI. I do, however, know a couple of people who have. It can be a lottery.

The example that Freddy posted in the shout box is a good one. That could have been a nightmare with a shitty IO dealing with it. As it is, it turned out OK.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:14:35 PM by Starman »

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2019, 07:19:03 PM »
A sad outcome. I agree that IOs can sometimes be a little unhelpful.

I guess adding 37k and 10k together and saying that was OK was way above his pay grade   ::)  spot1

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2019, 07:21:41 PM »

It shouldn't be a lottery Steve - but it is.

There should be a consistent, well publicised, understandable system that is applied even-evenhandedly.

It is not just Thai immigration; the same inconsistencies can apply in UK banking for example  -  but Thai Immigration can have such an impact on our lives that it magnifies any issues.

I would prefer to do pretty much as you do and not have to deal with Thai Immigration. If I could get a multi-entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa, I would go back to having one.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2019, 07:26:03 PM »

It shouldn't be a lottery Steve - but it is.

There should be a consistent, well publicised, understandable system that is applied even-evenhandedly.

It is not just Thai immigration; the same inconsistencies can apply in UK banking for example  -  but Thai Immigration can have such an impact on our lives that it magnifies any issues.

I would prefer to do pretty much as you do and not have to deal with Thai Immigration. If I could get a multi-entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa, I would go back to having one.

I totally agree. Everything is there other than the parts which I have highlighted.

However, even with a friendly IO, I don't think Smithy's friend would have got anywhere.

The rules do state that one must provide a bank statement showing international transfers of a minimum of 40k a month.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:28:27 PM by Starman »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM