{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Shipping Company Recommendation  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Shipping Company Recommendation
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
Wheels arrived yesterday ( Tuesday) at 1100hrs. A day later than expected. Not the fastest of services but satisfactory for the price as I wasn't in a rush. No damage, polite service, proper delivery truck and computerised receiving system.
I noticed that the truck was fully loaded with deliveries so I'm guessing they sat on mine for a day until they had more going out to this general area.
Was also quite comical. The delivery guy obviously got to Lam Plait Mat but then didn't know where our village was from there. He called me, I don't speak Thai, he didn't speak English and Noi was out. I called Noi to call him and direct. I then got a further 4 calls from 4 different Nim employees from 4 more different numbers none of which spoke English and I still didn't speak Thai.
Noi got pissed off as I called her 5 times and gave her 5 numbers to call. I've no idea which one she finally spoke to to get him here but he arrived all smiles.
I asked Noi later, if he was in Lam Plait Mat, why didn't he just ask somone there for directions to Non Tacrong. Majority would know it. She just said he wouldn't ask.
Is that a Face thing or just an opportunity for a longer break?
Sorry if this post is boring !

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
I put the wife's phone number as the POC to try to preclude these type incidents.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
And normally I would but the guy I purchased off sent them and gave my number which I hadn't thought about until the first call came. Anything I organise I give Noi's. I can never remember mine anyway.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »
Our Lazada delivery guy was using a stand alone GPS, but perish the thought that delivery drivers in Thailand should actually know where they are going before they set off.
Apparently there is another village with the same name as ours in Korat province, so immigration police blithely went to that village and demanded to know with some annoyance, why I didn't live there. The officer in Kap Choeng hadn't liked my map to find my house and very kindly drew a new one (conversation: "what wat? Me: "what, what wat?'... ). My first job ans an engineering involved a lot of surveying and map making, never mind.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick