{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: G'Day Guys  (Read 8329 times)

Offline pjsomers

• http://buriramexpats.com/
G'Day Guys
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
Like Beachball I am also new to this site. I met a beautiful girl in Hua Hin and have sent her back to be with her mum and boys.
I will be coming over in September for 2 weeks to meet the family and I would like to help them out with beds, hot water and a real toilet etc.
If anyone can point me in the direction of good 2nd hand furniture and how I can get them hot water etc, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pete

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: G'Day Guys
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:38:29 AM »
Welcome Pete.

Hot water is fairly easy as you just buy a water heater (available at most building supply stores for about 3000 Baht).  Of course that's for a single location such as a shower.  Just added one last week. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
Here's what it looks like (got at Home Pro for 2800 baht). 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
Welcome Pete.
On subject of second hand furniture/beds.
There are a couple of 2nd hand furniture stores in Buriram that I have seen. One is netween Big C and Makro same side of road. No idea what the prices are like.
Before you spend your money mate just be sure that all want to sleep on beds. We have 4 double bedrooms 2 of which are spare. My wife's daughter ( now 17yrs old) has her own room, fully furnished with decent quality bed and mattress.  She sleeps on the floor!!!!
Over the years various family members have visited from different areas. Spare beds never used, they all sleep on the floor or prefer just the elevated wood platform type of thing. The wife's Sister visits regularly with her husband, both sleep on the floor.
We built a small bungalow for the Wife's Mum. Has a separate bedroom. It's used as a junk room, never been slept in and she also sleeps on the floor.
I think it's just what they are used to and find it more comfortable.
I would suggest you establish what the requirements and preferences are once your here and suspect that floor mats/pads etc will be money better spent.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »
Welcome aboard Pete

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »
Welcome Pete.
On subject of second hand furniture/beds.
There are a couple of 2nd hand furniture stores in Buriram that I have seen. One is netween Big C and Makro same side of road. No idea what the prices are like.
Before you spend your money mate just be sure that all want to sleep on beds. We have 4 double bedrooms 2 of which are spare. My wife's daughter ( now 17yrs old) has her own room, fully furnished with decent quality bed and mattress.  She sleeps on the floor!!!!
Over the years various family members have visited from different areas. Spare beds never used, they all sleep on the floor or prefer just the elevated wood platform type of thing. The wife's Sister visits regularly with her husband, both sleep on the floor.
We built a small bungalow for the Wife's Mum. Has a separate bedroom. It's used as a junk room, never been slept in and she also sleeps on the floor.
I think it's just what they are used to and find it more comfortable.
I would suggest you establish what the requirements and preferences are once your here and suspect that floor mats/pads etc will be money better spent.

Most likely the hot water too.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
True........i boil a kettle for coffee a couple of times a day and that's my total hot water usage. However, both the wife and her daughter do like hot showers. All other visitors use cold water though and more often than not from the rain collection pots rather than from a tap or shower.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »
True........i boil a kettle for coffee a couple of times a day and that's my total hot water usage. However, both the wife and her daughter do like hot showers. All other visitors use cold water though and more often than not from the rain collection pots rather than from a tap or shower.

I have built/renovated 3 houses in the last 10 years. None are fitted with hot water as no one wanted it. No air con too, for the same reason.

Offline pjsomers

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »
Thank you everyone. Great to feel so welcome and to get some great advice.
I have spoken to Sarinya and probably the biggest thing is proper toilet, then hot water, then beds for her and the boys, then air.
When I move over in 12 to 18 months we will build a house with ALL amenities.
I am sure I will ask millions of questions until I am used to life over there, so thank you very much in advance.

Offline pjsomers

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 03:47:55 PM »
By the way, I am also an avid golfer and met my princess whilst playing the Centara world masters in Hua Hin in June (the greatest week of golf in your entire life).
If I am living in Nang Rong, where is the best place to play golf with caddies, and is anyone else interested in golfing?

Tassie

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
Hello pjsomers, 
Welcome and good luck with your new family and your new life. Freddy has laid out some good advice for you to consider.
Regards

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 07:38:36 AM »
By the way, I am also an avid golfer and met my princess whilst playing the Centara world masters in Hua Hin in June (the greatest week of golf in your entire life).
If I am living in Nang Rong, where is the best place to play golf with caddies, and is anyone else interested in golfing?
Welcome aboard. I live south of Nang Rong about 30 km, some of the expats here golf in Khorat a few times a month. I don't partake, but I can get some contact info, if you want (PM me).

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick