{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram Immigration are corrupt, thieving b4stards!  (Read 9859 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Buriram Immigration are corrupt, thieving b4stards!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »
Starman, and that's the point isn't it. That option should have been offered to him by the immigration official. Set process to fit the circumstance at a reasonable fee.

I agree it should have been offered. It is something that had been offered to me in the past so it does happen.

At the same time, your friend seems to not know much about the process. With social media, forums and the immigration website at our fingertips there really is no excuse.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »
Starman, and that's the point isn't it. That option should have been offered to him by the immigration official. Set process to fit the circumstance at a reasonable fee.

I agree it should have been offered. It is something that had been offered to me in the past so it does happen.

At the same time, your friend seems to not know much about the process. With social media, forums and the immigration website at our fingertips there really is no excuse.

Point taken and yes, in an ideal world. You have a very good understanding of all the processes and are able to cut through many of the confusions and misunderstandings.
I attempt to understand it all but often get things wrong or misunderstand and seek clarification.

The guy concerned knew he needed the bank letter, I'd told him he may not be able to get that letter the same day he asked for it but went ahead anyway. Stupid on his part I know and he knows it too.

Equally though, if a person (any person) chooses not to do their own research they should be able to present at a government office and expect to be provided with honest and transparent information. It's not unreasonable for any person who doesn't know the requirements to go to immigration in advance and ask what they need to do to stay in Thailand. I've often read that advice on this forum :- ' Best to pop in and ask them' .

It is simply wrong that if a person doesn't know something because they haven't found it out,  they then become a target.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:23:02 AM by Mod »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 09:26:30 AM »
Back to my original post. Were immigration speaking to him or his wife?

A few times I have been at immigration and overheard conversations between expat/wife/immigration officer.

I know that what they do is wrong but some guys really are there for the taking.

As Urleft posted, if your documents are in order then there should be no problem
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:37:06 AM by Starman »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 09:54:30 AM »
I'm with Starman on this.

I imagine all these stories, if true, are misunderstandings due to poor preparation, communications failure and or wife panic.

However it is very interesting that all the stories are apochraphol.

Not one is from the actual victim of the 'corrupt, thieving b4stards'.

We have an "84 year old", a "someone who", a "someone did", a "not me", and a "friend of mine".

Are these people not capable of posting themselves? Or is it that this is just the usual nonsense passed around by drunks in bars.

While KCI tried to rip me off years ago (and I posted about it on here) since BI has been open, I have had nothing but quick courteous service, with a smile and a very happy wai, if I decide to offer 100 Baht for coffee.

Never been called a liar before Frank and I resent  that.

I have no reason to invent these stories, which are only a sample of feedback I receive.

I always give more than 100 Baht for coffee and that is just part of the game. Here, I am talking about opportunistic corruption and in the case of the 84 year old I find his treatment obscene.

Don't get me wrong, if they had told him that he currently did meet the income requirements I would have had no beef because that is within the 'rules'. Far cheaper for him to go to Savannaket for a non-imm O visa.

The point of my post is corruption - and an increasing propensity for blatant corruption at BI - if others are unaffected by it, or prefer to turn a blind eye to it, that is up to them.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »
Ray, it was never my intention to call you a liar, if that is the way my post came across, please accept my sincere apologies.

Your honesty was never in question, if it were, my wife's financial security on my death would not have been placed in your hands.

My doubts stem from the second hand nature of all the stories quoted, but as Freddy has pointed out not everyone is a member here, so perhaps that's the reason they get into these situations.

Again, I apologise if I offended you.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 11:17:23 AM »
Ray, it was never my intention to call you a liar, if that is the way my post came across, please accept my sincere apologies.

Your honesty was never in question, if it were, my wife's financial security on my death would not have been placed in your hands.

My doubts stem from the second hand nature of all the stories quoted, but as Freddy has pointed out not everyone is a member here, so perhaps that's the reason they get into these situations.

Again, I apologise if I offended you.

😃😃😃

Thanks DJ, I hope your wife has to wait a very long time to reap the benefits of your demise🙂

You understand that I come into contact with many expats through the nature of visa, passport, estate planning work. As a consequence of this I hear things and people tell me things. I certainly would not post my comments on a thread of this nature without being as certain as I can that the experiences were genuine.

I am fully aware that BI, and others, have to deal with some real idiots - we have all seen these in action. The 3 examples I quoted (and there are more) were from genuine people who play by the rules and prepare for their immigration visits; none are unreasonable people who expect too much.

I particularly felt for the 84 year old and thought BI took advantage of the situation. I actually helped him with his paperwork and, whilst recognizing the 3,000 p.m. shortfall, I thought BI would take a benevolent view - especially as he had 120,000+ in the bank. I was so disappointed with their actions - next year I will ensure that his income meets the requirements.

Frankly, if I get to 84 I won't bugger about with immigration; I will consider overstaying on grounds of diminished responsibility and let the sods hunt me down if they wish.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick