{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thai Watsadu Clearance Section  (Read 4195 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Thai Watsadu Clearance Section
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:43:08 AM »
 If you haven't been to Thai Watsadu in a while it might be worth the trip, they have a very large clearance (sale) area out front with some decent deals.  For Example:

I got a clip on car visor mirror for 34 Baht.

The have good charcoal briquette for 34 baht (I would have bought all but I gave my charcoal grill away). 

Silicon Spatulas for 24 baht. 

And lots more.  It is set up fairly well for browsing.   Grab a cart on the way in as you will probably start finding items. 

Offline Hank Gunn

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Thai Watsadu Clearance Section
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »
I know your post is about a week old already but I did not see any charcoal out there today. :( I only live about 1-2 Km from there, so it wasn't much to go over and check it out.

So that brings me to my real question. Where do folks buy charcoal/charcoal briquettes around here? Does Makro carry them?

TIA

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
They mostly use the Thai Charcoal, but that sparks and burns fast. 

Oops, I mean Home Pro carries it.  The Charcoal at TW was the aisle closest to the door go to the last room on the left and just outside there was shelfs, on the middle shelf it was in plain cardboard boxes.

Tassie

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 04:51:29 PM »
Hank, I use the charcoal that ordinary Thais make when I B'B'Q.  Burlap sack bags of charcoal can be bought almost anywhere out side of the city on the sides of roads.  Just ask your wife where to buy and she will direct you. No need to buy expensive store sold processed charcoal beads.
Regards

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:53 PM »
Hank, I use the charcoal that ordinary Thais make when I B'B'Q.  Burlap sack bags of charcoal can be bought almost anywhere out side of the city on the sides of roads.  Just ask your wife where to buy and she will direct you. No need to buy expensive store sold processed charcoal beads.
Regards

Agreed. There are two small time producers of charcoal in our village to quality charcoal is never far away.

Hank... If you go further up the road from ThaiWatsadu towards NangRong you will see many food stalls, shops and a Tawigit supermarket, just passed PT petrol station.

You can get charcoal there.

Offline Hank Gunn

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »
Thanks folks. Yes, I'm aware of the "village source" for charcoal. It's just that the wife's village is about 35 min drive outside of town (when traffic is good) and thought it would be easier to get some here locally in town. I'll look again at Thai Watsadu or Home Pro and will definitely pick up some bags on our next trip out the MIL's place.

Thanks again..

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM